Keyword

Tiny URL not working on 'Tweet this to your followers'

More
13 years 4 months ago #73537 by Mary Jezierski
Replied by Mary Jezierski on topic Tiny URL not working on 'Tweet this to your followers'
My bad... I had "Enable TinyURL integration for 'Tweet this' link" in the K2 parameters turned off. All is good now!

Thanks again!

Mary Jezierski said:

Hello devsmi,

Thanks for your help with registration on your site. I was able to get in and applied the fix.

The fix works great, but the url is not shortened. :-(

Re: the '+' symbol, I changed "urlencode" to "urldecode", which replaces the plus sign with a space.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #73538 by devsmi
Good Job Mary I didnt even think of that :)

More
13 years 4 months ago #73539 by Fernando Nunes
Replied by Fernando Nunes on topic Tiny URL not working on 'Tweet this to your followers'
$item->twitterURL = 'twitter.com/home/?status='.urlencode('Reading @'.$params->get('twitterUsername').' '.$item->title.' '.$itemURLForTwitter);

to

$item->twitterURL = 'twitter.com/share?text='. urlencode( $params->get('twitterUsername') ).'&url=' . $itemURLForTwitter;

More
13 years 4 months ago #73540 by Chris Valius
This doesn't work.. and when I don't do anything I still get + signs in the description.

Fernando Nunes said:
$item->twitterURL = 'twitter.com/home/?status='.urlencode('Reading @'.$params->get('twitterUsername').' '.$item->title.' '.$itemURLForTwitter);

to

$item->twitterURL = 'twitter.com/share?text='. urlencode( $params->get('twitterUsername') ).'&url=' . $itemURLForTwitter;

More
13 years 4 months ago #73541 by Fernando Nunes
Replied by Fernando Nunes on topic Tiny URL not working on 'Tweet this to your followers'
go to: components\com_k2\views\item\view.html.php and view.raw.php

find: if ($params->get('itemTwitterLink') && $params->get('twitterUsername')) { ...

and replace function with:

if ($params->get('itemTwitterLink') && $params->get('twitterUsername')) {                        $itemURLForTwitter = $item->absoluteURL;                        if($params->get('tinyURL')) {            $ch = curl_init();            $timeout = 5;            curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,'tinyurl.com/api-create.php?url='.$item->absoluteURL);            curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, $timeout);            curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, TRUE);            $itemURLForTwitter = curl_exec($ch);            curl_close($ch);            }                        $item->twitterURL = 'twitter.com/share?text='. urlencode( $params->get('twitterUsername') . ' '. $item->title ).'&url=' . $itemURLForTwitter;        }

You can check whether your hosting supports you curl by phpinfoSorry for English ...

More
13 years 4 months ago #73542 by Chris Valius
This fixed it. Sorry it was at the bottom and did not notice.

Mary Jezierski said:
Hello devsmi,

Thanks for your help with registration on your site. I was able to get in and applied the fix.

The fix works great, but the url is not shortened. :-(

Re: the '+' symbol, I changed "urlencode" to "urldecode", which replaces the plus sign with a space.

More
13 years 3 months ago #73543 by B_Dark
all good but the don't link the name of your site tweeter account with "@" before the twitterUsername

Fernando Nunes said:
go to: components\com_k2\views\item\view.html.php and view.raw.php

find: if ($params->get('itemTwitterLink') && $params->get('twitterUsername')) { ...

and replace function with:

if ($params->get('itemTwitterLink') && $params->get('twitterUsername')) {                        $itemURLForTwitter = $item->absoluteURL;                        if($params->get('tinyURL')) {            $ch = curl_init();            $timeout = 5;            curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_URL,'tinyurl.com/api-create.php?url='.$item->absoluteURL);            curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_CONNECTTIMEOUT, $timeout);            curl_setopt($ch, CURLOPT_RETURNTRANSFER, TRUE);            $itemURLForTwitter = curl_exec($ch);            curl_close($ch);            }                        $item->twitterURL = 'twitter.com/share?text='. urlencode( $params->get('twitterUsername') . ' '. $item->title ).'&url=' . $itemURLForTwitter;        }

You can check whether your hosting supports you curl by phpinfoSorry for English ...

More
13 years 3 months ago #73544 by B_Dark
something like that "via @myusername" the only thing that post right now with  this fix is is username and after the title and the link of twitter

More
13 years 3 months ago #73545 by Fernando Nunes
Twitter API

You can do a variety of ways ... just follow the API. It is somewhat customizable. How do you want?

More
13 years 3 months ago #73546 by B_Dark
item title | twitter link via @username

Fernando Nunes said:
Twitter API

You can do a variety of ways ... just follow the API. It is somewhat customizable. How do you want?