• Johan Jacobs
  • Johan Jacobs's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88121 by Johan Jacobs
Show module only on menu page? was created by Johan Jacobs
I created a k2-module to show some items of Category A to show on a menu
page wich itself shows items of Category B. But when I click to view an item
of Category B seperately, it still shows the module with items of
Category A under it. How can you limit a module to show only on certain menu pages?I have "show under children" set to 'no' in the menu selection and everythign else set to all, with main option being "and".

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88122 by Wilco Wietsma
Replied by Wilco Wietsma on topic Show module only on menu page?
I also have this problem, I have a category as homepage and set modules only to the homepage but when Í go to the article itself the module still shows up, how can I change that because with every other component I don't have the problem..

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88123 by irish
Replied by irish on topic Show module only on menu page?
Are you copying the module or are you creating a new module via the joomla module manager/new tab?

I too had the same problem and now have no issues with module placement if I create new modules instead of copying and add module suffix classes to each module.

• Johan Jacobs
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88124 by Johan Jacobs
Replied by Johan Jacobs on topic Show module only on menu page?
I created new modules and they both have suffixes.

irish said:Are you copying the module or are you creating a new module via the joomla module manager/new tab?
I too had the same problem and now have no issues with module placement if I create new modules instead of copying and add module suffix classes to each module.

• Johan Jacobs
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88125 by Johan Jacobs
I'll try searching the code, but I'm fairly new to Joomla so might take some time, also busy on other projects. Strange how such an error is still in a big module like this one ...

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88126 by irish
Sorry Johan have been busy with other stuff.
I would say its not the module itself. Be sure to try and clear all joomla cache as well as your browser cache just in case.

I just want to understand this correctly: you have created a k2 content module on a joomla menu link that is already displaying k2 content "or k2 content module"?
Also when creating a module on the left hand side of the module edit page there is a menu selection to choose which menus you want the module to display in, if none are selected the module will display on all menu pages. For more advanced module placement try using the Advanced Module Manager found in the Joomla Extensions directory.

Johan Jacobs said:I'll try searching the code, but I'm fairly new to Joomla so might take some time, also busy on other projects. Strange how such an error is still in a big module like this one ...

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88127 by irish
OK after reading this again I take it you are using Advanced Module Manager if so on the "Matching Method" check the radio button (Or) instead of( And). It should only display only on Menu Item you have selected.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88128 by irish
Attached is an image of the Advanced Module Manager setup. Be sure to check the Menu Items you want the module to display in.

irish said:OK after reading this again I take it you are using Advanced Module Manager if so on the "Matching Method" check the radio button (Or) instead of( And). It should only display where you have selected.
Attachments:

• Johan Jacobs
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88129 by Johan Jacobs
I finally found the problem. Had to do with a sub-menu-page showing items from both categories but displaying 0(to get an empty page, only needed the block), this changed the url to put catA items in catB. When I changed that page's filter, it was solved, they now have proper urls.

But that still leaves the bug that the module was showing up on the subpages, cause I had done exactly what you said ...

Maybe it's just me though, I come from Drupal and it's all fairly different.

irish said:Attached is an image of the Advanced Module Manager setup. Be sure to check the Menu Items you want the module to display in.
irish said:OK after reading this again I take it you are using Advanced Module Manager if so on the "Matching Method" check the radio button (Or) instead of( And). It should only display where you have selected.

More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88130 by irish
I'm glad you found the answer and No its not just you.
I had the same issues and for the life of me cannot put my finger on exactly what it was. So I started from scratch.
On most pages that I use the k2 modules on I setup the menu links as "Front Page Blog Layout", my template allows me to turn off the front page content and with over 64 module positions its very flexible.

Coming from Drupal, interesting...just checking under the hood or a full switch?
If we somehow could combine the two cms systems I think we would have true winner. They both have excellent strong points.

Have you any experience at the Drupal CCK? I am also working on my first site to check it out and what a learning curve...

I am by far not an expert at neither of the two but am willing to bounce ideas to help troubleshoot.

Cheers!

Johan Jacobs said:I finally found the problem. Had to do with a sub-menu-page showing items from both categories but displaying 0(to get an empty page, only needed the block), this changed the url to put catA items in catB. When I changed that page's filter, it was solved, they now have proper urls.
But that still leaves the bug that the module was showing up on the subpages, cause I had done exactly what you said ...

Maybe it's just me though, I come from Drupal and it's all fairly different.

irish said:Attached is an image of the Advanced Module Manager setup. Be sure to check the Menu Items you want the module to display in. irish said:OK after reading this again I take it you are using Advanced Module Manager if so on the "Matching Method" check the radio button (Or) instead of( And). It should only display where you have selected.