Keyword

Bug in the search plugin

More
14 years 7 months ago #77573 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Bug in the search plugin
We are using K2 V2.2 on K2Joom and search is working via mod_k2_tools, it is not perfect, but it does show results.
Search plugins which are enabled are: K2, Content, Weblinks, Contacts, Categories, Sections, Newsfeeds.

Interestingly, the Joomla search module displays K2 content results and does so much nicer than the K2 module.
I have added a demo here.

Interestingly again, I just compared V2.1 and V2.2 of search.php, 100% the same.

Simon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 7 months ago #77574 by thrinodos
Replied by thrinodos on topic Bug in the search plugin
same problem here...especially with the integration with joomfish...

More
14 years 7 months ago #77575 by FuturOn
Replied by FuturOn on topic Bug in the search plugin
We have a similor problem. Use the k2 search mod and the tag cloud. It works ok unless you search on the terms in the tag cloud. (even when on in plugin)

You can also search on entire words only and it doesn't recognize capitals. i.e. There is an article STuk and it finds when searching "stuk" but not when searching on "STuk"

Seems buggie as hell that searh module...
I hope you can fix this soon cause we need to go live.

Besides that search bug it's a wonderful component!

More
14 years 5 months ago #77576 by zelda
Replied by zelda on topic Bug in the search plugin
@Ivo
thanks for the link to joomlaworks K2 project on Google code
The last SVN (april 8) of the K2 search plugin code (k2.php and k2.xml to modify) works perfectly.
code.google.com/p/joomlaworks/source/browse/#svn/trunk/K2/plugins/search%3Fstate%3Dclosed

What a relief ! At least, something works.
NB : In my test, I didn't use K2 module search, but Joomla regular search component and module.

More
14 years 5 months ago #77577 by zelda
Replied by zelda on topic Bug in the search plugin
Well,
final testings OK.
Recap : I made the modifs mentionned above.
I use regular Joomla search module and component.
It finds stuff in Joomla regular articles AND in K2 items.
It event finds correctly accented characters (excluding non accented ones).

Good job to whom deserves it !

More
14 years 4 months ago #77578 by Mark Canham
Replied by Mark Canham on topic Bug in the search plugin
Hi, I've found this thread trying to find a solution to an error I am receiving when I set "Enable search in tags" to yes, and search using the joomla mod_search. When I do this I receive the following error:

"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /plugins/search/k2.php on line 142"

Another thread points to this one, but as far as I can tell my issue is not resolved in this thread.

I've setup a test site with the latest 2.3svn to see if the issue is resolved there, but rather than being fixed the functionality to search tags seems to have been removed. The option to Enable search in tags has gone from the k2 search plugin configuration, and I cannot get it to pick up tags in a search result.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue in 2.2, and whether or not the search by tag function is going to be included in 2.3?

Thanks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77579 by JOSEFA PORTUGAL
Replied by JOSEFA PORTUGAL on topic Bug in the search plugin
Had the same problem ""Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /plugins/search/k2.php on line 142"

I went to this site, replaced the k2.php in my files and it worked like a charm!

"The last SVN (april 8) of the K2 search plugin code (k2.php and k2.xml to modify) works perfectly.
code.google.com/p/joomlaworks/source/browse/#svn/trunk/K2/pl..."

Mark Canham said:Hi, I've found this thread trying to find a solution to an error I am receiving when I set "Enable search in tags" to yes, and search using the joomla mod_search. When I do this I receive the following error:
"Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /plugins/search/k2.php on line 142"

Another thread points to this one, but as far as I can tell my issue is not resolved in this thread.

I've setup a test site with the latest 2.3svn to see if the issue is resolved there, but rather than being fixed the functionality to search tags seems to have been removed. The option to Enable search in tags has gone from the k2 search plugin configuration, and I cannot get it to pick up tags in a search result.

Does anyone know if there is a fix for this issue in 2.2, and whether or not the search by tag function is going to be included in 2.3?

Thanks.

More
14 years 3 months ago #77580 by Markus Thiel
Replied by Markus Thiel on topic Bug in the search plugin
Works like a charm from the svn :)

• Thomas Johannessen
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #77581 by Thomas Johannessen
Replied by Thomas Johannessen on topic Bug in the search plugin
I have same problem, running 1.5.20 and K2 v 2.3

have No in tags chosen in plugin.
my site search can not find any users or other..

More
13 years 11 months ago #77582 by Stephanie
Replied by Stephanie on topic Bug in the search plugin
it worked for me too, thanks :)

Monteagudo Marketing said:Had the same problem ""Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /plugins/search/k2.php on line 142" I went to this site, replaced the k2.php in my files and it worked like a charm!

"The last SVN (april 8) of the K2 search plugin code (k2.php and k2.xml to modify) works perfectly.
code.google.com/p/joomlaworks/source/browse/#svn/trunk/K2/pl..."