Keyword

I stop using K2 because....

• kiril Hristov Yovev
  • kiril Hristov Yovev's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #79867 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic I stop using K2 because....
Sorry,but i can't just give you my passwords. I can't what you can change from my admin panel. There are not settings for the search,except for the google integration...

K2Joom said:OK, I can help you if you wish, to get search working on your site. If you would like me to take a look, then I would need to access your Admin to make some changes and possabiliy get ftp access.

I have added you as a friend on here, so if you are interested, send me a private message so we can resolve this.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

kiril Hristov Yovev said:http://razberi.info/za-nas This is a fresh instalation of k2. I installed it 15 minutes ago. There is only one article. The k2 tools_search is on the right-bottom of the page. Now i don't receive any results. I have cleared the cache and there arren't results. This is why i stopped k2-because of the search. K2Joom said:Hi Kiril, There are plenty of users reporting problems with K2 search, but maybe more that report it is working, this is a combination of how the Joomla environment is used, per site.
Do you have a link to the site which is causing this issue as I would like to personally take a look for you.

Regards,

Simon
K2Joom.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79868 by Simon Wells
Replied by Simon Wells on topic I stop using K2 because....
I understand, but it does mean there is no way to provide further support without accessing your data.

Sorry, nothing more I can do to assist you.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

More
14 years 6 months ago #79869 by jsolis
Replied by jsolis on topic I stop using K2 because....
Hi K2Joom:

Maybe you can give me a hint here. I have 2 problems with k2 search : How can I restrict the search to a particular category and how do I sort the results alphabetically, because it always displays it reverse alphabetical.

K2Joom said:I understand, but it does mean there is no way to provide further support without accessing your data.
Sorry, nothing more I can do to assist you.

Regards,

K2Joom.com

More
14 years 6 months ago #79870 by Simon Wells
Have you read this?If not, let me know if it helps.

Regards,

Simon

K2Joom.com

More
14 years 6 months ago #79871 by Simon Wells
Thats good news.

The link provided has an explanation on how to remove the remaining tick boxes.
This is how our search is displayed on k2joom.com, which still needs some formatting.

Simon

Mike Johnson said:My 'System - K2' plugin was disabled. I re-enabled that and the items look normal again. I'm not sure if I did that accidentally when turning off and on the 'Search - K2' plugin or not. Searches still don't work. But, disabling the 'Search - K2' plugin has removed the 'Search only: K2' check box from what I'd call the advanced search fields. At some point I'd like to remove the rest of those Search only: options but that answer is likely found in another post.
Still looking for that magic search fix. With out that, my site is worthless.

Mike Johnson said:I just tried disabling the 'Search - K2' plugin. Didn't seem to help. It actually screwed up how my items are displayed now. Again, you could check www.ways2reuse.com to see what I mean. Feels like I'm digging my hole deeper. Modules, Extensions, Plugins, not to mention all the levels of categorization for K2 items. I know I'm no web developer, but I am fairly fluent in IT. I thought Joomla was supposed to have one of the easiest learning curves for even novices.
Do I need to install the RoxAjaxSearch now? I was really hoping to keep things as simple as possible.

Now I've got one more forum to dig through. That K2Joom.com site does looks pretty good.

K2Joom said:Have you read this?If not, let me know if it helps. Regards,
Simon

K2Joom.com

• Orange Open Solution Alessandro Giuliano
  • Orange Open Solution Alessandro Giuliano's Avatar
More
14 years 6 months ago #79872 by Orange Open Solution Alessandro Giuliano
Replied by Orange Open Solution Alessandro Giuliano on topic I stop using K2 because....
i have the same problem but i substitute the file plugin search whit k2.php version 2.1 and work fine.
search using the plugin for version 2.1 the research on the item is performed correctly.

to disable the search ceckbox joomla just go about managing and disabling plugins:
Search - Categories
Search - Sections
Search - Content

sorry but the English machine translation

• kiril Hristov Yovev
  • kiril Hristov Yovev's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 6 months ago #79873 by kiril Hristov Yovev
Replied by kiril Hristov Yovev on topic I stop using K2 because....
I think that the k2 developers should improve the search plugin.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79874 by d.k.shukla
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic I stop using K2 because....
Hi
K2 Ver 2.2 search plug in is not working in full text search but using ver 2.1 file with ver 2.2 is working fine without any problem. In ver 2.2 there is google search integration built in,
If you want to check working website with k2 search , please visit fermaxindia.com and disvu.net
I will hope that developer will find better search solution in next release.
With best wishes
D.K.Shukla

kiril Hristov Yovev said:I think that the k2 developers should improve the search plugin.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79875 by d.k.shukla
Replied by d.k.shukla on topic I stop using K2 because....
Hi Mike
Please refer other thread to get information. Please herewith find a old version (K2 ver 2.1) of search plug in file.
Please replace this file in your plugins/plg_k2_search directory and remove current k2.php file.
Please do the plug in settings as usual.
To enable google search please enable it in k2 global parameter settings. I will hope it will work for you.

Mike Johnson said:I like that site, fermaxindia.com. Looks good. I'm using K2 v2.2. How would I get that integrated google search working. Right now, I'll take whatever search that I can get to work and is most functional. A couple of the replies mention using different file versions. I'm not familiar w/ how that is done. Could someone explain?

d.k.shukla said:Hi K2 Ver 2.2 search plug in is not working in full text search but using ver 2.1 file with ver 2.2 is working fine without any problem. In ver 2.2 there is google search integration built in, If you want to check working website with k2 search , please visit fermaxindia.com and disvu.net
I will hope that developer will find better search solution in next release.
With best wishes
D.K.Shukla

kiril Hristov Yovev said:I think that the k2 developers should improve the search plugin.

More
14 years 6 months ago #79876 by Chris Walker
Replied by Chris Walker on topic I stop using K2 because....
Mike,

This really doesn't have much to do with your present problem, but since you mentioned it...

I develop sites live because my client is 8,000 miles away and we develop over the phone live because it is faster than emailing back and forth. I have a little trick I accidentally learned from some Turkish "hackers", as they call themselves. Simply put an index.html page in your root directory with some text about your site being under construction. In the head put code from this url:

www.robotstxt.org/meta.html

Sorry I can't post the code in this forum

This should keep the robots out, the honest ones anyways. After you create this page, when someone goes to your URL of your site they will see this page because browsers search for index.html before index.php

In your menu put a temporary "home" item with an external UIRL of your domain name / index.php In your case it would be www.ways2reuse.com/index.php This way you can play around on your site without being indexed. when you are ready to go live, simply delete the index.html file and the temporary menu item and you are good to go!