Keyword

Frontend Edit Form is totally inverted

• Different Color
  • Different Color's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #75481 by Different Color
Frontend Edit Form is totally inverted was created by Different Color
I've attached an image of how my edit form looks on the front end. It's essentially all aligned right and even inverted like a mirror image in terms of positions.

I'm handy with html/css/troubleshooting, but not a programmer - can someone give me some ideas of where to look to fix this? I did manage to find the style.css and php form layout files for controlling the editor form, but they didn't seem to show anything that would account for the right alignment all over the place? I can't see that the form is referencing other templating stuff... is it? Ugh!

It's happening on two different websites with totally different contents. However, they both have the same MAKE of template (joomlabambo) but not the same template itself.

Martha

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 10 months ago #75482 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic Frontend Edit Form is totally inverted
Does anyone else have this problem of the inverted frontend editor? I tried opening the source code for the frontend editor in Dreamweaver and it shows up just fine - not inverted. I tried applying all the various stylesheets it seems to be calling, none of them are making it align right and invert. That I can tell?

I know just enough to troubleshoot most problems and fix some... but I'm really pretty ignorant about a lot of fundamental coding stuff and I'm exhausted my abilities!

Can I pay someone to fix this? My users will have a real problem interpreting the form if it's inverted and that is unacceptable for this project.

Martha

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 9 months ago #75483 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic Frontend Edit Form is totally inverted
jason - I have a fix for this, do you still need it? email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll forward the details! It's related to the template_rtl file in the templates/system folder if I recall.

Jason said:I discovered that the problem is related to my template. The popup window displays correctly (from left to right) when i use the default template.

More
14 years 9 months ago #75484 by Luigi Massa
Replied by Luigi Massa on topic Frontend Edit Form is totally inverted
HI,
I've the same problem. Can send me the solutione, please?

Martha Moody said:jason - I have a fix for this, do you still need it? email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll forward the details! It's related to the template_rtl file in the templates/system folder if I recall.
Jason said:I discovered that the problem is related to my template. The popup window displays correctly (from left to right) when i use the default template.

More
14 years 9 months ago #75485 by Luigi Massa
Replied by Luigi Massa on topic Frontend Edit Form is totally inverted
Ok friend,
this work also for me!.
Thank you very much.
Ciao

Jason said:This is the solution Martha sent me. It worked for me.
Go to the templates/system/css/folder
Open the template.css AND the template_rtl.css files
Replace the contents of the template_rtl.css file with the contents of the template.css file
Put that template_rtl.css file back up on the live site and clear the caches. It should be fixed!

Luigi Massa said:HI, I've the same problem. Can send me the solutione, please?

Martha Moody said:jason - I have a fix for this, do you still need it? email me at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and I'll forward the details! It's related to the template_rtl file in the templates/system folder if I recall. Jason said:I discovered that the problem is related to my template. The popup window displays correctly (from left to right) when i use the default template.

More
14 years 7 months ago #75486 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Frontend Edit Form is totally inverted
Thanks for this solution however, I would also like to know why the front side editor was using the rtl and not the standard. I know that we have K2 users that would need to use rtl, so just changing to ltr is just a fudge.

I will mark this as something to looking into to find another solid solution.

What editors are you using?

For me, JCE.

More
14 years 7 months ago #75487 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Frontend Edit Form is totally inverted
Understood thanks ;)

Jason said:Sorry, here is the link to the fix: joomlacode.org/gf/project/joomla/tracker/?action=TrackerItem...

• Virtual Point Partners, LLC
More
14 years 7 months ago #75488 by Virtual Point Partners, LLC
Replied by Virtual Point Partners, LLC on topic Frontend Edit Form is totally inverted
Thanks!

This solved my issue with the rtl, but now the save and cancel buttons are on the left, not the right. Any ideas?

• Mauricio González
More
14 years 4 months ago #75489 by Mauricio González
Replied by Mauricio González on topic Frontend Edit Form is totally inverted
Hello everyone.

@Bryant Willis, the problem with the alignment of the buttons you can solve with css.

The table that holds those buttons is floated to the right, as it should, but it doesn't have a width applied to it.

You should look for the file:

administrator/components/com_k2/css/k2.css

and on line 185, where it says:

div.k2Frontend table.toolbar {display:block;float:right;border-collapse:separate;}

change it to:

div.k2Frontend table.toolbar {display:block;float:right;border-collapse:separate;width:200px;}

Just added a width property, and it fixes the problem.

See you around. :D

Bryant willis said:Thanks!
This solved my issue with the rtl, but now the save and cancel buttons are on the left, not the right. Any ideas?

More
14 years 1 month ago #75490 by Jeff Kitterman
Replied by Jeff Kitterman on topic Frontend Edit Form is totally inverted
Thnak you Mauricio,
I have added the width property, which is on line 202 in v2.3, but the issue remains. Any suggestions?
Thanks,
Jeff

Mauricio González said:Hello everyone.
@Bryant Willis, the problem with the alignment of the buttons you can solve with css.

The table that holds those buttons is floated to the right, as it should, but it doesn't have a width applied to it.

You should look for the file:

administrator/components/com_k2/css/k2.css

and on line 185, where it says:

div.k2Frontend table.toolbar {display:block;float:right;border-collapse:separate;}

change it to:

div.k2Frontend table.toolbar {display:block;float:right;border-collapse:separate;width:200px;}

Just added a width property, and it fixes the problem.

See you around. :D

Bryant willis said:Thanks! This solved my issue with the rtl, but now the save and cancel buttons are on the left, not the right. Any ideas?