Keyword

Category page shows included articles, I only want one to show ever.

• Geoff Davis
  • Geoff Davis's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 months ago #85768 by Geoff Davis
Hi allI had a look for this on here, and found discussion ("Leading Items only on 1st page of Category?") This discusses changing category.php and the limitstart variable.My need is not to select a special article, just either show one (don't mind which) or none at all.This does not seem to be off a menu, there are settings to show or not show introtext (which should not show the text, then you only get the title - which would also be fine).Anyone know how to do this? I prefer not to hack the php files.I assume there must be a menu for this - since it is a common request.Page is at:http://www.buildingdiy.com/article-directory/index.php/component/k2/itemlist/category/13-building-diy-construction-gardening-green-companyas you see, there are a couple of pages showing. Want one, none, or just titles.I can find limitstart in view.raw.phpBut don't want to mess everything up with newbie php hacks.Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Miltiadis bouchalakis
More
14 years 2 months ago #85769 by Miltiadis bouchalakis
If you want one you can set in the Category options 1 article as leading 0 primary count 0 secondary count but bare in mind that the article with the highest id is retrieved. else you can use k2content module and select a specific article/item

• Geoff Davis
More
14 years 2 months ago #85770 by Geoff Davis
Hi
I am fairly new.
Do you mean, select the category, then click on Parameters (top right), then choose the

Item count for Search, Tag & Date listings

option which is set in mine, to 10.

I am not sure what you mean, please explain where these Category options are set to zero, etc. What is 1 article?
Many thanks
Geoff

Miltiadis bouchalakis said:If you want one you can set in the Category options 1 article as leading 0 primary count 0 secondary count but bare in mind that the article with the highest id is retrieved. else you can use k2content module and select a specific article/item
Attachments:

• Miltiadis bouchalakis
More
14 years 2 months ago #85771 by Miltiadis bouchalakis
Just click on your category or subcategory and set the parameters. just click the category you wish to apply the parameters then set them inside the category page where you enter the category description
Attachments:

• Geoff Davis
More
14 years 2 months ago #85772 by Geoff Davis
Hi
where is that Parameter panel? My Parameter button opens a different window with different settings. Is this K2 or Joomla settings?
Main Joomla categories (which are not the ones I use) don't have parameters that I can find.

Please tell me where that panel png came from!
Many thanks
Geoff

Miltiadis bouchalakis said:Just click on your category or subcategory and set the parameters. just click the category you wish to apply the parameters then set them inside the category page where you enter the category description

• Miltiadis bouchalakis
More
14 years 2 months ago #85773 by Miltiadis bouchalakis
Go to k2->Categories and click the title of your category and you will see it on the right

Geoff Davis said:Hi where is that Parameter panel? My Parameter button opens a different window with different settings. Is this K2 or Joomla settings?
Main Joomla categories (which are not the ones I use) don't have parameters that I can find.

Many thanks
Geoff

Miltiadis bouchalakis said:Just click on your category or subcategory and set the parameters. just click the category you wish to apply the parameters then set them inside the category page where you enter the category description

• Geoff Davis
More
14 years 2 months ago #85774 by Geoff Davis
Go to k2->Categories and click the title of your category and you will see it on the right

If I click on a category name, I get a panel that has no Parameter settings. Only an Inherit setting.
Parameters is at the Categories level on top right (above where the list of different cats. are shown) and looks like the jpg attached, not like your panel. I am on 1.5.14.

I am confused as I don't have that click to get that panel you have. Inside (where write description) there is no parameter options at all.

Miltiadis bouchalakis said:Go to k2->Categories and click the title of your category and you will see it on the right
Geoff Davis said:Hi where is that Parameter panel? My Parameter button opens a different window with different settings. Is this K2 or Joomla settings? Main Joomla categories (which are not the ones I use) don't have parameters that I can find.

Many thanks
Geoff

Attachments:

• Miltiadis bouchalakis
More
14 years 2 months ago #85775 by Miltiadis bouchalakis
Check the Screenshots. First click the category/subcategory title that you want to apply the settings. then edit/change the category/subcategory parameters as seen on Screenshots. Also ensure that you are using the latest k2 version which is 2.3

FirstStep.jpg
SecondStep.JPG

• Geoff Davis
More
14 years 2 months ago #85776 by Geoff Davis
I am on K2 2.2 - also I can't see any screenshots (apart from the one of the panel)- one from the Category main page would be useful to see if it is different. Mine has a Parameters button top right, same for all.

Thanks for this great help! Much appreciated.
Geoff

Miltiadis bouchalakis said:Check the Screenshots. First click the category/subcategory title that you want to apply the settings. then edit/change the category/subcategory parameters as seen on Screenshots. Also ensure that you are using the latest k2 version which is 2.3

• Miltiadis bouchalakis
More
14 years 2 months ago #85777 by Miltiadis bouchalakis
Now can you see the Screenshots? also consider upgrading your k2 version. If you cannot do it/or follow me with the screenshots that i have upload(FirstStep.jpg,SecondStep.jpg, category_param.PNG, ) i am afraid that i cannot help you anymore...
Attachments: