Keyword

K2 Templating

More
14 years 1 month ago #76776 by jack sudan
Replied by jack sudan on topic K2 Templating
Thank you william, the original is there, so where should i copy that to? and if i make changes will it take affect without having to touch php files? Thans in advance
William White said:two popluar posts about this are at simon.getk2.org/component/k2/item/91-templating
and
community.getk2.org/notes/Templating_in_K2
The original file k2.css should be found in a directory something like this
/httpdocs(YOUR ROOT)/components/com_k2/css

John SHeridan said:Why can't I find a style.css in my k2 template folder? The path is com_k2/templates/default??? only .php files in there and I just installed k2 so where is it? I have looked in all the sub folders too. I have found a k2.css file in com_k2/css/k2.css, is that the file? I want to change the items and category background in my template, I believe I have to override k2.css but can't find simple instructions on how to do this.
Can anyone help
Thanks in advance :)

Troponin said:You dont have to know php for styling settings - you should know something about css. Edit yout style.css in yout k2 template folder. for example: If you want to change the background color for comments div, search "itemComments" and change the background to #000000 (black).

If you wanna learn something about css visit this site :
CSS
Helpfull Tool for Firefox

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #76777 by jack sudan
John SHeridan said:Thank you william, if i make changes will it take affect without having to touch php files? Thans in advance
William White said:two popluar posts about this are at simon.getk2.org/component/k2/item/91-templating and
community.getk2.org/notes/Templating_in_K2

John SHeridan said:Why can't I find a style.css in my k2 template folder? The path is com_k2/templates/default??? only .php files in there and I just installed k2 so where is it? I have looked in all the sub folders too. I have found a k2.css file in com_k2/css/k2.css, is that the file? I want to change the items and category background in my template, I believe I have to override k2.css but can't find simple instructions on how to do this. Can anyone help
Thanks in advance :)

Troponin said:You dont have to know php for styling settings - you should know something about css. Edit yout style.css in yout k2 template folder. for example: If you want to change the background color for comments div, search "itemComments" and change the background to #000000 (black).
If you wanna learn something about css visit this site :
CSS

More
14 years 1 month ago #76778 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Templating
If you are just wanting to change the file change it, it will affect the entire site and all categories.
If you are using overrides and templating it will only affect where you tell it to and it wont change th core files or be overwritten when you update k2. In this case it should be somewhere like
YourSiteRoot/templates/YourCurrentTemplate/html/com_ke/templates/Your override name
after copying it into that directory, you must rename it to YourTemplateName_style.css for css4k2 to pick it up for that special use only...in other words when you are setting up a category you can select the override and it will get the special css styling that goes with the override.

John SHeridan said:John SHeridan said:Thank you william, if i make changes will it take affect without having to touch php files? Thans in advance William White said:two popluar posts about this are at simon.getk2.org/component/k2/item/91-templating and community.getk2.org/notes/Templating_in_K2

John SHeridan said:Why can't I find a style.css in my k2 template folder? The path is com_k2/templates/default??? only .php files in there and I just installed k2 so where is it? I have looked in all the sub folders too. I have found a k2.css file in com_k2/css/k2.css, is that the file? I want to change the items and category background in my template, I believe I have to override k2.css but can't find simple instructions on how to do this. Can anyone help Thanks in advance :)

Troponin said:You dont have to know php for styling settings - you should know something about css. Edit yout style.css in yout k2 template folder. for example: If you want to change the background color for comments div, search "itemComments" and change the background to #000000 (black). If you wanna learn something about css visit this site :
CSS

More
14 years 1 month ago #76779 by jack sudan
Thanks Williaqm I got everything working, except one little problem the social sharing images and rating stars are not showing up, i mean the images are not there, even though when i mouse over the area where rating is i can rate and item.
any suggestions.
thanks in advance
John

William White said:If you are just wanting to change the file change it, it will affect the entire site and all categories. If you are using overrides and templating it will only affect where you tell it to and it wont change th core files or be overwritten when you update k2. In this case it should be somewhere like
YourSiteRoot/templates/YourCurrentTemplate/html/com_ke/templates/Your override name
after copying it into that directory, you must rename it to YourTemplateName_style.css for css4k2 to pick it up for that special use only...in other words when you are setting up a category you can select the override and it will get the special css styling that goes with the override.

John SHeridan said:John SHeridan said:Thank you william, if i make changes will it take affect without having to touch php files? Thans in advance William White said:two popluar posts about this are at simon.getk2.org/component/k2/item/91-templating and community.getk2.org/notes/Templating_in_K2 The original file k2.css should be found in a directory something like this

John SHeridan said:Why can't I find a style.css in my k2 template folder? The path is com_k2/templates/default??? only .php files in there and I just installed k2 so where is it? I have looked in all the sub folders too. I have found a k2.css file in com_k2/css/k2.css, is that the file? I want to change the items and category background in my template, I believe I have to override k2.css but can't find simple instructions on how to do this. Can anyone help Thanks in advance :)
Troponin said:You dont have to know php for styling settings - you should know something about css. Edit yout style.css in yout k2 template folder. for example: If you want to change the background color for comments div, search "itemComments" and change the background to #000000 (black). If you wanna learn something about css visit this site : CSS