Keyword

K2 BNR Content module

• BNR Investment Group
  • BNR Investment Group's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 2 months ago #88168 by BNR Investment Group
Replied by BNR Investment Group on topic K2 BNR Content module
Hi Andrea, the module is designed only to display content on the page of a K2 item. Do you have the module on a K2 item page? Can you post a link to the site?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 2 months ago #88169 by Andrea
Replied by Andrea on topic K2 BNR Content module
Yes i see that it work only in item page.. :\ Brent do you know how i could show the extra field in k2_content module in the default.php page? Because i could make a new field "author" dinamic and show it over/below the introtext.. but i don't know how.. see below

extrafield1

introtext and image

extrafield2

For the extrafield1 no problem i show and i set a custum css.. but for the extrafield2 i have a problem.. :\

hope your help..

ty!

andrea

More
13 years 2 months ago #88170 by ill ferris
Replied by ill ferris on topic K2 BNR Content module
I am unable to get this module to output anything. What could I be doing wrong? The K2 Content Module works just fine I might add. Thanks for your help.

More
13 years 1 month ago #88171 by Andrea
somebody live? :)

More
13 years 1 month ago #88172 by Andrea
somebody live?

• BNR Investment Group
  • BNR Investment Group's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 1 month ago #88173 by BNR Investment Group
Replied by BNR Investment Group on topic K2 BNR Content module
@ill ferris - The module must appear on a K2 item page, that is what determines which item the module will display info for. If it does not pick up the K2 item id, then it has no way to discern what content to display, unlike the regular K2 content module where you define the content within the module itself.

@andrea - check your messages, I need an exact URL so I can see the problem.

More
13 years 1 month ago #88174 by Sam Harney
Replied by Sam Harney on topic K2 BNR Content module
Andrea the only way I believe you could do what you are asking would be to use a "Module Anywhere" style plugin for Joomla.  The problem that I believe you will run into is that if you are wanting it to work when in the Category view, then you will probably find that the K2 BNR plugin will not be able to pull the fields from the items unless you are on the actual K2 Items page... 

Andrea said:
Yes i see that it work only in item page.. :\ Brent do you know how i could show the extra field in k2_content module in the default.php page? Because i could make a new field "author" dinamic and show it over/below the introtext.. but i don't know how.. see below

extrafield1

introtext and image

extrafield2

For the extrafield1 no problem i show and i set a custum css.. but for the extrafield2 i have a problem.. :\

hope your help..

ty!

andrea

More
13 years 1 month ago #88175 by Andrea
Hi Sam, with the "Module Anywhere" i can load a module position.. i must load a extra field and it's not a module.. i need to load a extra field of K2 in deafult.php of  k2_content module in different position (where i want).. :\help me :(ty, andrea!
but with Sam said:

Andrea the only way I believe you could do what you are asking would be to use a "Module Anywhere" style plugin for Joomla.  The problem that I believe you will run into is that if you are wanting it to work when in the Category view, then you will probably find that the K2 BNR plugin will not be able to pull the fields from the items unless you are on the actual K2 Items page... 
Andrea said:

extrafield1

introtext and image

extrafield2

hope your help..

ty!

andrea

More
13 years 1 month ago #88176 by Sam Harney
Replied by Sam Harney on topic K2 BNR Content module
Andrea, I understand what you are wanting to do.

extrafield1

introtext and image

extrafield2

However, you are asking how that could be done with K2 BNR...  The issue is that K2 BNR IS A MODULE. So if you want to try and us K2 BNR then the only way possible I can see to do that would be to us a module anywhere plugin that would allow you to insert a module, K2 BNR, into the content of a K2 Item.  This would work on the actual Item page, but I don't believe it will work for you in a category layout where multiple Items are shown on one page.

So what I am saying?

If you want to do this with K2 BNR, then you will need a module anywhere plugin,  If you don't want to use Modules to do it then you CAN'T use K2 BNR.  If you want the extra fields to show up on Items listed in a Category layout, then I do not believe you can use K2 BNR.

I would recommend looking at K2Custom, as it allows you to easily make templates using {bracket tags} to change the layout of an article. 

More
13 years 1 month ago #88177 by Andrea
Sam, i think that k2custom could be a solution. Is there module free else i buy k2custom.

ty