Keyword

What the...? holes ?!

More
13 years 7 months ago #93767 by Terry Britton
Replied by Terry Britton on topic What the...? holes ?!
You are correct, I meant columns the second time.  Now my english is going to shit.  Missing tag still needs to be fixed.mat said:
Hi,

Rows are horizontal, columns are vertical.....Last time I checked !! (Sorry !)

Give your itemContainer class a fixed height and it should all flow as per your design (8 articles in 2 Columns over 4 rows) - this would be required as not all of the itmes on the page have the same amount of content (introtext plus add to cart buttons etc...)

(well its a start)

PS

I did this on your link in firebug at height of 300px and image sizes can then be increased

Terry A Britton said:

Your first post said, "show 8 aricles in 2 rows."  What you want is 8 articles in 2 rows.

When I look at your site the divs are not showing up properly in firebug.  This usually indicates an open tag.  Go to the following page, put in the link from above and the first error indicates a missing tag.  You need to fix that first.

validator.w3.org/

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #93768 by matthew turner
Replied by matthew turner on topic What the...? holes ?!
Hi,

I had a little more time and I copied and pasted your linked page source code - just the K2 code (from k2container div) in Dreamweaver

This showed no missing closing div, however I have not checked this for the rest of the template you are using (Yoo theme I think?)

I added the css I mentioned above and I have attached a screen shot

I use colour backgrounds to help eliminate float issues (it helps!) and resized the image width to 300px

CSS used as a starting point is attached too, I hope it helps :

#itemListLeading {     float: left;     width: 800px; } .itemContainer {     background-color: #CCCCCC;     padding: 0px;     float: left;     height: 330px;     margin-top: 0px;     margin-right: 0px;     margin-bottom: 20px;     margin-left: 0px; } .itemContainer .itemContainer_leftcolumn {     clear: left;     float: left;     width: 98%;     background-color: #FF99CC;     height: 300px; } .itemContainer .itemContainer_rightcolumn {     float: right;     clear: left;     width: 98%;     background-color: #FF0000;     height: 300px; }

• atombased
  • atombased's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 7 months ago #93769 by atombased
Replied by atombased on topic What the...? holes ?!
thanks buddy!!!!!
I owe you one! :)