Keyword

Questions about Extra Fields.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78221 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic Questions about Extra Fields.
Mike, I am in right now.

There are 36 extra fields, both #, order and ID are complete from 1 to 36, none missing in between.
I checked the both K2 items and counted 36 extra fields within the tab.

Can you tell me which is missing as all looks ok.

I can also confirm the Order sort will enable the column sort, I am looking into fixing this.

Juan said:you can modify the date of creation of the item when editing, it in the right panel with all its properties, or you can do that directly on the database...still don't know why it worked for some items and not for all Mike Feaster said:Well I did not see where you could modify the date so I went ahead and added a new Item and one of the fields now appears but the one is still now showing. I've provide K2Joom access to the site so hopefully he will be able to determine what the issue is. Juan said:About extra fields not showing, I think I have found the problem, and partially the solution I'm using K2 version 2.0 as I need front end editing with Joomfish enabled It seems that if you create an item and later create the extra field, it won't show up. If the creation of the field is before the item creation, it works. Changing the item creation date to a later one (after the extra field creation) did succed to some of my items, but not to all, that's why I'm stuck...if I make a copy of the item that is not showing the extra fields, it works, but I can't duplicate the entire site at this point!!

any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mike Feaster
  • Mike Feaster's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78222 by Mike Feaster
Replied by Mike Feaster on topic Questions about Extra Fields.
Thanks for looking into this. If you go here www.theamericanbulldogclub.com/index.php?option=com_k2&view=itemlist&layout=category&task=category&id=1&Itemid=18 and look at each of the listings there they are each missing different fields. It is very odd.

K2Joom said:Mike, I am in right now.
There are 36 extra fields, both #, order and ID are complete from 1 to 36, none missing in between.
I checked the both K2 items and counted 36 extra fields within the tab.

Can you tell me which is missing as all looks ok.

I can also confirm the Order sort will enable the column sort, I am looking into fixing this.

Juan said:you can modify the date of creation of the item when editing, it in the right panel with all its properties, or you can do that directly on the database...still don't know why it worked for some items and not for all Mike Feaster said:Well I did not see where you could modify the date so I went ahead and added a new Item and one of the fields now appears but the one is still now showing. I've provide K2Joom access to the site so hopefully he will be able to determine what the issue is. Juan said:About extra fields not showing, I think I have found the problem, and partially the solution I'm using K2 version 2.0 as I need front end editing with Joomfish enabled It seems that if you create an item and later create the extra field, it won't show up. If the creation of the field is before the item creation, it works. Changing the item creation date to a later one (after the extra field creation) did succed to some of my items, but not to all, that's why I'm stuck...if I make a copy of the item that is not showing the extra fields, it works, but I can't duplicate the entire site at this point!!
any ideas?

• Mike Feaster
More
14 years 7 months ago #78223 by Mike Feaster
Interesting. I had two items. One of the fields were missing on both items and each item was missing a second field that was different. So, after playing around with the items and fields a bit I went ahead and made sure every field had a value. After entering values in the backend for those missing fields they showed up in the front end.

So, from my testing they fields missing did not have values. Once a value was added they appeared.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78224 by Simon Wells
Hi Mike,

I sent you a couple of PM's.
Apologies, from your previous messages and screen shots I thought you were having issues with missing extra fields in the backend.

If I had realised, I could have wrapped this up sooner, sorry.

Yes, on Multi Select Lists, you need to select at least one of the options.
If you do not wish to choose anything, you have to have a N/A or NONE set.

Hopefully this resolves your issues now.

Regards,

Simon

Mike Feaster said:Interesting. I had two items. One of the fields were missing on both items and each item was missing a second field that was different. So, after playing around with the items and fields a bit I went ahead and made sure every field had a value. After entering values in the backend for those missing fields they showed up in the front end. So, from my testing they fields missing did not have values. Once a value was added they appeared.

• Mike Feaster
More
14 years 7 months ago #78225 by Mike Feaster
Yeah sorry about the confusion. Everything seems to be working great now. Thanks for the help.

K2Joom said:Hi Mike,
I sent you a couple of PM's.
Apologies, from your previous messages and screen shots I thought you were having issues with missing extra fields in the backend.

Regards,

Simon

Mike Feaster said:Interesting. I had two items. One of the fields were missing on both items and each item was missing a second field that was different. So, after playing around with the items and fields a bit I went ahead and made sure every field had a value. After entering values in the backend for those missing fields they showed up in the front end. So, from my testing they fields missing did not have values. Once a value was added they appeared.

More
14 years 7 months ago #78226 by Simon Wells
More than welcome Mike, anytime.

Mike Feaster said:Yeah sorry about the confusion. Everything seems to be working great now. Thanks for the help.
K2Joom said:Hi Mike, I sent you a couple of PM's.

Regards,

Simon

More
14 years 6 months ago #78227 by David
Replied by David on topic Questions about Extra Fields.
Hi, I'm experiencing similar problems. I have several extra fields categories, and in each a set of extra fields. In both instances on different pages there are fields simply not being displayed. I also experienced the ordering problem and agree the fix is to click on the column title.

However I have tried to change the date of items associated with the fields category and it has made no difference. having said that I am displaying four K2 items as tabs. I have updated all item creation dates to see if this is preventing the display but again no difference.

I have also changed the order of the extra fields so the fourth (not being displayed) is in 3rd position, abd again, it is still not displayed. You can see this on: www.move2gozo.com/gozo-and-malta/getting-to-malta-and-gozo.html

Any other ideas gratefully received.

More
14 years 6 months ago #78228 by David
Replied by David on topic Questions about Extra Fields.
For the record, since last update above I edited the main K2 item displaying my tabs(also k2 items), and simply changed just ONE of the extra fields item window option (e.g. from lightbox popup to new window) and saved, and it the missing one has now appeared. note that it did not seem to matter Which one was updated