Keyword

Sort, group and search by extra fields

More
13 years 5 months ago #80061 by Claes Norin
Replied by Claes Norin on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
Hmm, so I can't show items that are connected via Extra Field .. ?! Isn't that really one major thing with Extra Fields?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 5 months ago #80062 by Claes Norin
This should be an option when creating a new menu. Link to Extra Field

Simon Olsen said:
I think Sergey wants what I want!
I have Category A, Item 1, 2 and 3, as well as Category 2, Item 4, 5 and 6.

Items 2 and 5 have an Extra Field of X (whether that be a drop down or radio button, it must be either X or Y).

I want to be able to bring up a list of everything in X (currently Item 2 and Item 5) and order them according to X.

I also want to be able to create a Menu Item to display everything in Extra Field X.

Can anyone do this for us?

More
13 years 4 months ago #80063 by Luis C Escajeda
Replied by Luis C Escajeda on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
i need menut linked to exta field

More
13 years 4 months ago #80064 by Greg P
Replied by Greg P on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
I wish it was just a day or two....i just spent 2 WEEKS building everything else, "assuming" I'd get to the sorting later.........guess K2 is for amateurs, anyone with more than a dozen content items is simply out of luck

Jana Fedele said:
Thanks for the confirmation that I have just wasted a day or two. Now, if I could only find the plug-in to do what I want!

William White said:
K2 sorts by several things just like Joomla....it uses most recent, alph by title, oldest first, etc etc when you pick sort orders. Extra fields are for adding all sorts of additonal info like Address, City, State, and when the title is say Last, First and you sort it by title alph you may get a pretty good listing. Things are also sorta sorted..by categories and subcategories and have an order under each - but you are correct, exta fields are not used in the sort as far as i have seen Jana Fedele said:
seriously? You put in all these fields and you can't use them to make pages sorted by the fields? What is the point? What good is K2 you can't USE the dang data???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

More
13 years 4 months ago #80065 by Claes Norin
Is there perhaps an update on the way that might add this features?

More
13 years 4 months ago #80066 by Andrea Vigato
Replied by Andrea Vigato on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
i use jxFinder that have a basic search with K2 Extra Fields and Categories, then you could improve it by adding some extra code. 

K2 is a very great component (the best solution for me), you just have to know what you are doing :) 

More
13 years 4 months ago #80067 by Singh Rajesh Ram
Replied by Singh Rajesh Ram on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
Hmmm...   Ive spent quite ab it of time trying to learn how k2 works.. and at first site it looks good....

I've tried CCK extensions like Fabrik and Jseblod  

I'm slightly dissapointed about k2's sorting option... It looked good at first, but just to give you an example of what troubles i have been facing... k2 recently came out with Kmart and it has Kstore...

These are based on k2 items and categories.... I thought wow cool... it should be better than Virtuemart....

Using Virtuemart, you can create menus and specify which categories of products to show. All of this listing has a small filter feature at the top that allows user to sort by date, product etc.

After setting up k2, kmart, kstore and figuring out the layout. I had this feature request from my client which is a MUST is the user should be able to sort by certain fields....Because of this now i am stuck.     I'm back to the drawing board. Might as well i just use Virtuemart right?  k2 has to have some advantages for us to use it otherwise it seems too much of a hassle to integrate with virtuemart, caue in the end the result does not have certain "must haves"Creating Menus..> When i create a menu item..   normally i can choose Articles and sort them by anyway i want with the parameter options (By date, order, alphabetical, etc)For k2, if i choose a k2 item, there is no option there for me to set the sorting. Even with jseblod manage to come up with a directory system with very nice sorting. Isnt that the point of using a system like k2?

More
13 years 4 months ago #80068 by Singh Rajesh Ram
I would like to say,  one more thing...

I think k2 is fantastic.. really done a good job with it... and plus its free...

But i hope this gives feedback for the team developing to take alook at these points and hopefully make this better... For the time being i will not use this, and rely on virtuemart but i believe it has a huge potential and will be on my watchlist... :D

More
13 years 4 months ago #80069 by Andrea Vigato
Replied by Andrea Vigato on topic Sort, group and search by extra fields
I think you've choosed the wrong component.

I've made a pure ecommerce using Virtuemart, was sure more simply than using K2 with KMart & KStore (also if virtuemart it's very buggy).

I'm actually using K2 to create a private ads site (similar to kijiji) and it's the best solution, i'll use k2mart for paying ads.

I'dont have understand what's your problem, anyway if you're looking for sorting items in a category just modify the sql with an ORDER param.

rajesh said:

Hmmm...   Ive spent quite ab it of time trying to learn how k2 works.. and at first site it looks good....

I've tried CCK extensions like Fabrik and Jseblod  

I'm slightly dissapointed about k2's sorting option... It looked good at first, but just to give you an example of what troubles i have been facing... k2 recently came out with Kmart and it has Kstore...

These are based on k2 items and categories.... I thought wow cool... it should be better than Virtuemart....

Using Virtuemart, you can create menus and specify which categories of products to show. All of this listing has a small filter feature at the top that allows user to sort by date, product etc.

After setting up k2, kmart, kstore and figuring out the layout. I had this feature request from my client which is a MUST is the user should be able to sort by certain fields....Because of this now i am stuck.     I'm back to the drawing board. Might as well i just use Virtuemart right?  k2 has to have some advantages for us to use it otherwise it seems too much of a hassle to integrate with virtuemart, caue in the end the result does not have certain "must haves"Creating Menus..> When i create a menu item..   normally i can choose Articles and sort them by anyway i want with the parameter options (By date, order, alphabetical, etc)For k2, if i choose a k2 item, there is no option there for me to set the sorting. Even with jseblod manage to come up with a directory system with very nice sorting. Isnt that the point of using a system like k2?

More
13 years 4 months ago #80070 by Singh Rajesh Ram
Thanks, yea definitely i think this was meant for something else... not really a shopping cart solution