Keyword

k2 can't save, apply or cancel when in item view

• Marty Peet
  • Marty Peet's Avatar Topic Author
  • Premium Member
More
14 years 3 months ago #84040 by Marty Peet
Replied by Marty Peet on topic k2 can't save, apply or cancel when in item view
Hey ILUVFM ;-] I've run a few eCommerce sites with VirtueMart and haven't had a problem... that's just my personal experience with it. I know that there are a lot of people out there who hate the thing, but like I said, I have never had a problem with it. Currently running one at shop.sin-iqual.com, can't remember the template, I think it's one of the Rok ones but it was specifically built for VirtueMart. Possibly why I've had very few problems with it?

antifmradio said:ok well. im still in the same boat here i would REALLY like to find at least ONE e-commerce store component that works in J!
and to this date i have tried 7
not one of them are working

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #84041 by John Phan
Replied by John Phan on topic k2 can't save, apply or cancel when in item view
If you have problem item with k2 photo gallery this thread could be helpful. I don't know my case match with anybody but i figure out my solution work perfectly. This is my disciple.

1.problem:

both front end + back end save/cancel/apply freeze. Check with Firefox and IE and saw some conflict between k2.js(front end) and k2.mootool.js(back end) with native mootool.js

2.solution:

after hours pull my hair and google search didn't work. I focus on each item. Most of items with photo gallery had problem so properly issue come from

JoomlaWorks "Simple Image Gallery PRO" Plugin v2.0 for Joomla
I was right. I tried to switch "Popup engine for image galleries" option to a new one (my working is Slim Box - power by Mootool). After saving the setting i roll back and check. Work perfectly. Both front end + back end all button work again like just installed K2.

I hope my experience will help some developer like me.Good luck.

John.

More
13 years 5 months ago #84042 by Kosa
My problem seems to fit yours, but this solution didn't work for me. I have k2, and Simple Image Gallery PRO, I tried changing popup engine but it still doesn't work. I already uninstalled/instelled k2 and simpe Image Gallery but it didn't work. I'm was about to manually delete k2 file and tables on the DB, but Image GalleryPro doesn't seem to have any.   any other suggestion befre that?

The problem started when image gallery stoped working on the front end an I installed Simple Image Gallery (not pro) to test it, but after uninstalling it k2 show this problem

Thanks in advance.

John Phan said:

If you have problem item with k2 photo gallery this thread could be helpful. I don't know my case match with anybody but i figure out my solution work perfectly. This is my disciple.

1.problem:

both front end + back end save/cancel/apply freeze. Check with Firefox and IE and saw some conflict between k2.js(front end) and k2.mootool.js(back end) with native mootool.js

2.solution:

after hours pull my hair and google search didn't work. I focus on each item. Most of items with photo gallery had problem so properly issue come from

I was right. I tried to switch "Popup engine for image galleries" option to a new one (my working is Slim Box - power by Mootool). After saving the setting i roll back and check. Work perfectly. Both front end + back end all button work again like just installed K2.

John.

More
13 years 5 months ago #84043 by Kosa
I forgot to mention I already uninstalled Simple Image Gallery Pro plugin but I still have the same problem, even after uninstalling and reinstalling K2. :(

Kosa said:
My problem seems to fit yours, but this solution didn't work for me. I have k2, and Simple Image Gallery PRO, I tried changing popup engine but it still doesn't work. I already uninstalled/instelled k2 and simpe Image Gallery but it didn't work. I'm was about to manually delete k2 file and tables on the DB, but Image GalleryPro doesn't seem to have any.   any other suggestion befre that?

The problem started when image gallery stoped working on the front end an I installed Simple Image Gallery (not pro) to test it, but after uninstalling it k2 show this problem

Thanks in advance.

More
13 years 5 months ago #84044 by Kosa
At the end, I deactivate the " button RokCandy" pluing and it worked again.

Hope it helps someone, hope no one need this help.

Kosa

Kosa said:

Thanks in advance.

John Phan said:

1.problem:

2.solution:

John.

More
13 years 4 months ago #84045 by patrick harris
Replied by patrick harris on topic k2 can't save, apply or cancel when in item view
I had a similar issue and found it had something to do with my admin template... If you are using something other than the default, try switching back. Its worth a shot...