Keyword

inherit parameter options from category not working

• Malcolm Wiseman
  • Malcolm Wiseman's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 8 months ago #77743 by Malcolm Wiseman
I can't get inheritance to work at all. I setup a category and its options and then create a child category or new item, but the parameter options do not then reflect the options of the parent. They are instead stuck on "show" which I presume is the default. I'm using j1.5.15 and k2 2.2  Please help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Christopher Jackson
More
14 years 8 months ago #77744 by Christopher Jackson
Replied by Christopher Jackson on topic inherit parameter options from category not working
Having same problem here. Same version of joomla and k2.

Developers or anyone else: any ideas on what's happening?

More
14 years 8 months ago #77745 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic inherit parameter options from category not working
I agree, that when you select "inherit", it does not always show the exact same configuration.

This is of course something that should be ironed out, but so far, so good, it does really work.
K2Joom.com is running 90 Categories. All sub categories inherit from either their parent or at least one of the same level categories. In fact, I even have some sub cats inheriting from a different parent.

• Christopher Jackson
More
14 years 8 months ago #77746 by Christopher Jackson
Replied by Christopher Jackson on topic inherit parameter options from category not working
Hi Simon,

glad to hear that someone has the inherit feature working. Are you running v2.2?

It's not just that it doesn't always show the exact same configuration...no parameters are inherited at all when this option is selected.

Sure hope this is fixed in the next release...or that someone points out what I'm doing wrong.

cheers,
Forest

More
14 years 8 months ago #77747 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic inherit parameter options from category not working
Yes, I am running V2.2.

Check this example

This category and its subs are configured as such

All sub categories inherit from the parent (K2 Theming)
1 leading, 2 primary, 4 secondary.
Although, there is not enough items, you can see that the parent category (k2 Theming) and the sub/sub categories (CSS Style) are the same.
This images shows that it is inherited.

• Christopher Jackson
More
14 years 8 months ago #77748 by Christopher Jackson
Yep. Same set up as me.

Except that inherit parameters isn't working for me. :(

• Malcolm Wiseman
More
14 years 8 months ago #77749 by Malcolm Wiseman
Replied by Malcolm Wiseman on topic inherit parameter options from category not working
Thanks for confirming that I'm not alone with inheritance not working at all. Hope we can get this fixed! I wonder if it could be related to PHP version? I'm running PHP 5 on a RH linux server.

Forest said:Yep. Same set up as me.
Except that inherit parameters isn't working for me. :(

• Christopher Jackson
More
14 years 8 months ago #77750 by Christopher Jackson
So, if any developers are reading this, it sure would be nice to have a solution to this.

I've just created a new 45 minute long video tutorial on using K2 to create a product catalog for our Joomlashack University students, and in the video I teach about what the inherit parameters is supposed to do, but that it currently isn't working, at least that I couldn't get it to work.

I'll be glad to edit the video once there is a fix, or if someone points out the trick to get it to work.

Cheers,
Forest

More
14 years 8 months ago #77751 by Simon Wells
I would be willing, if you agree, to take a look at the backend for you, just in case it is an obvious setting I have forgotten to mention.

Forest said:So, if any developers are reading this, it sure would be nice to have a solution to this.
I've just created a new 45 minute long video tutorial on using K2 to create a product catalog for our Joomlashack University students, and in the video I teach about what the inherit parameters is supposed to do, but that it currently isn't working, at least that I couldn't get it to work.

I'll be glad to edit the video once there is a fix, or if someone points out the trick to get it to work.

Cheers,
Forest

• Malcolm Wiseman
More
14 years 8 months ago #77752 by Malcolm Wiseman
Replied by Malcolm Wiseman on topic inherit parameter options from category not working
k2joom, would you take at my setup? if so, I've setup a admin acct. for you, and I can send passwd via email or other.

thanks!