Keyword

Show module only on menu page?

• Johan Jacobs
  • Johan Jacobs's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 2 weeks ago #88131 by Johan Jacobs
Replied by Johan Jacobs on topic Show module only on menu page?
Checking to see what it can do, we're basically trying to figure what we're gonna use in the future here in our company, currently using a custom CMS + Drupal, probably gonna be mostly Drupal/Joomla in the near future.

I've had alot more experience with Drupal, CCK + Views modules are always the basis for every site I create.

If you really need help just PM me your email or something.

imo we need Drupal's flexibility + easy coding style with Joomla user friendly built in backend admin panel.

irish said:I'm glad you found the answer and No its not just you. I had the same issues and for the life of me cannot put my finger on exactly what it was. So I started from scratch.
On most pages that I use the k2 modules on I setup the menu links as "Front Page Blog Layout", my template allows me to turn off the front page content and with over 64 module positions its very flexible.

Coming from Drupal, interesting...just checking under the hood or a full switch?
If we somehow could combine the two cms systems I think we would have true winner. They both have excellent strong points.

Have you any experience at the Drupal CCK? I am also working on my first site to check it out and what a learning curve...

I am by far not an expert at neither of the two but am willing to bounce ideas to help troubleshoot.

Cheers!

Johan Jacobs said:I finally found the problem. Had to do with a sub-menu-page showing items from both categories but displaying 0(to get an empty page, only needed the block), this changed the url to put catA items in catB. When I changed that page's filter, it was solved, they now have proper urls. But that still leaves the bug that the module was showing up on the subpages, cause I had done exactly what you said ...

Maybe it's just me though, I come from Drupal and it's all fairly different.

irish said:Attached is an image of the Advanced Module Manager setup. Be sure to check the Menu Items you want the module to display in. irish said:OK after reading this again I take it you are using Advanced Module Manager if so on the "Matching Method" check the radio button (Or) instead of( And). It should only display where you have selected.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Johan Jacobs
  • Johan Jacobs's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88132 by Johan Jacobs
Replied by Johan Jacobs on topic Show module only on menu page?
Oh god, I just noticed it's stll showing up on some subpages.

I'm starting to hate Joomla right now ...

More
14 years 1 week ago #88133 by irish
Replied by irish on topic Show module only on menu page?
Mornin Joan,

Hah! every day, then when finished with project, love it again. I keep a few test servers up with other cms running on them just to play with from time to time a-n-d it makes Joomla a little easier to swallow.

Johan Jacobs said:Oh god, I just noticed it's stll showing up on some subpages.
I'm starting to hate Joomla right now ...

More
13 years 10 months ago #88134 by jaw
Replied by jaw on topic Show module only on menu page?
Hi, Not sure if you guys are still checking this thread but hoping you can answer a quick question that I've seen asked a lot but have yet to see an answer for. Does this or any other module provide Drupal Views like functionality? I miss Views so much when I work in Joomla. I spend most of my time in Drupal but a very sweet non-profit asked for my help with their Joomla site so I'm trying to adjust.

BTW, Johan, have you tried the RootCandy admin theme for Drupal? I find it helps makes the admin side more user friendly and Joomla-like.

Thanks in advance if you can answer my Q. I've been searching here and over at the JED and though I've seen the question posed a few times, there's never been an answer.

Best, Jen