Keyword

Remove "My page", "My account" & "Moderate comments to my published items" from login

• Alex Ragozzino
  • Alex Ragozzino's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 3 months ago #85632 by Alex Ragozzino
I want to set up a user to simply have access to a registered article/item and/or link.  Is there any way to set up a user like that?Ideally when they login the only option they have is to logout.  I though I can do under user group to create a profile, but no such luck.Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 3 months ago #85633 by zeeshan masud
I am also interested to remove moderate comments to my publish item from my website because after moderating there is no option to close the popup window please any one can tell me about closing this popup window.

Otherwise tell me method how i can remove it from my user page like joomla provide feature in user menu to remove options .Anyone help me plz.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85634 by Simon Wells
@Zeeshan, which version of K2 are you using?
This was a bug, which was fixed several months ago and is no longer an issue.
Check your main K2 parameters.

@Alex. You need to create a K2 User Group, in there, you will be able to set what permission users have.
Then assign user to that group.
You can also make that the default group that new registrations are set to as well.

Simon

K2 Support

• Alex Ragozzino
More
14 years 2 months ago #85635 by Alex Ragozzino
Hi Simon,

The page I was concerned about is the one after you login. I did set up a user group to disable all permissions. What I don't want is the user to be able to see any other link, i.e.
* My page
* My account
* Moderate comments to my published items

Essentially what I'm trying to set up is a user with no privileges (other than access to registered articles) as it's been set up as a shared user name for more than one person to have access to. As a result I do not want want them to be able to change passwords or email addresses. The moderate comments link is also redundant if the user has no authoring privileges.

If this is not possible (as I can do this with joomla's permission settings) is it possible to have two login modules (one for K2 and other for joomla's built in login?

Thanks,
Alex

More
14 years 2 months ago #85636 by Jeff Swope
All I wanted was the moderate comments off. Here's how i did it, but you could do the same for the rest.

/modules/mod_k2_login/tmpl/userblock.php and go to lines 47-49 and remove the bullet points and everything in between.

Alex said:Hi Simon,
The page I was concerned about is the one after you login. I did set up a user group to disable all permissions. What I don't want is the user to be able to see any other link, i.e.
* My page
* My account
* Moderate comments to my published items

Essentially what I'm trying to set up is a user with no privileges (other than access to registered articles) as it's been set up as a shared user name for more than one person to have access to. As a result I do not want want them to be able to change passwords or email addresses. The moderate comments link is also redundant if the user has no authoring privileges.

If this is not possible (as I can do this with joomla's permission settings) is it possible to have two login modules (one for K2 and other for joomla's built in login?

Thanks,
Alex

• Alex Ragozzino
More
14 years 2 months ago #85637 by Alex Ragozzino
Seems to have worked. Only problem now is for the user that does have author/edit privileges that should have access to those links. What really needs to happen is the ability to set up user group that would deactivate the "My page", "My account" and "Moderate comments to my published items". Unfortunately, unless I can rectify this, K2 not going to be an option for my client. :(

Jeff Swope said:All I wanted was the moderate comments off. Here's how i did it, but you could do the same for the rest. /modules/mod_k2_login/tmpl/userblock.php and go to lines 47-49 and remove the bullet points and everything in between. Alex said:Hi Simon, The page I was concerned about is the one after you login. I did set up a user group to disable all permissions. What I don't want is the user to be able to see any other link, i.e. * My page * My account * Moderate comments to my published items

Thanks,
Alex

More
14 years 2 months ago #85638 by Mircea Rusu
Hi, I'm new with k2 but basically the problem is looking like a logical bug to me:
I want the visitors to register in order to be able to comment the k2 articles but not to post an item as a registered user.
For that, i made a user group named "commenters" and i set the default user group upon registration to be "commenters"
I did check global settings for comments to "enabled to registered users only".
In back end, the "commenters" group is having the following rights:
Post comments Yes
Front-end item editing No
Add items No
Edit own items No
Edit any item No
Publish items No
So far everything looks OK!
Now the logical Bug:
after login with a new test account i have the following options:
* My page
* My account
* Moderate comments to my published items ???????? What published items? i did NOT give any rights to publish items to the "commenters" group, as a result this link is going to a blank page ( i mean a empty table)
Maybe a link to My comments will be a logical approach, even for users with item posting rights.
i have to admit that i do not have a Post new item link but it seems that you have forgotten if the user is not having the right to post items he cannot moderate items that cannot be created.

I'm using K2 v2.3

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:@Zeeshan, which version of K2 are you using? This was a bug, which was fixed several months ago and is no longer an issue. Check your main K2 parameters.
@Alex. You need to create a K2 User Group, in there, you will be able to set what permission users have.
Then assign user to that group.
You can also make that the default group that new registrations are set to as well.

Simon

K2 Support

More
14 years 2 months ago #85639 by william white
Can anyone suggest the php code for the following pseudo code to surround lines 32-50 in userblock.php
If Not $user->usergroup=="group with no rights"
endif
I think the addition of something like this would both, clean the screen when a group with no rights logged in and also display it for the rest, and not break the deafult logic.

More
14 years 2 months ago #85640 by Simon Wells
@Jeff, The suggestion is valid, but will disable those links for ALL users, so it is a part solution.
A full way would be for the code to check the users privileges first, then either display or hide the links.

@Alex, If that is the case, then it should be logged as a bug in the bug forum instead.

@William, Time permitting, I will try and reuse some other code that checks users level.

Simon
K2 Support

More
14 years 2 months ago #85641 by william white
If you email me a reference to the code that checks access and the variable that holds user category ill give it a go and see what i can do

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:@Jeff, The suggestion is valid, but will disable those links for ALL users, so it is a part solution. A full way would be for the code to check the users privileges first, then either display or hide the links.

@Alex, If that is the case, then it should be logged as a bug in the bug forum instead.

@William, Time permitting, I will try and reuse some other code that checks users level.

Simon
K2 Support