Keyword

Remove "My page", "My account" & "Moderate comments to my published items" from login

More
13 years 7 months ago #85652 by NintendoNerds
I figured out an alternative. I just removed the entire block (as shown in the attached image) from that page.

To remove the images, I replaced this:

table.toolbar span {
    display: block;
    float: none;
    height: 32px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 32px;

}

with this:
table.toolbar span {
    float: none;
    height: 32px;
    margin: 0 auto;
    width: 32px;

}

* block of code was found at line 207 in "/administrator/templates/khepri/css/general.css"

To remove the links, I replaced this:
table.toolbar a {
    border: 1px solid #FBFBFB;
    cursor: pointer;
    display: block;
    float: left;
    padding: 1px 5px;
    white-space: nowrap;

}

with this:
table.toolbar a {
    border: 1px solid #FBFBFB;
    cursor: pointer;
    display: none;

float: left;
    padding: 1px 5px;
    white-space: nowrap;

}

Now I just need to figure out how to hide certain rows in the table.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #85653 by NintendoNerds
I figured out an alternative. I just removed the entire block (as shown in the attached image) from that page.

More
13 years 7 months ago #85654 by NintendoNerds
I was about 5 minutes late when I tried editing my last post. The above changes work, HOWEVER, there are other things that use the above CSS classes so this is NOT a viable alternative. Does anyone have a better solution to my above inquiry?

More
13 years 7 months ago #85655 by Simon Wells
I would suggest that instead of modifying the core file, you create a template over ride.
This is done by placing the login and/or userblock.php into templates/YOURJOOMLATEMPALTE/html/mod_k2_login

I am not sure why your modifiyng the css for the admin template, it seems thats just a bad work around.

Simon

More
13 years 7 months ago #85656 by NintendoNerds
Thanks for the info, Simon. I'll get that changed soon.

More
13 years 7 months ago #85657 by Refrito
You are right Simon, let's do the things right, I have changed my code according to your suggestion and it's working fine. Thanks for taking the time for replying.

Simon Wells (K2 Support) said:
I would suggest that instead of modifying the core file, you create a template over ride. This is done by placing the login and/or userblock.php into templates/YOURJOOMLATEMPALTE/html/mod_k2_login

I am not sure why your modifiyng the css for the admin template, it seems thats just a bad work around.

Simon

More
11 years 11 months ago #85658 by Mary Stremmel
I've tried to hide just that one line everywhere it says "Actions" and it will not go away without hiding the whole block.

I want to keep My Page and My Account as I can not duplicate the "My Page" menu item with a Joomla menu item.

I've setup a directory and member offer for a non-profit women's chamber, I guess I will just have to live with this extra menu item under there even though commenting is completely turned off.

www.nbwcc.com/