Keyword

Can Not Change Order. Of New Items

More
13 years 6 months ago #92756 by donluismx
Replied by donluismx on topic Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
It didn't work for me, I configured that part as you mentioned and I still can't change the order of the items of that category. Good for your that it did though.

Fabrício Nihues said:
It seems working now, it was the category setting "Item ordering" that was messing up... it was set to "oldest first".... now it's set to Order and it is working as it should!
William White said:
@Fabarico My server has php5.2.6-2.fc7. I have not experienced the same problem on any of my sites. When i change the order setting in Category Item Layout Params, from default to Title Alpha, the correct change is made and items are displayed by Title, even to the extent that a space sorts first in a title which was incorrectly entered. My site uses a K2-Itemlist-Category with one category selected as a menu choice.(not a k2 content module in a grid position). Did your system correctly reorder items and then stop working correctly or did it never work as you expected? Are you using the k2 menu item or a k2content module?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #92757 by donluismx
Replied by donluismx on topic Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
By the way, I found another bug, sometimes K2 will just mess with the order of new items, for example, once in a while when the last item goes an order id of 1500, the next new one will get an awful 1, so the new one will get stuck at the end of the list and if you configure your modules to show items using the order criteria that new one won't show up, you have to make it all over again so it follows with the id 1501.

All this with v 2.3

Good luck.

More
13 years 2 months ago #92758 by nafees khan
Replied by nafees khan on topic Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
i have the same problem. I am not able change the order of my products. I have experimented all the parameters but still its not working.

Kindly help me. 

More
13 years 2 months ago #92759 by Jake Longg
Replied by Jake Longg on topic Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
I would surely say this is some kind of bug. I have used K2 on over 20 sites over a few years, and I have experienced many frustrations and happy accomplishments. I have high hopes for k2.

But this order issue is annoying. The order will not change for anything, and it is flipping around with no particular order. With my experience I know to check the settings, try different configurations, screw with cache and whatever else I can guess.

I tried trashing and re writing them, installing latest version, even the inevitable desk smash...but nothing has worked, and I dont run into this problem with other installs. It is some kind of clash with another component or something...Im just confused now.

I need a smoke.

More
13 years 2 months ago #92760 by nafees khan
Replied by nafees khan on topic Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
you are correct Jake. this is a serious problen in k2. The k2 team has to sort out this as soon as possible Otherwise we have to forget the k2 component. I hope the team will sort out this.

Jake Longg said:
I would surely say this is some kind of bug. I have used K2 on over 20 sites over a few years, and I have experienced many frustrations and happy accomplishments. I have high hopes for k2.

But this order issue is annoying. The order will not change for anything, and it is flipping around with no particular order. With my experience I know to check the settings, try different configurations, screw with cache and whatever else I can guess.

I tried trashing and re writing them, installing latest version, even the inevitable desk smash...but nothing has worked, and I dont run into this problem with other installs. It is some kind of clash with another component or something...Im just confused now.

I need a smoke.

More
10 years 11 months ago - 10 years 11 months ago #92761 by Eoin Feeney
Replied by Eoin Feeney on topic Re: Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
I have this problem now, whatever option in the category listing I choose doesn't do anything. I've tried clearing Joomla cache, no joy. I have two catagories choose in my menu item.

On the other hand I am not sick of people providing top end FREE products and not supporting them. Supporting them would be great if you can manage it, and I agree that K2 support is lacking, but support is expensive and K2 is free. If you provide a free product you shouldn't be obliged to support it, however, if you do not and people leave that is your problem.

I tried supporting K2 when it first came out but would you believe it I got banned and it took me months to get back on board. Ridiculous.

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 11 months ago #92762 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Can Not Change Order. Of New Items
Eoin this post is more than two years old and it refers to older versions of K2.

Also which version of K2 are you using? Are you sure your menu settings are not overriding your category settings?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)