Keyword

Dont Use K2, NO SUPPORT!!! You will be stuck

More
14 years 1 week ago #88314 by David R.
Replied by David R. on topic Dont Use K2, NO SUPPORT!!! You will be stuck
k2isgood,

I'm sorry if you took offense to my reply... it wasn't my intention to hurt your feelings, but rather to be open and honest with you since you are questioning why you're not getting responses to your posts. I suppose I knew that it would probably strike a nerve when I wrote it, and obviously it did! Do you notice anything now about your approach in this entire thread? Is my reply really different than what you did here? Clearly it made you really really mad. Do you think perhaps that might be how the very people you want help from might be viewing your thread?

First, in regards to "Boy who cried wolf" comment.

1. You name yourself k2isgood.
2. You post a comment and get no official response. This is no surprise because the Joomlaworks people really haven't been frequenting this forum, nor responding to messages with suggestions.
3. You post this thread titled "Dont Use K2, NO SUPPORT!!! You will be stuck"
4. When someone from Joomlaworks replies to you to explain that they are busy tracking bugs, coding and maintaining the community ---
5. You write: "PS: I did not want to hurt any of the K2 developers by creating this thread and creation of this thread by no means suggest that k2 is not good, infact my username is k2isgood.
By creating this thread I just wanted to make members of the forum more active. :)"

So in essence when you said: there is "NO SUPPORT" and "You will be stuck" what you really meant is that "k2 is really good" and you are doing everyone a service by making sure that they are awake?

In the short amount of time I've been using K2, I've actually tried to answer a number of questions for people -- and I think I may have helped at least one or two. When I fixed the tag trim bug and posted the patch, that probably helped a couple of people, and the patch also is in svn now. I'm not saying that is anything great but it's more than you've contributed, so it seems like what you're really saying is that, because I don't agree with your opinions about what has to be done to K2 to make it better, my opinions are crap.

In regards to your desire for a K2 export utility --- I stated it before and will say it again. It can be done in one SQL query! In the Joomla 1.0 days I was the team leader of a Joomla gallery component and module that had a lot of users, so I do know what goes into writing these things, and it's a lot of work. To make such a utility would take a lot of time and effort for very little gain. Joomlaworks might decide to do that work someday, but if I were them it would be really low on my priority list. And for a start -- you don't have to empty your articles table, right?

Lastly, in terms of your SEF issue, I understand your concern, although it might have helped if you explained this originally. This is how K2 is designed at present. I don't know if there's a way to do what you want with sh404sef or not, so I'll refrain from commenting further. Since it's a commercial product costing $65-$250 you might have more luck trying to get support from them on it, assuming you licensed it. It seems like K2 is "compatible" with it, in that it does remove the name= portion of the url params and functions properly. What you need is beyond that normal functionality, but it clearly is not broken.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• puneet
  • puneet's Avatar Topic Author
More
14 years 1 week ago #88315 by puneet
Think whatever you want I really dont care what you think
I still maintain K2isgood but its not the best .... (and yes support is definitely one aspect where k2 needs to improve)
How bad you felt when i mentioned that your opinions are crap, hannn so why do you pass judgement on others opinion when you cant take it on your own opinions.

And lastly, though I did not like what you said and how you targetted me but still, thanks for trying to help in "last two paras"

David R. said:k2isgood, I'm sorry if you took offense to my reply... it wasn't my intention to hurt your feelings, but rather to be open and honest with you since you are questioning why you're not getting responses to your posts. I suppose I knew that it would probably strike a nerve when I wrote it, and obviously it did! Do you notice anything now about your approach in this entire thread? Is my reply really different than what you did here? Clearly it made you really really mad. Do you think perhaps that might be how the very people you want help from might be viewing your thread? First, in regards to "Boy who cried wolf" comment.

2. You post a comment and get no official response. This is no surprise because the Joomlaworks people really haven't been frequenting this forum, nor responding to messages with suggestions.
4. When someone from Joomlaworks replies to you to explain that they are busy tracking bugs, coding and maintaining the community ---
5. You write: "PS: I did not want to hurt any of the K2 developers by creating this thread and creation of this thread by no means suggest that k2 is not good, infact my username is k2isgood.
By creating this thread I just wanted to make members of the forum more active. :)"

So in essence when you said: there is "NO SUPPORT" and "You will be stuck" what you really meant is that "k2 is really good" and you are doing everyone a service by making sure that they are awake?

In the short amount of time I've been using K2, I've actually tried to answer a number of questions for people -- and I think I may have helped at least one or two. When I fixed the tag trim bug and posted the patch, that probably helped a couple of people, and the patch also is in svn now. I'm not saying that is anything great but it's more than you've contributed, so it seems like what you're really saying is that, because I don't agree with your opinions about what has to be done to K2 to make it better, my opinions are crap.

In regards to your desire for a K2 export utility --- I stated it before and will say it again. It can be done in one SQL query! In the Joomla 1.0 days I was the team leader of a Joomla gallery component and module that had a lot of users, so I do know what goes into writing these things, and it's a lot of work. To make such a utility would take a lot of time and effort for very little gain. Joomlaworks might decide to do that work someday, but if I were them it would be really low on my priority list. And for a start -- you don't have to empty your articles table, right?

Lastly, in terms of your SEF issue, I understand your concern, although it might have helped if you explained this originally. This is how K2 is designed at present. I don't know if there's a way to do what you want with sh404sef or not, so I'll refrain from commenting further. Since it's a commercial product costing $65-$250 you might have more luck trying to get support from them on it, assuming you licensed it. It seems like K2 is "compatible" with it, in that it does remove the name= portion of the url params and functions properly. What you need is beyond that normal functionality, but it clearly is not broken.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88316 by David R.
Replied by David R. on topic Dont Use K2, NO SUPPORT!!! You will be stuck
Ok my friend. ;)

Seriously though, my feelings were not hurt in the slightest. I was just making a point. I also didn't ever attack you personally -- just disagreed with your points, and attempted to explain why.

Good luck with your projects!

k2isgood said:Think whatever you want I really dont care what you think I still maintain K2isgood but its not the best .... (and yes support is definitely one aspect where k2 needs to improve)
How bad you felt when i mentioned that your opinions are crap, hannn so why do you pass judgement on others opinion when you cant take it on your own opinions.

And lastly, though I did not like what you said and how you targetted me but still, thanks for trying to help in "last two paras"

David R. said:k2isgood, I'm sorry if you took offense to my reply... it wasn't my intention to hurt your feelings, but rather to be open and honest with you since you are questioning why you're not getting responses to your posts. I suppose I knew that it would probably strike a nerve when I wrote it, and obviously it did! Do you notice anything now about your approach in this entire thread? Is my reply really different than what you did here? Clearly it made you really really mad. Do you think perhaps that might be how the very people you want help from might be viewing your thread? First, in regards to "Boy who cried wolf" comment.

More
14 years 1 week ago #88317 by irish
OK people! This is not the place...

I made that mistake here and on another thread of almost the exact same content and will apologize to the community. All I did is stoop to their level. If some wants to blow off some steam or boast arrogance to the hilt, let them. It is not worth the argument or bickering. We all made our points and got our last words in, its time to move on to more positive ways of dealing with support here.

We all need to think before acting and refrain from this, it does no one or the community any good and is pretty much childish. I think that should go for all parties involved. We are adults...

More
14 years 1 week ago #88318 by Anything Digital
Replied by Anything Digital on topic Dont Use K2, NO SUPPORT!!! You will be stuck
This issue has been resolved: community.getk2.org/forum/topics/k2-and-sh404sef