Keyword

Using K2 Category view and extra fields for simple directory

• Netzapping srl unipersonale
More
14 years 1 month ago #86517 by Netzapping srl unipersonale
Replied by Netzapping srl unipersonale on topic Using K2 Category view and extra fields for simple directory
I have tried also to convert text area to text fields, but it don't works .... Have you found the bug ? Or it's better to me to redisign this part of the site, including only text fields ??

Thanks for your patience :-)
Miran

William White said:@Miran Your site is using text area extra fields. This example uses only text fields and after testing i see that the text area xtra fields breaks it. Have to take another look at the default way xtra fields are formatted and output to see if they can be put into a table without "growing it"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• william white
  • william white's Avatar Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
More
14 years 1 month ago #86518 by william white
plesase see pm

Miran Pecenik said:I have tried also to convert text area to text fields, but it don't works .... Have you found the bug ? Or it's better to me to redisign this part of the site, including only text fields ??
Thanks for your patience :-)
Miran

William White said:@Miran Your site is using text area extra fields. This example uses only text fields and after testing i see that the text area xtra fields breaks it. Have to take another look at the default way xtra fields are formatted and output to see if they can be put into a table without "growing it"

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #86519 by James Anderson
Gidday,

What was the solution you found to turn off "children catergory'" title you found? i am finding it rather annoying.

Cheers
James

Tura Adam said:Hi William, Sorry I overlooked that email. I just approved you. By the way I found a solution to one of my problem. To remove "Children Category" header from the subcategory.

My site is not live yet but one other problem I have is to remove the link "View Items..." shown at the bottom of each child category. If you look at my screen shot in the previous post, you can see clearly what I am taking about.

William White said:Please approve the friend request i sent and send a link to the specific site if it is live
Tura Adam said:Hi William, I was hoping that you get the chance to look at my attached image and may be give me suggestions. I am trying not to make any changes to the default script. If what I am trying to do is not possible I will have to use other Joomla features as oppose to struggling with K2. Thanks Tura

Tura Adam said:Hi William, I have attached the screen shot for the subcategory display page. As you can see , I didn't want "Child Category" title to be visible. Also i want to disable the subcat title links (blue ones) and make just title without links. At the bottom of the subcat description there is a link to View items. I want to disable this one too. thanks

• Bui Family Union - USA
More
14 years 3 weeks ago #86520 by Bui Family Union - USA
Replied by Bui Family Union - USA on topic Using K2 Category view and extra fields for simple directory
Can you please share how you got rid of the "Children Categories" heading? I am trying to do the same and I'm having a hard time finding where to make the change. Thanks!

More
11 years 8 months ago #86521 by Chris Capo
I have the same problem and also fixed it but when I updated to the new ver of K2 ii came back I also updated Joomla too.

I have changed it in the language file, template.css, category.css and it seems to be stubborn and not go away like a good category child should. Any suggestions?

www.scotchdemo.com/cmemsc

Chris

"People say the road to hell is paved with good intentions. Why? Do they think there’s a shortage of bad ones?"