Keyword

Printing an Item

More
13 years 10 months ago #81627 by Stephan
Replied by Stephan on topic Printing an Item
Hello,

I tried editing the body.contentpane with no success.

I am trying to edit the "print friendly page" as follow:

1) remove "writen by"
2) Remove ratings
3) Would like to add company logo to the left of the article title.

This is my first time working with K2 and not being a CSS wiz I am having a bit of trouble with the info supplied here. I am afraid I might need some syntax examples:-)

other than that K2 is amazing!
thanks in advance.
stephan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #81628 by Stephan
Replied by Stephan on topic Printing an Item
Hi, just curious if you achieved what you wanted? trying to do the same and would be great if you posted how you did it.
thanks,
stephan

Mats Arvendal said:Yeah, I may achieve most of my customizations via CSS, I have already stripped every item div that's not title, date, intro text and full text, but there are some more things I want to be able to do. Let's take an example, I want my printed page to contain this (from top to bottom):
1. A print button connected to a script to help people print without going to their browser's print tool
2. A simplfied website logo to identify the document (this may be solved via CSS)
3. An absolute path to the page (regardless of what the visitor has set in hers/his web browser print settings)
4. title
5. creation date
6. intro text
7. full text

In the template/view there's a different order, 5 comes above 4. So creation date and title will have to switch in the print. The actual website is serving both as an ordinary webstie and as an article archive where the output for the paper archive must look a certain way.

I hope you can make sense of this bewilderment.

Rgds

More
13 years 10 months ago #81629 by Mats Arvendal
Replied by Mats Arvendal on topic Printing an Item
Hi,
You reminded me of an unfinished question, although I got very good help from Yiota I was stranded and then other K2 and Joomla questions came to my attention... Hopefully I will have some time to solve this problem. I'll report back when I find the way to accomplish an adapted print feature.

Rgds