Contact forms in K2 items

• Rikhardur Brynjolfsson
More
14 years 8 months ago #76499 by Rikhardur Brynjolfsson
Replied by Rikhardur Brynjolfsson on topic Contact forms in K2 items
Hello,

I definetly need this feature...

Contact form on items.

Im not a developer and will probably get a joomlancer to write this plugin for me. Anybody interested in sharing the cost?

Thanks
-Rikki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #76500 by jamesrward
Replied by jamesrward on topic Contact forms in K2 items
I would also be interested in this. Just purchased Phil Taylor's Blue Flame Forms to use until something K2 specific is created.

More
14 years 2 months ago #76501 by Marty Peet
Replied by Marty Peet on topic Contact forms in K2 items
Run your page with the {form1} tag in it, have a look at the page source and identify all the code that creates your form. Copy it into your item.php page where you want the form to appear. You may need to check if any JS files are loaded with the {form1} plugin. Has there been any movement on this from anyone? I was thinking that you could perhaps do a PHP include_once of the form that Joomla uses in the individual Contacts pages. I believe that form is in components/com_contact/views/contact/tmpl/default_form.php Anyone have any thoughts on this?

More
14 years 3 days ago #76502 by jmarvin
Replied by jmarvin on topic Contact forms in K2 items
"Ai Contact Safe" seems to work pretty well for this.
Website link

More
13 years 7 months ago #76503 by LMA Trade LTD
Replied by LMA Trade LTD on topic Contact forms in K2 items
Hi,

I've done exactly what you said. Step by step for few times but it doesn't seem to work.

In the email I'm getting the Subject is #PAGETITLE# and in the email body I get this : 

Name: avi Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. pagetitle: #PAGETITLE#

Any ideas?

Blah Blah said:

Hi Sean,
I am implementing Dave's solution using Phil Taylor's JoomlaForms on a development site with some success after figuring out how to add the item title in the Subject Line from the email sent. Here are the missing hint(s) that worked for me:

Create a new form which will be inserted into the K2 article using the {form 1} functionality and add form fields as required. Then create another form field using the "embeddedpagetitle" already built into JoomlaForms and give the field a unique name (mine is "pagetitle") - write down the unique name. Finish your form and move to setting up the form actions.

Create your form actions (thank you, save to database, etc) and then create one using the "mail" action type. In the Email Subject Line be sure to add the unique field name you created earlier in-between hash marks and in all caps ( #PAGETITLE# ). Mine looks like this " Inquiry - #PAGETITLE# ". Now when an email form is submitted, the Subject line of the email will be the title of the page where the email was sent from.

PS – I have no connection to Phil Taylor other than purchasing and using his well thought out components.

More
13 years 7 months ago #76504 by blahblah
Replied by blahblah on topic Contact forms in K2 items
Hi Avi,

The best way I can explain is show you my settings, the order for actions, etc.

1_Form_Fields.jpg shows the form fields plus the settigns for pagetitle.

2_SubmitActions.jpg shows the actions for mail.

Hope this helps.

Avi Theret said:
Hi,

I've done exactly what you said. Step by step for few times but it doesn't seem to work.

In the email I'm getting the Subject is #PAGETITLE# and in the email body I get this : 

Name: avi Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. pagetitle: #PAGETITLE#

Any ideas?

Blah Blah said:

Hi Sean, I am implementing Dave's solution using Phil Taylor's JoomlaForms on a development site with some success after figuring out how to add the item title in the Subject Line from the email sent. Here are the missing hint(s) that worked for me:

Create a new form which will be inserted into the K2 article using the {form 1} functionality and add form fields as required. Then create another form field using the "embeddedpagetitle" already built into JoomlaForms and give the field a unique name (mine is "pagetitle") - write down the unique name. Finish your form and move to setting up the form actions.

Create your form actions (thank you, save to database, etc) and then create one using the "mail" action type. In the Email Subject Line be sure to add the unique field name you created earlier in-between hash marks and in all caps ( #PAGETITLE# ). Mine looks like this " Inquiry - #PAGETITLE# ". Now when an email form is submitted, the Subject line of the email will be the title of the page where the email was sent from.

PS – I have no connection to Phil Taylor other than purchasing and using his well thought out components.
Attachments:

More
13 years 7 months ago #76505 by LMA Trade LTD
Blah Blah said:Hi Avi,

The best way I can explain is show you my settings, the order for actions, etc.

1_Form_Fields.jpg shows the form fields plus the settigns for pagetitle.

2_SubmitActions.jpg shows the actions for mail.

Hope this helps.

Avi Theret said:
Hi,

Any ideas?

Blah Blah said:

Hi Sean, I am implementing Dave's solution using Phil Taylor's JoomlaForms on a development site with some success after figuring out how to add the item title in the Subject Line from the email sent. Here are the missing hint(s) that worked for me:

Hi Blah Blah,

Thanks for the quick and good reply :)

Done exactly that. Where #PAGETITLE# should show the item title it shows the form title...
Name: Cluster Jewellery
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Product: Inquiry

The Product is set to #PAGETITLE#

I can PM login details if you don't mind having a look.

Thanks

More
13 years 7 months ago #76506 by blahblah
Hi Avi,

I just looked into my setup. For certain articles I am embedding the {form #} in K2 Items (aka: articles), and the AceSEF component with K2 Extension. On these articles the form returns #PAGETITLE# value correctly in the sent email after form completion. On pages where I use the regurlar J! article function, the form does not return #PAGETITLE#. In the attached file you will the settings for the AceSEF K2 Extension.
Attachments:

More
13 years 7 months ago #76507 by LMA Trade LTD
Thanks. Couldn't find a file attached though :) ...

Blah Blah said:
Hi Avi,

I just looked into my setup. For certain articles I am embedding the {form #} in K2 Items (aka: articles), and the AceSEF component with K2 Extension. On these articles the form returns #PAGETITLE# value correctly in the sent email after form completion. On pages where I use the regurlar J! article function, the form does not return #PAGETITLE#. In the attached file you will the settings for the AceSEF K2 Extension.

More
13 years 7 months ago #76508 by blahblah
Check again as I had to edit a reply.