Keyword

Can Not Change Order. Of New Items

• Lovegunner
  • Lovegunner's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 8 months ago #92746 by Lovegunner
Can Not Change Order. Of New Items was created by Lovegunner
Hi there.. got K2 working on my site, loved it, about to open my site so i add last image and noticed that i can no longer change the order of items in the category. In fact when i add an article to a category that category becomes unchangeable. Very poor documentation on this great product and page after page of non replied to questions dont fill me with much hope.. but i'd really like to open my site..can somebody please help with this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #92747 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
If you are using a k2 category for display from the menu... look at the category order settings

If you are using a mod_k2 content look at its order settings

• Lovegunner
More
13 years 8 months ago #92748 by Lovegunner
Replied by Lovegunner on topic Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
Damn... after being able to change the last 300 items you'd think people wouldnt give me an answer like this. It is only new items that are affected on my site..before that everything was fine. I am trying to change the order of items.. you dont think the order setting would be the first thing i checked?... pffff.

Sick of people thinking because they dont charge for product they can offer crap help in forums....agggghhhhh

More
13 years 8 months ago #92749 by Fabrício Nihues
Replied by Fabrício Nihues on topic Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
I've got the same problem! My items are not changing the order! Tried everything, nothing... even on creating new category the items don't move the order, only the order number, but it doesn't change the order!

I wondering now, I'm using php 5.3.2... maybe this is the problem?

• Lovegunner
More
13 years 8 months ago #92750 by Lovegunner
Ha...... i gave up on the crap a week ago. Anything that tempermental aint worth it. I uninstalled K2 and found i can do pretty much what i wanted in a blog layout in Joomla.. I doubt you'll find any help here mate mate.... seems they love hyping themselves up, leaving very little time to actually help their "customers" (or should that be, "the people of whom they have damaged their websites with their products.") Get out while you still have a working site.

Fabrício Nihues said:
I've got the same problem! My items are not changing the order! Tried everything, nothing... even on creating new category the items don't move the order, only the order number, but it doesn't change the order!

I wondering now, I'm using php 5.3.2... maybe this is the problem?

More
13 years 8 months ago #92751 by william white
Replied by william white on topic Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
@Fabarico My server has php5.2.6-2.fc7. I have not experienced the same problem on any of my sites. When i change the order setting in Category Item Layout Params, from default to Title Alpha, the correct change is made and items are displayed by Title, even to the extent that a space sorts first in a title which was incorrectly entered. My site uses a K2-Itemlist-Category with one category selected as a menu choice.(not a k2 content module in a grid position). Did your system correctly reorder items and then stop working correctly or did it never work as you expected? Are you using the k2 menu item or a k2content module?

More
13 years 8 months ago #92752 by Fabrício Nihues
Replied by Fabrício Nihues on topic Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
It seems working now, it was the category setting "Item ordering" that was messing up... it was set to "oldest first".... now it's set to Order and it is working as it should!

William White said:
@Fabarico My server has php5.2.6-2.fc7. I have not experienced the same problem on any of my sites. When i change the order setting in Category Item Layout Params, from default to Title Alpha, the correct change is made and items are displayed by Title, even to the extent that a space sorts first in a title which was incorrectly entered. My site uses a K2-Itemlist-Category with one category selected as a menu choice.(not a k2 content module in a grid position). Did your system correctly reorder items and then stop working correctly or did it never work as you expected? Are you using the k2 menu item or a k2content module?

• Lovegunner
More
13 years 8 months ago #92753 by Lovegunner
No mine worked fine...perfect infact. After 3 days of loading stuff into it the ordering system just stopped working...i had it set to "order", so that was fine. The old topics stayed in order but anything else just would not change.

Fabrício Nihues said:
It seems working now, it was the category setting "Item ordering" that was messing up... it was set to "oldest first".... now it's set to Order and it is working as it should!
William White said:

More
13 years 6 months ago #92754 by chris jones
Replied by chris jones on topic Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
I am having a similar problem, I have one catregory under my menu choice, no matter i change Category Item Layout Params to it just wont budgeÉ

More
13 years 6 months ago #92755 by chris jones
Replied by chris jones on topic Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
i also just found this william - any news on the fix...

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/change-display-order-on-page