Keyword

Page load bottleneck fao Fotis - re twitter conversation

More
13 years 7 months ago #93665 by BBC
You write that about users after my comment.

I noticed slow down in some of my pages when i activate mtupgrade. Some problems that i coudn´t see in Firebug or Yslow.

Joomla works that way, plugin cache is disabled for logged in users. So that you experiencing between visitors-logged is normal, i believe.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bunglehaze
  • bunglehaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #93666 by bunglehaze
The Joomla page cache works for guest users only which I know about but this issues was happening with the page cache plugin switched off as I explained in the first set of posts, since then the speed issue has been resolved for guest users but still exists for logged in users - a difference of 20 seconds per page load is simply massive and not something that can be easily swallowed as "normal"

BBC said:
You write that about users after my comment.

I noticed slow down in some of my pages when i activate mtupgrade. Some problems that i coudn´t see in Firebug or Yslow.

Joomla works that way, plugin cache is disabled for logged in users. So that you experiencing between visitors-logged is normal, i believe.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93667 by BBC
Your page load is not normal. Differences between visitors and users are normal, minus your problem with page load.

Never mind. Anyway , all tools show that you don´t have many IP Neighbours. Max 16, as i could see. So you know it is now problem with server.

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #93668 by bunglehaze
By IP Neighbours do you mean how many other domains are on the server? I already  pointed out this is a private dedicated server with a handful of small sites hosted so it was not going to show up neighbours like on a shared host unless I am missing something there of course?

The differences between visitors and users I thought only came into effect with the page cache turned on, I have had mine turned off this whole time in order to get to the bottom of the loading times issue, the whole damn problem is baffling and annoying as my articles database grows every day and I am sure the loading times increase as they do..

More
13 years 7 months ago #93669 by BBC
As you say that other pages are OK at same server.

As it is your server check all server logs.

Check your .htacces file, if you have one. To much tweaking in .htacces can slow down page extremly, despite it doesn´t throw out some error messages.

I see you don´t have GZIP activated. Activate it at server, or in Joomla, not both. Your problem is huge, so it will help a little bit maybe.

You have expire headers for everything. This page should fly.

I have just 2 questions:

- Do you update K2 via Joomla installer, or just overwrite files at server ?

- Doe´s your internet provider knows you are using line for hosting ?

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 7 months ago #93670 by bunglehaze
I think the only mods to htaccess have been to :

RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^www.bikechatter.co.uk$ [NC]RewriteRule ^(.*)$ bikechatter.co.uk/$1 [R=301,L]

# Turn off eTagsHeader unset ETagFileETag none# Check that the expires module has been installed<IfModule mod_expires.c>ExpiresActive OnExpiresDefault "access plus 10 years"ExpiresByType image/gif "access plus 10 years"ExpiresByType image/jpeg "access plus 10 years"ExpiresByType image/png "access plus 10 years"ExpiresByType text/css "access plus 10 years"ExpiresByType text/html "access plus 1 seconds"ExpiresByType text/javascript "access plus 10 years"ExpiresByType application/x-unknown-content-type "access plus 10 years"ExpiresByType application/x-javascript "access plus 10 years"

Gzip is activated in Joomla backend and is used on the server but for some reason I do not understand it does not seem to gzip a lot of files it should (according to firebug and pagespeed)

As you say with expires headers and the way the site is generally setup it should be rapid and on a lot of pages it is - apart from my nested categories with over a hundred articles in each, this SHOULD not cause an issue in K2 so something is not playing ball.

Answers to you Q are:

I only ever update my sites manually with file overwrites using a root access sftp

I am not sure what you mean by this? If I understand correctly though - I do not host the server on my personal ISP, the server is based in a US datacentre and is a fully managed package so there should be no issues with the tech.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93671 by BBC
Try to update K2 allways via Joomla installer. Because you can miss some important change in mysql database, when you just overwrite files at server.

Can not be sure, because K2 has not ordinary changelog. Or i could not find it.

If you have many tweaks outside template override just use Winmerge and set it all back, if it goes that way.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93672 by BBC
Activate GZIP via .htaccess, and disable Joomla GZIP.

www.leewillis.co.uk/gzip-joomla-tips-faster-website/

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 6 months ago #93673 by bunglehaze
Fotis, just wondering if you ever got round to having a look at the potential bottleneck here? I am still having massive loading times for logged in users and rapid loading for guests. I have kept updated with the 2.5 SVN every few days or so in case of a fix but still see the same issue.

Leigh

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 5 months ago #93674 by bunglehaze
Thanks to Fotis and Lefteris my woes are now solved and fixed in the latest 2.5SVN - thread found here:

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/still-seeing-massive