Keyword

Comment field does not work

More
14 years 6 months ago #75994 by Tony Howard
Replied by Tony Howard on topic Comment field does not work
Thank you, but now we are back where we started. So there is no solution?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. OK this is clear but this was implemented to avoid a situation when a non-registered user tries to post a comment using the email and name of a registered user.
Tony Howard said:When you see a comment on a page, you are able to comment whether logged in or not. A registered user should have just as easy a time as anyone else. They shouldn't have to login first. Not only that, but it is completely unclear to them from the error message what is happening. So to be extra clear. A non-registered user can post a comment easily without logging in.
A registered user, if not ALREADY logged in - say they're just browsing the site like everyone else - they are given an error message when trying to post a comment.

Clear?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. What exactly do you mean? A registered user has to login to be identified. Tony Howard said:I don't want to disable reCaptcha. I just don't want registered users to have to sign in. Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. The next release of K2 will automatically disable reCAPTCHA for registered users. For now you can disable it manually through the component parameters. Tony Howard said:How can I disable this "security" feature? I have comments set to be approved first, so I don't need this extra hastle for registered users - that they have to login first. I'd like to turn this off, and make a suggestion to have this as a toggle in the Parameters in the future. Thanks, Tony
Martha Moody said:I didn't know you had to install recaptcha... I put in my keys from recaptcha - is there some plugin I have to install? Martha Wolfgang Disch said:OK, my fault: I enabled reCaptcha without installing it! My advise: there should be a notice to the administrator that this cannot work instead of an error to the user ! Now I always get The name or email address you typed is already in use! regardless of the mail address I submit to the form! Any suggestions?
Wolfgang

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #75995 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Comment field does not work
For now sure not. Maybe we should consider add a parameter for this feature.

Tony Howard said:Thank you, but now we are back where we started. So there is no solution?
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. OK this is clear but this was implemented to avoid a situation when a non-registered user tries to post a comment using the email and name of a registered user. Tony Howard said:When you see a comment on a page, you are able to comment whether logged in or not. A registered user should have just as easy a time as anyone else. They shouldn't have to login first. Not only that, but it is completely unclear to them from the error message what is happening. So to be extra clear. A non-registered user can post a comment easily without logging in. A registered user, if not ALREADY logged in - say they're just browsing the site like everyone else - they are given an error message when trying to post a comment.

Clear?

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. What exactly do you mean? A registered user has to login to be identified. Tony Howard said:I don't want to disable reCaptcha. I just don't want registered users to have to sign in. Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. The next release of K2 will automatically disable reCAPTCHA for registered users. For now you can disable it manually through the component parameters. Tony Howard said:How can I disable this "security" feature? I have comments set to be approved first, so I don't need this extra hastle for registered users - that they have to login first. I'd like to turn this off, and make a suggestion to have this as a toggle in the Parameters in the future. Thanks, Tony Martha Moody said:I didn't know you had to install recaptcha... I put in my keys from recaptcha - is there some plugin I have to install? Martha Wolfgang Disch said:OK, my fault: I enabled reCaptcha without installing it! My advise: there should be a notice to the administrator that this cannot work instead of an error to the user ! Now I always get The name or email address you typed is already in use! regardless of the mail address I submit to the form! Any suggestions? Wolfgang

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
14 years 3 months ago #75996 by Shea Dawson
Replied by Shea Dawson on topic Comment field does not work
Hi Wolfgang, Thanks to William I was able to solve this annoying little problem once and for all.

You need to modify this file

components/com_k2/models/item.php

Remove the following validation code from around line 629

if ($user->guest){
$db = & JFactory::getDBO();
$query = "SELECT COUNT(*) FROM #__users WHERE name=".$db->Quote($userName)." OR email=".$db->Quote($commentEmail);
$db->setQuery($query);
$result = $db->loadresult();
if ($result>0){
echo JText::_('The name or email address you typed is already in use!');
$mainframe->close();
}

}

Cheers,

Shea

More
13 years 8 months ago #75997 by Shea Dawson
Replied by Shea Dawson on topic Comment field does not work
There is no reason why this would cause any security issues.. but yes it is a hack fix and yes you would have to implement it each time you update.  Would be great if K2 could offer an admin configuration setting for it in a future release...