Keyword

[SOLVED] Still seeing massive bottlenecks for logged in users

More
13 years 5 months ago #95702 by JoomlaWorks
Re-download the SVN zip from getk2.org (the one I just uploaded). The issue was indeed with the queries fetching tags. So, "mea culpa" from our side, and I'm glad we sorted this ;)

Fotis / JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bunglehaze
  • bunglehaze's Avatar Topic Author
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 5 months ago #95703 by bunglehaze
Fotis, thanks very much - it seems to all be working smoothly so I am glad I carried on harrassing you guys, hopefully it will offer a fix for others who have struggled in the past too.

I have the new SVN version installed now, just setting all the categories back to their intended settings.

Regards

Leigh

More
13 years 5 months ago #95704 by JoomlaWorks
Also, re-do the speed comparison with Zoo now ;)

---

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 5 months ago #95705 by bunglehaze
Lol just been doing that very thing, K2 flies again - wahooooo! it seems on my connection about 25% faster than the comparable Zoo category so I am indeed a very, very happy K2 user again. Donation incoming shortly.

More
13 years 5 months ago #95706 by JoomlaWorks
That's great news :)

---

More
13 years 5 months ago #95707 by Nick
i'm confused. My site is also running slow. 219 queries to be exact. This only happens when users are logged in and with sh404sef enabled (disabled it gives 100 queries).

My site has hundreds of categories and thousands of items. Too established to risk an SVN (unless anyone has tips on how to go about this). Any ideas of what i could do about this?

• bunglehaze
  • Elite Member
More
13 years 5 months ago #95708 by bunglehaze
Nick, take backups of site and db before you do it and you will be fine, if all goes wrong just roll the site back but IMO the SVN is perfectly fine.

More
13 years 4 months ago #95709 by Christopher Pratt
Want to see this fix applied to the latest Stable release :) I'm using the SVN now on my site with 500,000+ items and over 10k categories and I went from almost 20,000 SQL Queries down to 59 :) Thanks! I was freaking out!

• JoomFlix - By Total Design And Technology
  • JoomFlix - By Total Design And Technology's Avatar
More
13 years 4 months ago #95710 by JoomFlix - By Total Design And Technology
Replied by JoomFlix - By Total Design And Technology on topic [SOLVED] Still seeing massive bottlenecks for logged in users
Hi there, sorry for hijacking this thread, but I also have a very severe performance problem when editing k2 items in the backend.  The site takes over a minute on a dedicated production box and over 10 minutes on a development server to open items for editing. 

I have over 20k items on my site and installed the latest SVN on May 30, '11.

I turned on the debugger and noticed this query that returns over 9000 rows.  I'm not sure what it does, so I'll try to track down where it is being called from:

SELECT extra_fields   FROM itms_k2_items   WHERE created_by = 15 OR modified_by = 15

• JoomFlix - By Total Design And Technology
  • JoomFlix - By Total Design And Technology's Avatar
More
13 years 4 months ago #95711 by JoomFlix - By Total Design And Technology
Replied by JoomFlix - By Total Design And Technology on topic [SOLVED] Still seeing massive bottlenecks for logged in users
Ok, I got it narrowed down to the k2fields plugin.  that is a 3rd party plugin that adds even more extra fields to k2.  When I unpublish that plugin, the site operates normally.  Now all I have to do is figure out why that call is so slow and how to optimize it.