Keyword

I stop using K2 because....

• kiril Hristov Yovev
  • kiril Hristov Yovev's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #79857 by kiril Hristov Yovev
I stop using K2 because.... was created by kiril Hristov Yovev
I really like K2,but i stopped it because the search isn't working well. Look at this example :I have article ( in k2)  with title                         "Community"    and  text                                        "Here is the community section on this website."When i type in the seach field      " community"  it finds the article   but if i type  "comm"     or    "unity" no results are available.If i create article  in Joomla with the same title and text and i try the same things results are available.I can't understund why K2 is finding only the FULL WORDS and not parts of them.Like you saw, you can find    "tomatos"   if you type the full word, but no results are available if you type "toma"   or   "atos"   or    "matos"   or   "omatos"  or "tomato".  My feature request is to fix this. An other feature request is to "export content " from k2 into joomla. Now i created more than 70 articles and i want to move them into joomla again,because of the search.And now i have to copy all the content......I am waiting for your answer.Best regards, KirilMy website   Sorry for my bad english...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79858 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic I stop using K2 because....
Are you using Joomla's search module or the K2 search option in mod_k2_tools ??

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
14 years 6 months ago #79859 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic I stop using K2 because....
First i was using joomla's seach module. AFter that i tried k2_tools and no results after all. I have installed rockettheme's ajax search and it finds some of the results,but only the full words,like the example with the "tomatos". I was other pople with similar problem. The search in 2.1 was working very well. When are you going to release 2.3 and is there improvments for the search ?

An other problem with the titles-even the k2_tools can't find the title if several articles have the same title.

I saw that other people in the community have problem with the search.

Best regards, Kiril Yovev

More
14 years 6 months ago #79860 by JoomlaWorks
Replied by JoomlaWorks on topic I stop using K2 because....
Prefer to use the Joomla! mod_search default search module. ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
14 years 6 months ago #79861 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Are you going to fix this on the 2.3 release or on later release

JoomlaWorks said:Prefer to use the Joomla! mod_search default search module. ;)

More
14 years 6 months ago #79862 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic I stop using K2 because....
Hi. This is not a bug. This how it was designed to work. Currently if you type the word comm then you will get only reslults containing the word comm. Not results starting with the word comm. However we will take your suggestion under serious consideration. Thank you for your feedback.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
14 years 6 months ago #79863 by kiril Hristov Yovev
This should be done. Because if i have article,named "cars" and the user type in the search field only the word "car" he won't receive results.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. This is not a bug. This how it was designed to work. Currently if you type the word comm then you will get only reslults containing the word comm. Not results starting with the word comm. However we will take your suggestion under serious consideration. Thank you for your feedback.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79864 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic I stop using K2 because....
Hi Kiril,

There are plenty of users reporting problems with K2 search, but maybe more that report it is working, this is a combination of how the Joomla environment is used, per site.

Do you have a link to the site which is causing this issue as I would like to personally take a look for you.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

• kiril Hristov Yovev
More
14 years 6 months ago #79865 by kiril Hristov Yovev
razberi.info/za-nas This is a fresh instalation of k2. I installed it 15 minutes ago. There is only one article. The k2 tools_search is on the right-bottom of the page. Now i don't receive any results. I have cleared the cache and there arren't results. This is why i stopped k2-because of the search.

K2Joom said:Hi Kiril,
There are plenty of users reporting problems with K2 search, but maybe more that report it is working, this is a combination of how the Joomla environment is used, per site.

Do you have a link to the site which is causing this issue as I would like to personally take a look for you.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

More
14 years 6 months ago #79866 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic I stop using K2 because....
OK, I can help you if you wish, to get search working on your site.
If you would like me to take a look, then I would need to access your Admin to make some changes and possabiliy get ftp access.

I have added you as a friend on here, so if you are interested, send me a private message so we can resolve this.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

kiril Hristov Yovev said:http://razberi.info/za-nas This is a fresh instalation of k2. I installed it 15 minutes ago. There is only one article. The k2 tools_search is on the right-bottom of the page. Now i don't receive any results. I have cleared the cache and there arren't results. This is why i stopped k2-because of the search.
K2Joom said:Hi Kiril, There are plenty of users reporting problems with K2 search, but maybe more that report it is working, this is a combination of how the Joomla environment is used, per site.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com