Keyword

Comment field does not work

• dinovis
  • dinovis's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #75984 by dinovis
Comment field does not work was created by dinovis
Release 2.1 from sept 9.2009 : J1.5.14

I installed K2 wrote an article and published it as item on dinovis.de/index.php/joomla-goes-iphone

I expected comments but visitors reported me that the comment field does not work. I tried by myself and got error

Notice: Undefined index: recaptcha_challenge_field in /srv/www/htdocs/components/com_k2/models/item.php on line 612 Notice: Undefined index: recaptcha_response_field in /srv/www/htdocs/components/com_k2/models/item.php on line 612 The words you typed did not match the ones displayed. Please try again.

sometimes I got no error but the message:

The name or email address you typed is already in use!

Any suggestions?
Wolfgang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• dinovis
  • dinovis's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 9 months ago #75985 by dinovis
Replied by dinovis on topic Comment field does not work
OK, my fault: I enabled reCaptcha without installing it!
My advise: there should be a notice to the administrator that this cannot work instead of an error to the user !

Now I always get

regardless of the mail address I submit to the form!

Any suggestions?
Wolfgang

More
14 years 9 months ago #75986 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Comment field does not work
Hi. You are trying to post a comment with name or email address of a registered user. This check is done so no-one unregistered user can "cheat" the system and have his comment displayed as being a comment of an already registered user ( a site manager for example ).

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Different Color
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 8 months ago #75987 by Different Color
Replied by Different Color on topic Comment field does not work
I didn't know you had to install recaptcha... I put in my keys from recaptcha - is there some plugin I have to install?

Martha

Wolfgang Disch said:OK, my fault: I enabled reCaptcha without installing it! My advise: there should be a notice to the administrator that this cannot work instead of an error to the user !
Now I always get

Any suggestions?
Wolfgang

More
14 years 6 months ago #75988 by Tony Howard
Replied by Tony Howard on topic Comment field does not work
How can I disable this "security" feature? I have comments set to be approved first, so I don't need this extra hastle for registered users - that they have to login first. I'd like to turn this off, and make a suggestion to have this as a toggle in the Parameters in the future.

Thanks,
Tony

Martha Moody said:I didn't know you had to install recaptcha... I put in my keys from recaptcha - is there some plugin I have to install?
Martha

Wolfgang Disch said:OK, my fault: I enabled reCaptcha without installing it! My advise: there should be a notice to the administrator that this cannot work instead of an error to the user ! Now I always get

Any suggestions?
Wolfgang

More
14 years 6 months ago #75989 by Lefteris
Hi. The next release of K2 will automatically disable reCAPTCHA for registered users. For now you can disable it manually through the component parameters.

Tony Howard said:How can I disable this "security" feature? I have comments set to be approved first, so I don't need this extra hastle for registered users - that they have to login first. I'd like to turn this off, and make a suggestion to have this as a toggle in the Parameters in the future.
Thanks,
Tony

Martha Moody said:I didn't know you had to install recaptcha... I put in my keys from recaptcha - is there some plugin I have to install? Martha

Wolfgang Disch said:OK, my fault: I enabled reCaptcha without installing it! My advise: there should be a notice to the administrator that this cannot work instead of an error to the user ! Now I always get

Any suggestions?
Wolfgang

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 6 months ago #75990 by Tony Howard
I don't want to disable reCaptcha. I just don't want registered users to have to sign in.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. The next release of K2 will automatically disable reCAPTCHA for registered users. For now you can disable it manually through the component parameters.
Tony Howard said:How can I disable this "security" feature? I have comments set to be approved first, so I don't need this extra hastle for registered users - that they have to login first. I'd like to turn this off, and make a suggestion to have this as a toggle in the Parameters in the future. Thanks,
Tony

Martha Moody said:I didn't know you had to install recaptcha... I put in my keys from recaptcha - is there some plugin I have to install? Martha
Wolfgang Disch said:OK, my fault: I enabled reCaptcha without installing it! My advise: there should be a notice to the administrator that this cannot work instead of an error to the user ! Now I always get The name or email address you typed is already in use!

Any suggestions?
Wolfgang

More
14 years 6 months ago #75991 by Lefteris
Hi. What exactly do you mean? A registered user has to login to be identified.

Tony Howard said:I don't want to disable reCaptcha. I just don't want registered users to have to sign in.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. The next release of K2 will automatically disable reCAPTCHA for registered users. For now you can disable it manually through the component parameters. Tony Howard said:How can I disable this "security" feature? I have comments set to be approved first, so I don't need this extra hastle for registered users - that they have to login first. I'd like to turn this off, and make a suggestion to have this as a toggle in the Parameters in the future. Thanks, Tony

Martha Moody said:I didn't know you had to install recaptcha... I put in my keys from recaptcha - is there some plugin I have to install? Martha Wolfgang Disch said:OK, my fault: I enabled reCaptcha without installing it! My advise: there should be a notice to the administrator that this cannot work instead of an error to the user ! Now I always get The name or email address you typed is already in use!

Any suggestions?
Wolfgang

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
14 years 6 months ago #75992 by Tony Howard
When you see a comment on a page, you are able to comment whether logged in or not. A registered user should have just as easy a time as anyone else. They shouldn't have to login first. Not only that, but it is completely unclear to them from the error message what is happening.

So to be extra clear. A non-registered user can post a comment easily without logging in.
A registered user, if not ALREADY logged in - say they're just browsing the site like everyone else - they are given an error message when trying to post a comment.

Clear?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. What exactly do you mean? A registered user has to login to be identified.
Tony Howard said:I don't want to disable reCaptcha. I just don't want registered users to have to sign in.
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. The next release of K2 will automatically disable reCAPTCHA for registered users. For now you can disable it manually through the component parameters. Tony Howard said:How can I disable this "security" feature? I have comments set to be approved first, so I don't need this extra hastle for registered users - that they have to login first. I'd like to turn this off, and make a suggestion to have this as a toggle in the Parameters in the future. Thanks, Tony

Martha Moody said:I didn't know you had to install recaptcha... I put in my keys from recaptcha - is there some plugin I have to install? Martha Wolfgang Disch said:OK, my fault: I enabled reCaptcha without installing it! My advise: there should be a notice to the administrator that this cannot work instead of an error to the user ! Now I always get The name or email address you typed is already in use! regardless of the mail address I submit to the form!

Any suggestions?
Wolfgang

More
14 years 6 months ago #75993 by Lefteris
Hi. OK this is clear but this was implemented to avoid a situation when a non-registered user tries to post a comment using the email and name of a registered user.

Tony Howard said:When you see a comment on a page, you are able to comment whether logged in or not. A registered user should have just as easy a time as anyone else. They shouldn't have to login first. Not only that, but it is completely unclear to them from the error message what is happening.
So to be extra clear. A non-registered user can post a comment easily without logging in.
A registered user, if not ALREADY logged in - say they're just browsing the site like everyone else - they are given an error message when trying to post a comment.

Clear?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. What exactly do you mean? A registered user has to login to be identified. Tony Howard said:I don't want to disable reCaptcha. I just don't want registered users to have to sign in. Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. The next release of K2 will automatically disable reCAPTCHA for registered users. For now you can disable it manually through the component parameters. Tony Howard said:How can I disable this "security" feature? I have comments set to be approved first, so I don't need this extra hastle for registered users - that they have to login first. I'd like to turn this off, and make a suggestion to have this as a toggle in the Parameters in the future. Thanks, Tony

Martha Moody said:I didn't know you had to install recaptcha... I put in my keys from recaptcha - is there some plugin I have to install? Martha Wolfgang Disch said:OK, my fault: I enabled reCaptcha without installing it! My advise: there should be a notice to the administrator that this cannot work instead of an error to the user ! Now I always get The name or email address you typed is already in use! regardless of the mail address I submit to the form!
Any suggestions?
Wolfgang

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---