Keyword

I bought the plugin Simple Image Gallery PRO, paid, installed for use with the K2 and does not work.

• Felice Preziosi
  • Felice Preziosi's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #84652 by Felice Preziosi
Simon
Sorry, I could not edit the post.
The correct name is Locaweb - not Powerball

Felice Preziosi said:Simon,
I have great respect for the work of K2 and use it on three sites. I intend to use it in others.
But ...
The plugin works well out of K2.
It does not work with the K2.
Who recommended the acquisition was K2.
Other people had the same problem I have been advised to seek solution in the K2.
My web host is Powerball (www.locaweb.com.br). Yes is a shared server and i can not Shange php.ini.
What kind of changes should be made in php.ini?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #84653 by igZ Magazine
Hy Felice,

i have been battling this problem since a while. From all the advice mentioned above there is one crucial point not mentioned, which let me finally fix the same issue on my end. When you create the archive that you will upload in the K2 function for image galleries you do the following thing which is absolutely important:

you DONT zip a folder with the pictures in it -> you highlight the pictures that you wish to upload and right click to compress (mac) or zip (windows). The result out of that will always be a archive called "archive".

Then upload via the K2 item and the server will know whats going on. Again, not compressing a folder with pictures in it, compress pictures by themselves to create a "archive". I really hope this could help you. I am sure that the error message was related to your server not being able look into the archived folder and therefore gave you that message.

Tom

• Felice Preziosi
More
13 years 8 months ago #84654 by Felice Preziosi
Tom, Thank you for your attention. My only regret is that Simon has not taken the same initiative as you. He just ignored my pleas. Just as everyone in my relationship, we took K2 for all sites. I will install a joomla and K2 with the plugin and follow their instructions. If I am successful will put your suggestion in the blogs of which I participate Thanks again.igZ Magazine said:
Hy Felice,

i have been battling this problem since a while. From all the advice mentioned above there is one crucial point not mentioned, which let me finally fix the same issue on my end. When you create the archive that you will upload in the K2 function for image galleries you do the following thing which is absolutely important:

you DONT zip a folder with the pictures in it -> you highlight the pictures that you wish to upload and right click to compress (mac) or zip (windows). The result out of that will always be a archive called "archive".

Then upload via the K2 item and the server will know whats going on. Again, not compressing a folder with pictures in it, compress pictures by themselves to create a "archive". I really hope this could help you. I am sure that the error message was related to your server not being able look into the archived folder and therefore gave you that message.

Tom

More
13 years 8 months ago #84655 by igZ Magazine
Hello again,

yes i have expirienced the same thing inside K2 forums. Its probably because they have to little personel to handle all the requests and questions. I have myself unresolved issues inside my sites. One of them is that i cant still find a way to size the attached video in a article. I like the "youtube" linked videos to show as 640x480 full size inside the article. Whatever i have done in the general K2 parameters or in the K2 category parameters didnt change the fact that the embedded videos in my articles in the from K2 for videos predetermined spot, show as small 320x180 box. 

Countless questions remain unanswered :( so it is really up to us to figure these things out. I might have to go all the way into the css files to handle this problem.

Good luck with the SIG and hit me up if there is anytything else i can help you with.

Best,

Thomas

More
13 years 8 months ago #84656 by william white
@felice Sorry your having such troubles with sig. There are literally hundreds of posts here about it. Everything you do depends a lot on the environment and permissions which a site is running on. Many of us try to help, but are sometimes unsuccessfull. If you are still haveing problems and you will contact me directly thru the friend mail here i will try to help when time permits.

@ Igz You an resize the videos by overriding the allvideo component. I have done that and can show you how if you contact me. Problem i havent solved , and am still working on is when you override the settings if follows to both the category view and the item view. im sure this can be solved, but will that a bit of time. igZ Magazine said:

Hello again,

yes i have expirienced the same thing inside K2 forums. Its probably because they have to little personel to handle all the requests and questions. I have myself unresolved issues inside my sites. One of them is that i cant still find a way to size the attached video in a article. I like the "youtube" linked videos to show as 640x480 full size inside the article. Whatever i have done in the general K2 parameters or in the K2 category parameters didnt change the fact that the embedded videos in my articles in the from K2 for videos predetermined spot, show as small 320x180 box. 

Countless questions remain unanswered :( so it is really up to us to figure these things out. I might have to go all the way into the css files to handle this problem.

Good luck with the SIG and hit me up if there is anytything else i can help you with.

Best,

Thomas

• Felice Preziosi
More
13 years 8 months ago #84657 by Felice Preziosi
William and Tom The kindness and attention you deserve applause. I often say that the best way not to have friction with clients is be honest and expose the difficulties, especially in matters of this nature. William, Let me suggest the dissemination of these little bugs and their solutions. As you know, not all people have the patience to search the forum. As a marketing professional (30 years) can tell you that the disclosure will not prejudice the product, quite the contrary, greatly increases the confidence in the company. After all, everyone knows no one and nothing is perfect. But promotion of errors and solutions is being close to perfection. Again thank you, William and TomFelice

William White said:

@felice Sorry your having such troubles with sig. There are literally hundreds of posts here about it. Everything you do depends a lot on the environment and permissions which a site is running on. Many of us try to help, but are sometimes unsuccessfull. If you are still haveing problems and you will contact me directly thru the friend mail here i will try to help when time permits.

@ Igz You an resize the videos by overriding the allvideo component. I have done that and can show you how if you contact me. Problem i havent solved , and am still working on is when you override the settings if follows to both the category view and the item view. im sure this can be solved, but will that a bit of time. igZ Magazine said:

Hello again,

Best,

Thomas

More
13 years 8 months ago #84658 by william white
@felice, Thanks for your comments. I dont disagree with them. Just a side note, I am not affiliated with joomlaworks in any way except i like K2 and use it for most all of my projects along with templates, extensions, and plugins created by some of the great people here. I have learned a lot in a short period of time.

• Felice Preziosi
More
13 years 8 months ago #84659 by Felice Preziosi
@william, I apologize for my mistake. But your acceptance of and experience makes me believe that the suggestion is correct and K2 needs to improve, despite having an excellent product.William White said:
@felice, Thanks for your comments. I dont disagree with them. Just a side note, I am not affiliated with joomlaworks in any way except i like K2 and use it for most all of my projects along with templates, extensions, and plugins created by some of the great people here. I have learned a lot in a short period of time.