Keyword

K2 - Cancel 'add new item' from frontend

More
14 years 4 months ago #80095 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 - Cancel 'add new item' from frontend
Searching 2.3svn in com_k2 i find the word cancel is two files as follows - /views/items/tmpl/default.php and item.php (this may be what your looking for)

# find . |xargs grep Cancel

scyllar said:Hi Simon, where can we find the code to manually correct this before v2.3 is installed on live site?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #80096 by Antonia Waren
Replied by Antonia Waren on topic K2 - Cancel 'add new item' from frontend
I downloaded K2_v2.3_SVN_20100412.zip from JoomlaWorks, used Extensions > Install/Uninstall and uploaded the the zip file. I was still unable to cancel items while editing in the frontend. Is there something else that I need to do?

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:@Mike This is a known bug. I have tested and reported this, it is fixed and working in the V2.3svn (beta only)

Simon
K2 Support

More
14 years 3 months ago #80097 by Victor Stan
Replied by Victor Stan on topic K2 - Cancel 'add new item' from frontend
How did this issue make it into the release? I figure this is a pretty major bug, not being able to close the content add/edit window?

I'm eagerly awaiting a fix release, if only to fix this problem...

More
14 years 3 months ago #80098 by Santana Moll
Replied by Santana Moll on topic K2 - Cancel 'add new item' from frontend
Helleo, some directions or a tutorial on what and how to edit this front end add article page would be helpfull. I'm looking at this file components/com_k2/views/item/tmpl/default.php, is this the file I see when adding a article/item in the front end.

Also I read some where else that it maybe has to do with the JToolBarHelper file not being available for the front end, see this article docs.joomla.org/How_to_create_a_custom_button

Greetings from Santana

Victor Stan said:How did this issue make it into the release? I figure this is a pretty major bug, not being able to close the content add/edit window?
I'm eagerly awaiting a fix release, if only to fix this problem...

More
14 years 2 months ago #80099 by René Morissette
Replied by René Morissette on topic K2 - Cancel 'add new item' from frontend
Same problem with the cancel button. The editor is not in a popup window so it can't be close after saving. I get the 2.3 K2 version.

More
14 years 2 months ago #80100 by Antonia Waren
Hi Rene did v2.3 actually fix this problem. I am still having issues after upgrading to 2.3.
Thanks

René Morissette said:Same problem with the cancel button. The editor is not in a popup window so it can't be close after saving. I get the 2.3 K2 version.

More
14 years 2 months ago #80101 by Antonia Waren
The only time that the add new item comes up using the cool lightbox feature and the cancel button works is when I click 'My account' in the K2 Login module and from there use the 'Add new item' link; again, located in the K2 login module.
If I click 'My page' link under the K2 login then click 'Add new item' within that same K2 Login module or even use 'Post a new item' in the page that is displayed, the effect is a whole new page where the cancel button doesn't work. I am still looking for a proper solution.

Antonia Waren said:Hi Rene did v2.3 actually fix this problem. I am still having issues after upgrading to 2.3. Thanks

René Morissette said:Same problem with the cancel button. The editor is not in a popup window so it can't be close after saving. I get the 2.3 K2 version.

More
14 years 2 months ago #80102 by Antonia Waren
I'm using Firebug 1.5.4 as someone had suggested in a previous post. I was able to see that when the 'My Page' link from the K2 Login was clicked and the page loaded , there was an error on line 13

line 13: $('comment-form').addEvent('submit', function(e){

the error is $('comment-form').addEvent is not a function
from here, the cancel button nor the light box effect works

When 'My account' link is clicked there is no error and from this page the cancel button and light box effect works
Still looking for a solution

Antonia Waren said:The only time that the add new item comes up using the cool lightbox feature and the cancel button works is when I click 'My account' in the K2 Login module and from there use the 'Add new item' link; again, located in the K2 login module. If I click 'My page' link under the K2 login then click 'Add new item' within that same K2 Login module or even use 'Post a new item' in the page that is displayed, the effect is a whole new page where the cancel button doesn't work. I am still looking for a proper solution.

Antonia Waren said:Hi Rene did v2.3 actually fix this problem. I am still having issues after upgrading to 2.3. Thanks

More
14 years 2 months ago #80103 by Jasper Newton
Replied by Jasper Newton on topic K2 - Cancel 'add new item' from frontend
Is anybody able to answer this problem? I'm having the same problem on all my K2 sites. When i click "add new item" from login module, It opens a new window which you cannot see the top and bottom of. I fill the details out on the form and click save (Big button next to cancel) and nothing happens. The page refreshes and the form is reset. This gives the impression that it has not saved the item. Clicking cancel infact shows it has saved the item but the window will not close by pressing save. This cannot be a good thing. I have installed latest version of k2 (2.3) and still have the same problem. If anybody knows a solution, it would be most welcomed. My site (The drawing board) is www.tdb.frenchholidayweb.com if anybody wants to give it a go to see what I mean.

Thanks in advance.
Jasper

More
14 years 2 months ago #80104 by Jiliko.net
Replied by Jiliko.net on topic K2 - Cancel 'add new item' from frontend
Hi Jasper,

I've tested on a k2 V2.2, V2.3 and no problem on 'cancel button'.

Could you give me access to your website to test it ?

Olivier

Jasper Newton said:Is anybody able to answer this problem? I'm having the same problem on all my K2 sites. When i click "add new item" from login module, It opens a new window which you cannot see the top and bottom of. I fill the details out on the form and click save (Big button next to cancel) and nothing happens. The page refreshes and the form is reset. This gives the impression that it has not saved the item. Clicking cancel infact shows it has saved the item but the window will not close by pressing save. This cannot be a good thing. I have installed latest version of k2 (2.3) and still have the same problem. If anybody knows a solution, it would be most welcomed. My site (The drawing board) is www.tdb.frenchholidayweb.com if anybody wants to give it a go to see what I mean.
Thanks in advance.
Jasper