Keyword

latest sh404sef & K2 - Aliases not used when generating SEF URLs

• Daphne Christoforidou
More
13 years 9 months ago #89537 by Daphne Christoforidou
Replied by Daphne Christoforidou on topic latest sh404sef & K2 - Aliases not used when generating SEF URLs
Hi, maybe I missed something so forgive me for the question. I had the same problem with K2 2.4.1.and latest version of sh404sef. My URLs which have the form http://sitename/section/category/article-title, had the section, category and title name and not the alias. I downloaded the latest SVN and the problem with the article title alias was fixed indeed but I still have the section and category name instead of their aliases in my URLs. Can this be fixed also or I'm stuck with that?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Olivier Karfis
  • Olivier Karfis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 9 months ago #89538 by Olivier Karfis
Hi Daphne.

Did you make sure to purge your sh404 URLs after the change? It works on my site with the SVN version of the sef router. See www.frenchtoday.com/a-moi-paris/a-moi-paris-chapitre-01, the category name title is actually: "A Moi Paris - a Beginner's Novel/Workbook", the alias is a-moi-paris

I'm using the "Show last category" in the sh404 K2 parameters and I'm using K2 2.4.1 & sh404 2.1.5.746

Also one more thing. Were these categories imported via the "Import Joomla articles" function? If you did that, then the category aliases get regenerated and therefore don't keep their custom aliases from the Joomla side (I believe an import after updating the Sef router does actually work but I've not verified it myself).

--Olivier

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com

• Daphne Christoforidou
More
13 years 9 months ago #89539 by Daphne Christoforidou
Replied by Daphne Christoforidou on topic latest sh404sef & K2 - Aliases not used when generating SEF URLs
Oh thank you so much ! I did the most common stupid thing ever: imported sections and categories and forgot to change the aliases. Although I did it for the articles i totally skipped sections and categories. Thanks for your answer, I was about to give up and uninstall sh404sef. Sometimes you get so stuck that you need someone to point you to the obvious direction :)

• Olivier Karfis
  • Olivier Karfis's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 9 months ago #89540 by Olivier Karfis
No problem.Happens to me all the time! :-)

Daphne Christoforidou said:Oh thank you so much ! I did the most common stupid thing ever: imported sections and categories and forgot to change the aliases. Although I did it for the articles i totally skipped sections and categories. Thanks for your answer, I was about to give up and uninstall sh404sef. Sometimes you get so stuck that you need someone to point you to the obvious direction :)

Owner of www.FrenchToday.com - K2 fan and freelancer, runs the Joomla/K2 tip site: www.yanaku.com