Keyword

Printing an Item

• John R Orzell
  • John R Orzell's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #81607 by John R Orzell
Printing an Item was created by John R Orzell
Is there a way to stop/replace the site template css from the displaying in the print pop up window?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #81608 by Yiota
Replied by Yiota on topic Printing an Item
Check if on the print page you have a different body class than all other pages. If you do, use that body class to control the print page and overwrite the template's css.

It would be helpful if you could provide a link to your site.

More
14 years 5 months ago #81609 by DKcrm
Replied by DKcrm on topic Printing an Item
Hi - Can you explain more detailed how to check this?

I have the same problem on this page: interclub.dk/nyheder/klubben/item/123-krisestemning-i-inter-grund-til-bekymring-bedring-i-vente-eller-bare-prisen-for-cl-succes?
(When print is pressed, it fires up lightbox with clone of initial page)

- But on THIS page the print function works fine.... : interclub.dk/nyheder/kampreferater-og-andet/item/126-mourinho-har-sat-inter-op-til-barcelona
(When print is pressed, a printfriendly version of the article is loaded inside the lightbox)

Yiota Ziaggou said:Check if on the print page you have a different body class than all other pages. If you do, use that body class to control the print page and overwrite the template's css.
It would be helpful if you could provide a link to your site.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #81610 by Yiota
On the loaded page on the lightbox the body has a class contentpane. With this class you can control the whole page and its css. As I noticed, on the page that works fine, the page doesn't load with any of the templates' css, which means that it doesn't inherit any of your templates' css.

More
14 years 5 months ago #81611 by DKcrm
But why the difference when the articles have been created the same way?... :o)

How do I switch off the contentpane class when loading one page, when it's not loaded every time?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
14 years 5 months ago #81612 by Yiota
The print page loads the k2.css so maybe you should make the appropriate changes there for this page.

More
14 years 5 months ago #81613 by DKcrm
You're so clever... :o) - and fast!

I'll give it a try later and get back.. Thank you for now. :o)

• John R Orzell
  • John R Orzell's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 5 months ago #81614 by John R Orzell
Replied by John R Orzell on topic Printing an Item
You are absolutely correct. I just changed to CSS background to #FFF for the contentpane and it worked. Thank you very much for your suggestion.

Yiota Ziaggou said:On the loaded page on the lightbox the body has a class contentpane. With this class you can control the whole page and its css. As I noticed, on the page that works fine, the page doesn't load with any of the templates' css, which means that it doesn't inherit any of your templates' css.

More
14 years 5 months ago #81615 by DKcrm
Well, I'm very sorry to keep asking, but I can't seem to find out how to fix it...

In which file do I make the needed change? ks.css, modal.css or the default joomla template css? And what change should I make?

What's makes it more weird (to me at least) is that all k2 articles inherits their properties from the categories in which they're in - but articles within the same category seems to have this error..

Please help.... And again, I'm very sorry, but I'm not TOO experienced in locating these errors and fixing them out of my head.. :o)

More
14 years 5 months ago #81616 by Mats Arvendal
Replied by Mats Arvendal on topic Printing an Item
This was a useful discussion! A great way to customize the styles,

But I have a question connected to this matter for which I can't find any information on this forum:

If I want to change the order of the different parts or for example show the absolute path to the print copy, what PHP file may I edit?