Keyword

K2 Link item plugin

More
10 years 6 months ago #89832 by Anibal Sanchez
Replied by Anibal Sanchez on topic Re: K2 Link item plugin
Beyond minute details, every tool has pros and cons. Learn from each experience, and apply the right tool for your projects.

As this is a Joomla related forum for K2, it's no place to bash against a community.

PD About Drupal 8, it's been in-development for ...... I can't remember the first time I've downloaded it to test it.

Regards,
Anibal

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #89833 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic Re: K2 Link item plugin
Very expected answer in Joomla community. Problem is not in Joomla, problem is in your knowledge and skills.
Never mind, stay happy with Joomla.

More
10 years 6 months ago #89834 by Anibal Sanchez
Let's try to write against WordPress in a WP Forum ;) Come On! B)

More
10 years 6 months ago #89835 by BBC
I do it all the time, core or plugins whatever. And they listen. After some short time update notification blink red in Admin panel, you read change log and you see they listened.

Problem with J developers as you is you always assume you talk to a Joomla beginner.

Common man, i just checked Joomla latest demo. Still no simple PHP image resize function. Madness, year 2014.

This topic is precise topic for such discussion. Over years i could not have related items. And not only i, other poeple too. Situation that simply cannot happens in WP and Drupal.

Why it is so ? Lets say i am bad with coding and it is true. What prevents other coders to make all this people need ? In WP and Drupal community they do MAGIC, simple MAGIC. And even coders far less talented than Lefteris Kavadas. If it is not problem in Lefteris Kavadas, can we assume that is something rotten in Joomla "fancy core code" ?

Someone is weak link, pick one.

More
10 years 6 months ago #89836 by Anibal Sanchez
From my side, I don't think much about CMS comparisons, or too broad subjects.

It's just how they are, what you can do with them, and what you can offer.

PD: And, I certiainly have no answers for all questions ;)

Regards,
Anibal

More
10 years 6 months ago #89837 by BBC
Everything is OK man. You see i use Drupal and WP, so it is not another one flame war about CMS.

I spent on Drupal and WP maybe 5% time i spent on Joomla, and can do 100 times more, and fulfill all clients wishes, than i did on Joomla. Just asking why it is so ? I dont have clear answer.

And you third party developers if you dont hit Joomla core "gurus" with hammer in the head, you will end as Mambo ended.

More
10 years 6 months ago #89838 by Anibal Sanchez
Mambo was just he beginning B)

A

More
10 years 6 months ago #89839 by BBC
It is easy for you to joke, you can change platforms easy. :cheer:
Better to educate begginners on what to lose months and years.

Yes, Mambo was beginning of a nice journey. But i dont have lust to wait anymore things that never come.

Drupal 8 have custom fields in blocks (modules) and users will change all aspects of website without even seeing one single settings option.
Where is Joomla in this picture ?

Views (now in core) sinle and alone is worth as at least Joomla 200 most popular addons.

Never mind, just sharing opinions little loudly. Nobody will die from this. And nothing personal.