Keyword

Can K2 help me with this?

More
13 years 6 months ago #94055 by Sam Harney
Replied by Sam Harney on topic Can K2 help me with this?
Darrell,

I am by no means a programmer, so I could not begin to tell your programmer where to look... If he is not familiar with Joomla and or K2, then trying to get him to integrate his code into theirs may not be a "simple" task.  That said I would have to recommend that he look into the API code for for K2, as it should provide a way for him to design a K2 plugin that would allow the flash card entries to actually be K2 items/articles.  If he can do that then it would just be a matter of your users tagging them when they create them... The biggest issue I see with using K2 in this manner, is going to be the number of flash cards that can be created from one article entry, may be limited to just one card... he may be able to use html/css code to design around that limitation, but in doing so, multiple flash cards would all be tagged the same thing, instead of having a separate tag for each card.

community.getk2.org/forum/topics/example-k2-plugin-for

The above link is to an example page for making a quick k2 "plugin" it would be the place I would recommend that your programmer start.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Darrell Washington
  • Darrell Washington's Avatar Topic Author
More
13 years 6 months ago #94056 by Darrell Washington
Replied by Darrell Washington on topic Can K2 help me with this?
Thanks Sam. I will install K2 and give it a try. If I can understand how to use K2 to extract user data from the database instead of articles, this will be great.

Any other comments/questions/suggestions will be great.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.