Keyword

Using K2 Category view and extra fields for simple directory

• william white
  • william white's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #86507 by william white
Just a simple example of using K2 Category view and extra fields for a directory listing.See  attached zip of category.php and category_item.php to use in override directory.k2.category.xtra.table.zip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago #86508 by Tura Adam
Hi William,
I have attached the screen shot for the subcategory display page. As you can see , I didn't want "Child Category" title to be visible. Also i want to disable the subcat title links (blue ones) and make just title without links. At the bottom of the subcat description there is a link to View items. I want to disable this one too.
thanks
Attachments:

• Netzapping srl unipersonale
More
14 years 2 months ago #86509 by Netzapping srl unipersonale
Replied by Netzapping srl unipersonale on topic Using K2 Category view and extra fields for simple directory
Hi William, I'm ok near 80% :-)
I cannot see the content of the extra fields ....

This is the code that shows only an empty table:

You can see it at www.nosepol.net/

I have to show only 4 fields, so the logic that you use in the code is ok, the only problem is that I can't see any data .. :-)

Thanks
Miran

• william white
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #86510 by william white
@miran - please see pm

• Netzapping srl unipersonale
More
14 years 2 months ago #86511 by Netzapping srl unipersonale
Replied by Netzapping srl unipersonale on topic Using K2 Category view and extra fields for simple directory
I will reply in this place ... in pm I haven't find how to attach files.

Attached files in directory /travels

TNX
Miran

William White said:@miran - please see pm
Attachments:

More
14 years 2 months ago #86512 by FeSys
Wonderful..
I love your ideas and ways of solving K2 specific needs.
Thanks for sharing.

More
14 years 2 months ago #86513 by Tura Adam
Hi William,
I was hoping that you get the chance to look at my attached image and may be give me suggestions. I am trying not to make any changes to the default script. If what I am trying to do is not possible I will have to use other Joomla features as oppose to struggling with K2.
Thanks
Tura

Tura Adam said:Hi William, I have attached the screen shot for the subcategory display page. As you can see , I didn't want "Child Category" title to be visible. Also i want to disable the subcat title links (blue ones) and make just title without links. At the bottom of the subcat description there is a link to View items. I want to disable this one too.
thanks

• william white
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #86514 by william white
Please approve the friend request i sent
and send a link to the specific site if it is live

Tura Adam said:Hi William, I was hoping that you get the chance to look at my attached image and may be give me suggestions. I am trying not to make any changes to the default script. If what I am trying to do is not possible I will have to use other Joomla features as oppose to struggling with K2.
Thanks
Tura

Tura Adam said:Hi William, I have attached the screen shot for the subcategory display page. As you can see , I didn't want "Child Category" title to be visible. Also i want to disable the subcat title links (blue ones) and make just title without links. At the bottom of the subcat description there is a link to View items. I want to disable this one too. thanks

More
14 years 2 months ago #86515 by Tura Adam
Hi William,
Sorry I overlooked that email. I just approved you. By the way I found a solution to one of my problem. To remove "Children Category" header from the subcategory.

My site is not live yet but one other problem I have is to remove the link "View Items..." shown at the bottom of each child category. If you look at my screen shot in the previous post, you can see clearly what I am taking about.

William White said:Please approve the friend request i sent and send a link to the specific site if it is live

Tura Adam said:Hi William, I was hoping that you get the chance to look at my attached image and may be give me suggestions. I am trying not to make any changes to the default script. If what I am trying to do is not possible I will have to use other Joomla features as oppose to struggling with K2. Thanks
Tura

Tura Adam said:Hi William, I have attached the screen shot for the subcategory display page. As you can see , I didn't want "Child Category" title to be visible. Also i want to disable the subcat title links (blue ones) and make just title without links. At the bottom of the subcat description there is a link to View items. I want to disable this one too. thanks

• william white
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 2 months ago #86516 by william white
@Miran
Your site is using text area extra fields. This example uses only text fields and after testing i see that the text area xtra fields breaks it. Have to take another look at the default way xtra fields are formatted and output to see if they can be put into a table without "growing it"