Keyword

latest sh404sef & K2 - Aliases not used when generating SEF URLs

• Olivier Karfis
  • Olivier Karfis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #89527 by Olivier Karfis
So I know this is an issue pertaining to sh404 but since Joomlaworks handles the sh404 routing and not the folks at dev.anything-digital I'm posting this here hoping you can help.
Using K2 2.4.1, Joomla 1.5.20 and the latest sh404sef (v. 2.1.4.734).

Even though "Use category alias", "Use section alias" and "Use Title Alias" are all turned on in the sh404 Extensions Configuration panel, all URLs generated for K2 items disregard the alias field and use the title field instead.  Aliases are correctly used when using Joomla SEF just not with sh404.

Trying to decipher the com_k2.php file in the sef_ext folder but I'm afraid this is beyond my limited knowledge of PHP. This is putting a complete freeze on my site conversion to K2 &K2Mart :-(

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Olivier Karfis
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #89528 by Olivier Karfis
Hello,

Anybody had an idea how to get around this?

Elefteris, could you confirm if this a bug or as designed behavior?

Thanks for any help you can provide. My K2 Mart store project is completely stuck :-(

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

More
13 years 11 months ago #89529 by Lefteris
Hi. This have been posted again. We modified the code to grab the alias instead of the title. You can try the SVN version and give us some more feedback on this. Thanks.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Olivier Karfis
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #89530 by Olivier Karfis
That's sounds awesome! Thank you.
I'll check it out and report back.

Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. This have been posted again. We modified the code to grab the alias instead of the title. You can try the SVN version and give us some more feedback on this. Thanks.

• Olivier Karfis
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #89531 by Olivier Karfis
Trunk 571 fixed it. Lefteris you rock!
(I know there was a reason that I voted for K2 for the editor's pick and I paid for 3 of your extensions :-)
Thanks again for the quick turnaround!
--Olivier
Lefteris Kavadas said:Hi. This have been posted again. We modified the code to grab the alias instead of the title. You can try the SVN version and give us some more feedback on this. Thanks.

More
13 years 11 months ago #89532 by Anything Digital
So K2 is now respecting the settings in sh404SEF or always taking the alias?

• Olivier Karfis
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 11 months ago #89533 by Olivier Karfis
I just checked (since I never use the title) and even if you select use "use title" in the sh404 Joomla extensions options, aliases are used. Looks like what was checked in was made to match the Joomla SEF implementation (which is to always use the alias and is probably most use cases)

V-man said:So K2 is now respecting the settings in sh404SEF or always taking the alias?

More
13 years 10 months ago #89534 by Brett Adkins
Is the trunk 571 mentioned above available here: getk2.org/svnDownload.php

• Olivier Karfis
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 10 months ago #89535 by Olivier Karfis
I would imagine although I grabbed the modified file directly using SVN. There is only one changed file to fix this issue:

1 file
12:41 - lefteris.kavadas
Fixed issue with SH404 extension. Now category alias is added on the URL instead of title.
M /trunk/K2/components/com_k2/sef_ext/com_k2.php

--Olivier

Brett Adkins said:Is the trunk 571 mentioned above available here: getk2.org/svnDownload.php

More
13 years 10 months ago #89536 by Chad Windnagle
Just some additional info on this:

Running K2 and sh404sef and ran into an issue where item titles in K2 containing a period (which get changed to a dash in the alias) were bringing up a 404. Used the SVN ext_sef file to my K2 install and it fixed the issue by grabbing the alias instead of the title.