Keyword

K2 Templating

• JM Brissat
  • JM Brissat's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #76766 by JM Brissat
K2 Templating was created by JM Brissat
Hello K2 Users,

I'm a pretty recent joomla user and I've already updated most of the sites I manage with K2.
I love it but I still have a bit of a problem with the templating. (I know nothing about PHP)
What I want to do is remove completely or control the colors of the "light blue or sometime light yellow" back ground behind the categories and the users.
It looks quiet alright when using a white background but when using black. it makes everything almost impossible to read ...?

Does anyone has a simple way to explain how to do this kind of alteration?
cheers
jmb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 8 months ago #76767 by troponin
Replied by troponin on topic K2 Templating
You dont have to know php for styling settings - you should know something about css.
Edit yout style.css in yout k2 template folder.

for example: If you want to change the background color for comments div, search "itemComments" and change the background to #000000 (black).

If you wanna learn something about css visit this site :
CSS
Helpfull Tool for Firefox

More
14 years 8 months ago #76768 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Templating
Hi, yes, you can change the colours for these items, I have done it my self on my site K2Joom.

This is done just by changing the css file for K2, check /K2/components/com_k2/css/style.css
For example, to change the background colour of the leading item displayed in a category, you can change the colour code for div.groupLeading.

There are various other items that can be changed, I have marked this as the next tutorial I will write.

• JM Brissat
More
14 years 8 months ago #76769 by JM Brissat
Replied by JM Brissat on topic K2 Templating
Thank's for the help ...I'm gonna go and try this out
cheers
jmb

Troponin said:You dont have to know php for styling settings - you should know something about css. Edit yout style.css in yout k2 template folder.

for example: If you want to change the background color for comments div, search "itemComments" and change the background to #000000 (black).

CSS

• JM Brissat
More
14 years 8 months ago #76770 by JM Brissat
Thank's for the help ...
I'll let you guys know about my progress
cheers
jmb

Simon Wells said:Hi, yes, you can change the colours for these items, I have done it my self on my site K2Joom.
This is done just by changing the css file for K2, check /K2/components/com_k2/css/style.css
For example, to change the background colour of the leading item displayed in a category, you can change the colour code for div.groupLeading.

There are various other items that can be changed, I have marked this as the next tutorial I will write.

• JM Brissat
More
14 years 8 months ago #76771 by JM Brissat
Great ...Thanks again for you guys's help

This Firebug is the business ...
it took me only an hour to make everything look perfect in K2
cheers
jmb

And Happy New Year

More
14 years 8 months ago #76772 by Omar
Replied by Omar on topic K2 Templating
Hi

I have tried this and it seems to have worked, background color change did not effect the portion that contains the actual user entered comment with avatar,date/time and comment link. Have a look for yourself.

www.waberi.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=12:waberi-expo&Itemid=185#itemCommentsAnchor

Simon Wells said:Hi, yes, you can change the colours for these items, I have done it my self on my site K2Joom.

More
14 years 8 months ago #76773 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Templating
Have a look in the css for .even and .odd.
These two elements have different colours to add interest to a list.

K2Koom.com

Omar said:Hi
I have tried this and it seems to have worked, background color change did not effect the portion that contains the actual user entered comment with avatar,date/time and comment link. Have a look for yourself.

www.waberi.org/index.php?option=com_k2&view=item&id=...

Simon Wells said:Hi, yes, you can change the colours for these items, I have done it my self on my site K2Joom. This is done just by changing the css file for K2, check /K2/components/com_k2/css/style.css

More
14 years 1 month ago #76774 by jack sudan
Replied by jack sudan on topic K2 Templating
Why can't I find a style.css in my k2 template folder? The path is com_k2/templates/default???
only .php files in there and I just installed k2 so where is it? I have looked in all the sub folders too. I have found a k2.css file in com_k2/css/k2.css, is that the file?
I want to change the items and category background in my template, I believe I have to override k2.css but can't find simple instructions on how to do this.
Can anyone help
Thanks in advance :)

Troponin said:You dont have to know php for styling settings - you should know something about css. Edit yout style.css in yout k2 template folder.

CSS

More
14 years 1 month ago #76775 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Templating
two popluar posts about this are at
simon.getk2.org/component/k2/item/91-templating
and
community.getk2.org/notes/Templating_in_K2
The original file k2.css should be found in a directory something like this
/httpdocs(YOUR ROOT)/components/com_k2/css

John SHeridan said:Why can't I find a style.css in my k2 template folder? The path is com_k2/templates/default??? only .php files in there and I just installed k2 so where is it? I have looked in all the sub folders too. I have found a k2.css file in com_k2/css/k2.css, is that the file?
I want to change the items and category background in my template, I believe I have to override k2.css but can't find simple instructions on how to do this.
Can anyone help
Thanks in advance :)

CSS