Keyword

K2 Nightmare, need help!

• Jedi Mom
  • Jedi Mom's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92459 by Jedi Mom
K2 Nightmare, need help! was created by Jedi Mom
I installed K2 version 1.0.1beta2 about a year ago for a friend's site, it was hacked, then I tried to restore everything, but K2 never worked properly. People were complaining they couldn't submit blog posts so I tried Upgrading to the latest K2 version today, and that didn't work. Something was wrong, because the Upgrade didn't work, so all the blog posts and categories weren't visible on the Frontend. I checked the database and still see the old database tables with different names, so the content was still there.

To try and fix the site, I uploaded all the old files from the site backup. Now I can see the old categories and posts again, but I'm also seeing a ton of errors on the first page and repeated errors on internal pages; See Errors below (note "PATH_TO_ROOT" replaces the real path):

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /PATH_TO_ROOT/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 136Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /PATH_TO_ROOT/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 108Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /PATH_TO_ROOT/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 108Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /PATH_TO_ROOT/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 136Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /PATH_TO_ROOT/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 162Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /PATH_TO_ROOT/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 108Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /PATH_TO_ROOT/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 108Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /PATH_TO_ROOT/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 136Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /PATH_TO_ROOT/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 162Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /PATH_TO_ROOT/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 108Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /PATH_TO_ROOT/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 108Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /PATH_TO_ROOT/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 136Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /PATH_TO_ROOT/components/com_k2/helpers/route.php on line 162

HELP PLEASE!?  This is a live site, so I'm panicking. I don't know what else to do at this point. I can't Upgrade because it breaks the blog, and don't know where to begin to fix the errors... Anyone?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92460 by william white
Replied by william white on topic K2 Nightmare, need help!
Did the k2 work properly before the site was hacked?

How did you get the site cleaned up, and what kind of hack was it.

I would first secure the backups and put them on a localhost for testing.

I never used the first versions of k2 so i do not know if there was always a seamless upgrade path with no changes to the tables or structures, but for the last few the fix was to reinstall over the top.

• Jedi Mom
More
13 years 8 months ago #92461 by Jedi Mom
Replied by Jedi Mom on topic K2 Nightmare, need help!
@William White

(I am not all that familiar with Joomla, usually don't use it, so I'm a bit unsure when it comes to details unfortunately. I only worked on the site for a family friend.)

RE: Did the k2 work properly before the site was hacked?

K2 was working but we had different settings before the hack. I never figured out how to allow frontend users to blog, so I had setup a different form on the site that allowed them to submit there. The site has tons of other features, so K2 is just one of the available items. We're using Mighty Membership and Mighty Registration (commercial plugins) to access other features in the site.

I was trying to upgrade because there was no link next to the Category titles for submitting articles. Since the hack we changed the requirements on the site to allow for any Registered member to submit to the Blog in K2, but I still don't see any links available to allow for users to post. It just shows the Category title. Above that on the blog main page is where the list of errors appear.

RE: How did you get the site cleaned up, and what kind of hack was it.

I never found out what kind of hack it was, hosting provider was no help. But the site was completely down at that point, so I ended up creating a new database and installing everything (ugh) by hand, then imported only parts of the database for the content mainly.

The original version of K2, the one we're using now that is the beta version, has different tables in the database, they are named differently, and there are many more tables with the new version. I saw the new tables when I tried to upgrade. But when I followed the instructions to upgrade, all the old content was no longer available, so it was like a new install, and that's why I went back to using the old one, but now there are so many errors I don't know what to do.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92462 by william white
I have not had experience with the mix of acl extensions you are using and k2.

It seems to me that you should"not"resort to using an outdated version of k2 as there have been many changes that have fixed issues over time.

If I were you, after backing up, i would dump the items and categories of k2 into csv files,save all the images,attachments, and videos from the site,  drop the k2 database, install latest k2 version and use k2import to pull the csv files back into k2 items.

Since the k2 import is trickey i would work from a backup on localhost until i got a import routine that would work correctly.

• Jedi Mom
More
13 years 8 months ago #92463 by Jedi Mom
You lost me after 'backing up'... I can dump items and categories into csv files? I'll take a look and see if I can find it. We really only wanted a simple blog system, but K2 was all we could find at the time, seems a bit more than we need though. Especially upgrades. I didn't realize it was going to be so dramatic LOL! All I wanted to do was fix the errors and move on, at least for now, until I can fit all this into my schedule (kind of zonked at the moment). If there's an easy way to just get rid of those errors until I can do the upgrade, that would be more realistic, so hopefully the developer will jump in on this one. I sent him a message a few days ago, but still waiting for a response. If I hear anything I'll post it here in case anyone else runs into the same issue. If there's a solution, that is, without having to dump and re-install and all that.

William, thanks so much for responding, I do appreciate that you took the time to share info :)

JoomlaWorks:  Please help??

More
13 years 8 months ago #92464 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic K2 Nightmare, need help!
Maybe your hosting provider simply upgraded to PHP 5.3.

• Jedi Mom
More
13 years 8 months ago #92465 by Jedi Mom
I just checked to see, but not the case, they're using PHP 5.2.14

I'm at a loss still. I don't know what to do anymore, because I'm not familiar with Joomla and I don't want to delete her articles accidentally. Does anyone know where I can find simple instructions on how to re-install without losing the old database? I tried following the Upgrade instructions, but that didn't work, so I'm hoping someone else besides the developer may have written up something or maybe another forum post, anything! The developer has not responded to me AT ALL... I've tried contacting him twice now, no response

More
13 years 8 months ago #92466 by william white
Please see friend request

Jedi Mom said:

I'm at a loss still. I don't know what to do anymore, because I'm not familiar with Joomla and I don't want to delete her articles accidentally. Does anyone know where I can find simple instructions on how to re-install without losing the old database? I tried following the Upgrade instructions, but that didn't work, so I'm hoping someone else besides the developer may have written up something or maybe another forum post, anything! The developer has not responded to me AT ALL... I've tried contacting him twice now, no response

More
13 years 8 months ago #92467 by BBC
Replied by BBC on topic K2 Nightmare, need help!
Maybe lesson to next time have exact copy at your localhost and do every upgrade there first.

Jedi Mom said:

• Jedi Mom
More
13 years 8 months ago #92468 by Jedi Mom
Exactly - I have an exact copy, of both the files and the database, that's how I was able to get the site back up, but the errors... I'm not sure why they're there, when I uploaded the backup.

BBC said:
Maybe lesson to next time have exact copy at your localhost and do every upgrade there first.

Jedi Mom said: