Keyword

Questions about Extra Fields.

• Mike Feaster
  • Mike Feaster's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78201 by Mike Feaster
Questions about Extra Fields. was created by Mike Feaster
Ok, I first used K2 a few months back on a website that I was creating and I really liked the functionality and ease of use.  I am now using it on another site but tapping into more of the functionality of it now.  I've ran into two things that I do not if they are Bugs or Limitations.Question 1:  I have created an Extra Fields group and started creating my Extra Fields.  I have a total of 17 fields but only 15 are showing up.  The odd thing is it's not displaying two fields nested in the list so I'm not sure why they are not being displayed.  I could understand if there was a limitation and it just stopped display fields after it hit the limit so I'm not sure what is going on here.Question 2:  There is the appearance that you can change the order of fields but the option is grayed out.  Is this by design?  Am I missing something?Any help would be greatly appreciated.Thanks,Mike

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Feaster
More
14 years 7 months ago #78202 by Mike Feaster
Replied by Mike Feaster on topic Questions about Extra Fields.
Sorry, I have an additional question. Is it possible to have the Extra Fields displayed across four columns instead of two?

Thanks again,

Mike

More
14 years 7 months ago #78203 by FeSys
Replied by FeSys on topic Questions about Extra Fields.
Hello "Mike"..
If not yet, just upgrade (install overrides) to the latest stable K2 v. 2.2.
Or, Back up and make a fresh install again.
I have no problems with what you asking above.

Thanks

More
14 years 7 months ago #78204 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Questions about Extra Fields.
Hi Mike,

I think this is a "special feature" as I am using V2.2 on K2joom.com but I can not change the order of the list, either manually entering a new value or using the up/down buttons. Besides, there is no save either.

I have 21 extra fields and all 21 show up, fyi in your example it shows 16 but you say only 15 appear ;)

You would need to change some core files to allow exta columns to be displayed too.

• Mike Feaster
More
14 years 7 months ago #78205 by Mike Feaster
Ok, just upgraded but no go. There are Extra Fields still not displaying and the ordering option is still grayed out.

Followeyes said:Hello "Mike".. If not yet, just upgrade (install overrides) to the latest stable K2 v. 2.2.
Or, Back up and make a fresh install again.
I have no problems with what you asking above.

Thanks

• Mike Feaster
More
14 years 7 months ago #78206 by Mike Feaster
Ok, I've added a total of 38 fields but only 34 are displaying in the front end.

K2Joom said:Hi Mike,
I think this is a "special feature" as I am using V2.2 on K2joom.com but I can not change the order of the list, either manually entering a new value or using the up/down buttons. Besides, there is no save either.

I have 21 extra fields and all 21 show up, fyi in your example it shows 16 but you say only 15 appear ;)

You would need to change some core files to allow exta columns to be displayed too.

• olsen
  • Elite Member
  • Joomla and K2 Freelancer
More
14 years 7 months ago #78207 by olsen
Replied by olsen on topic Questions about Extra Fields.
K2Joom said:Hi Mike,

I think Mike means frontend display for extra fields so there is no needs to change any core files, just some CSS customization.

Rgds

Didn't solve your issues?? Why dont you consider hire me? Email me or contact me www.xevedigital.com for details

• Mike Feaster
More
14 years 7 months ago #78208 by Mike Feaster
Update. I have used phpMyAdmin to view the ExtraFields table in SQL and it looks good. All the fields show and the public value is set to 1. Not sure where to look next. Oh and I have 36 fields not 38 and it's still those 2 field from earlier that are not showing.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78209 by Buddy Q
Replied by Buddy Q on topic Questions about Extra Fields.
Why doesn't ordering work? Seriously, this should not be a special feature and it looks built. Is there a trick to get extra field ordering to work? It's pretty important that this work.

Finding quite a few bugs: image gallery plugin does not work, front-end editing is messed up reversed right to left, and can't order important fields. Please tell me these things are fixable. Otherwise, I might have to go to those "other" guys jseblod.

Buddy

• Mike Feaster
More
14 years 7 months ago #78210 by Mike Feaster
Anyone else have any ideas on troubleshooting the missing fields?