Keyword

HOW DO WE PULL RSS FEED FROM K2 CATEGORIES INSTEAD OF JOOMLA

• karimlo
  • karimlo's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 11 months ago #74478 by karimlo
I have always had my RSS feed my Twitter, my social networks and other blogs. My website Joomla RSS pulls the content from the regular sections and categories of Joomla. The module "syndication" doesn't have options to pick what the RSS feed source is )K2 or Joomla Content).

How do I make my default website RSS to use the K2 content instead of Joomla's default content?

It is really a deal breaking feature.

Ps: Not to spoil this post, the other issue will be: Where is a recent post, popular, etc? I know we can use the same module K2 to create those, but it will be good to have simpler versions of the modules to quickly post and obviously render the same function as those (Most recent, Featured, Most read, Most commented etc.)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 10 months ago #74479 by Nick
there should be a button that asks you to show the rss feed. What you should have is basically 1 MAIN category, and under it all your other categories. Then u just enable the rss feeds for that category and it will automatically include all the sub cats. Then copy the link and just use wherever.

animekyun.com/anime-downloads/category-29.

The top right corner calls the rss feed from all those categories.

More
14 years 8 months ago #74480 by Steve Angel
You don't really need to have 1 specific main category set up in K2 to show an RSS feed for all categories. Just set up a K2 Category menu item called All Categories or something similar and select all the categories or a group of categories in the menu item parameters. You can then set specific options for that group of categories in your menu item including showing or hiding an RSS button.

Here's an example ...
informationsearchengine.com/all-categories.html

The RSS feed here displays all articles from all of the categories I selected in the menu item rather than having to set up a separate main K2 category to hold all the other categories.
I hope that makes sense?

More
14 years 8 months ago #74481 by JoomlaWorks
Just make a K2 category your "home" page ;) See e.g. www.gazzetta.gr

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 7 months ago #74482 by FidelGonzales
If you do not have one already, create a category that contains all the K2 categories you want in the primary feed, then link it to your main menu. Make that menu item your default menu.

Alwin said:In my case the RSS has to pull all the articles from K2 and display it as the default feed. I mean when the user clicks on the feed links in the adress bar he has to get his feed. Also I am sorry but I haven't got what you mean mean by "Just make a K2 category your "home" page ;)" . Could anyone please explain it ?

I would like to either hard code or see an option to add additional feeds into the home page URL as a dropdown. Is there such a plugin or module? This way, when someone is on the main page and selects the RSS button, such as the case on many large sites, they have the dropdown option to select sub-categories, authors, tags, forums, comments and the like.

Is there anything such as this or any hard coded method we ought consider?

More
14 years 7 months ago #74483 by Simon Wells
Each category will display its own RSS feed for it and any other sub category within it.

What I believe is being suggested is this, set up categories as follows:

(SORRY FORMATTING STRIPPED BELOW)
HOME CAT
Sub Cat1
Sub Cat1a
Sub Cat1b
Sub Cat1c
Sub Cat2
Sub Cat2a
Sub Cat2b
Sub Cat2c
Sub Cat3
Sub Cat3a
Sub Cat3a1
Sub Cat3a2
Sub Cat3b
Sub Cat3c
etc, etc.

The HomeCat will display RSS for ALL sub cats within it
SubCat1 will display RSS forall of its own sub cats 1a, 1b, 1c but not 2 or 3
This continues for the others cats.

As of V2.2, there is NO single item RSS feed, as yet.
The file structure only allows for catFeedLayout, but I have clients and there are others that would really like to have individual item RSS feeds to.

Any ideas anyone?

Regards,

Simon

FidelGonzales said:If you do not have one already, create a category that contains all the K2 categories you want in the primary feed, then link it to your main menu. Make that menu item your default menu. Alwin said:In my case the RSS has to pull all the articles from K2 and display it as the default feed. I mean when the user clicks on the feed links in the adress bar he has to get his feed. Also I am sorry but I haven't got what you mean mean by "Just make a K2 category your "home" page ;)" . Could anyone please explain it ?

I would like to either hard code or see an option to add additional feeds into the home page URL as a dropdown. Is there such a plugin or module? This way, when someone is on the main page and selects the RSS button, such as the case on many large sites, they have the dropdown option to select sub-categories, authors, tags, forums, comments and the like.

Is there anything such as this or any hard coded method we ought consider?

More
14 years 7 months ago #74484 by BBCYP
K2Joom said:Each category will display its own RSS feed for it and any other sub category within it.

Hi K2Joom, i am trying to do the above and replied to another related post (CLICK HERE) with the examples of what does/doesn't work, can you please take a look and advise where i am going wrong ? Regards Geoff

More
14 years 7 months ago #74485 by Simon Wells
Got your message, checking.

Break Beat Cyprus said:K2Joom said:Each category will display its own RSS feed for it and any other sub category within it.

Hi K2Joom, i am trying to do the above and replied to another related post (CLICK HERE) with the examples of what does/doesn't work, can you please take a look and advise where i am going wrong ? Regards Geoff

More
14 years 3 months ago #74486 by gg4u
I need to have a syndicator just like as an icon, similar to Mod_syndicate

how to customiza/ do it?
I tried with k2 content, hiding all options but rss, do not work.

Please help!

More
14 years 2 months ago #74487 by OpenPotion, Inc.
My rss feed does not seem to be working... www.openpotion.com/website-design-blog.html the feed claims to be: www.openpotion.com/website-design-blog.feed
But if I click on it in firefox it doesn't show correctly.