Keyword

K2 Front page items

More
14 years 7 months ago #78806 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic K2 Front page items
If you like, I would be willing to have a look at your category settings, as I suspect it has something to do with these parameters.
You would need to create backend login, but I understand if you do not wish to do so.

Check you settings for Leading, primary and secondary, in your home category.
Set leading count and Columns to 0, as that has a different format.
Set Primary count to 4 and columns to 2.
Set Secondary count and columns to 0.
Set Order to Most Recent First.

Look forward to getting this fixed for you.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

HomesteadMommy said:That's what I have it set at now. The problem is it's not showing just the 1st newest item but all of them...You can see on the home page it shows 3 items from the video section before going to the next. I only want the newest one... Doesn't seem to matter what settings I use. If I use featured only it works but them moves the side bar to the bottom. If I use newest items etc. then it tries to show all the ones in a category.
K2Joom said:Instead of featured items, set the Item Ordering set to Most Recent First. Remember to turn off your featured items.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• HomesteadMommy
  • HomesteadMommy's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78807 by HomesteadMommy
Replied by HomesteadMommy on topic K2 Front page items
Thanks! I've tried just about ever setting I can think of...Here are a few screen shots. If it doesn't help I'd be happy to make you a log in.

K2Joom said:If you like, I would be willing to have a look at your category settings, as I suspect it has something to do with these parameters.
Attachments:

• HomesteadMommy
  • HomesteadMommy's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 7 months ago #78808 by HomesteadMommy
Replied by HomesteadMommy on topic K2 Front page items
I got it!!! :-) I've been mucking with this all day... What I ended up doing is using Modules Anywhere to pull the k2 content boxes into the page description. That's the only way it wouldn't muck up my sidebar. I'll keep trying to play with the formatting a little.

Still need to get rid of the silly bullet makers...

Thanks for all your help. :-)

K2Joom said:If you like, I would be willing to have a look at your category settings, as I suspect it has something to do with these parameters.

More
14 years 2 months ago #78809 by nicholas marsh
Replied by nicholas marsh on topic K2 Front page items
I have a similar issue I think:-

www.staged-site3.co.uk

I want to create a nice front page that has a mix of text, images and reviews. All are created as 'items' with K2.

My menu type is a 'K2 category' menu. It pulls in items from a category call 'home page' (for the first 3 items you can see on the home page) and pulls in items from several other categories for the other items (the reviews). I want the home page to only show 'featured' reviews (really like the graphics for these btw!) however if I switch to 'only show featured items' my top 3 items assigned to the home page category disappear! Logical I guess. I obviously don't want the first three items it include the 'featured grphics' so now not sure what to do!

More
14 years 2 months ago #78810 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Front page items
Look at the category settings for the menu. Tell it not to get subcategories if that choice is there
Also, look at the category paramaters. Leave the featured number or items or increase it, then set the other below it to display 0 items

More
14 years 2 months ago #78811 by Nesteman
Replied by Nesteman on topic K2 Front page items
Hy. It`s my first time working with K2; I am using Grid2 template from JoomlaBamboo and I don`t understand how to display my content on the front page like in the demo ( demo.joomlabamboo.com/ ). Please help me!
PS: even this way is a geate component

• Miltiadis bouchalakis
More
14 years 2 months ago #78812 by Miltiadis bouchalakis
Replied by Miltiadis bouchalakis on topic K2 Front page items
Something like this is possible with k2 but you will have to hack the template files.Are you familiar on how to create a template and assign it?

Nesteman said:Hy. It`s my first time working with K2; I am using Grid2 template from JoomlaBamboo and I don`t understand how to display my content on the front page like in the demo ( demo.joomlabamboo.com/ ). Please help me! PS: even this way is a geate component

More
13 years 3 months ago #78813 by Rx Greenthumb
Replied by Rx Greenthumb on topic K2 Front page items
Once you get use to the Tools module, you'll have a field day. I create multiple copies of it to make all sorts of little sub-modules to stick in Wherever I want to.

Also, check out the folks at NoNumber www.nonumber.nl/extensions/advancedmodulemanager they have some excellent admin stuff that will help you in your management. For instance the link provided is for their Advanced Menu Manager Module... it is AWESOME! I also use their Tabber and Slider a lot as well.

With Adv Mod Mgr I can turn off the Category Module from the Main page when I go to a Category Selection from a menu for instance, and turn on a specific Category Module for that Category, which I display in my right area of the page. Both Category Modules are copies of the K2-Tools Module, configured to be a pull down menu when displayed. So on the Main Page you get the full site and all sub-categories listed in the pull down menu. When you go to the sub-category menu selection, you get the Categories from that Main Category and below showing up in the pull down only. Play with it, it's easy.

Again can't say enough about the folks at NoNumber, they have saved me countless manhours with their tools. One I really like is Sourcerer, it puts in a nice clean button at the bottom of your editor that places a source code tag in the article, and pops up a window that lets you cut and paste your php code, save and BAM! job done, custom php module created, now place it where you want on the site with Module Manager. Nice!

RX