Keyword

Uninstalling K2

More
11 years 7 months ago #110016 by jdnahas
Replied by jdnahas on topic Re: Uninstalling K2
OK... I am able to edit the K2 tables and set to =0 .... This stops the K2 icons from showing; however - does not bring forward the Joomla icons.

I can additionally check the extensions and modules by gong into the information_schema; however, there is not a function for 'K2' as there is for JCE editor, for example.

As test, if I set JCE to =0 , it would not engage (however I cannot confirm as I can not get there from the admin panel to 'see' if it is an option.)

I am going to look for the component in information schema and see if I can pinpoint where K2 is located... the 6 or 7 lines are only the 'icons' in the admin panel.

That's where I am at right now... I need to find where K2 is 'housed' and set to =0 .

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110017 by jdnahas
Peter, I appreciate your help.... I

do not see a 'module' or 'component' for K2...

I am turning it over to the hosting company to see what their review turns out and as all the info I am reading on web states this 'missing Joomla icon set' is not possible(?)

Somehow I believe I toggled something and this has invoked a state of "ONLY show K2 admin Icons" in the admin panel. UG :(

I will report to the forum what the hosting company puts forward as a resolution in the event this happens to others.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110018 by Peter Grube
Replied by Peter Grube on topic Re: Uninstalling K2
No probs good luck.

More
11 years 7 months ago #110019 by jdnahas
I am posting this to the group if it might help someone.

After the hosting company reviewed the material, looked at the site, and even attempted the remedy posted on the previous threads, etc..., they have concluded that the site cannot be 'saved' so to speak and that it has to be rolled back or re-written.

It was obviously some error I made in the installation of K2 which I suspect caused the Joomla admin icons/controls to disappear. I had followed the tutorials and instructions; however, I suspect something I toggled caused the issue... but I have no idea what it was.

In any event, that was the final word from the hosting company and we are looking at the re-build issues now.