Keyword

SEF URL Help Please !!!

More
10 years 6 months ago - 10 years 6 months ago #113280 by Odin Mayland
Replied by Odin Mayland on topic Re: SEF URL Help Please !!!
I see in the tooltip for "Enable advanced SEF for K2 URLs" that it states that you should use this for K2 sites with only a "few hundred" items.

To me "few" means 300 or less. My site currently has 475 and may end up with around 600 when complete.

I want to use the k2 category title alias in conjunction with sh404sef so it appears that I am required to enable "Enable advanced SEF for K2 URLs".

Do you still recommend enabling it with a 600 item site?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #113281 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: SEF URL Help Please !!!
@modernmagic

We say this, because since there is no ID to the URL K2 will have to detect the ID from the alias. This means extra SQL queries. 600 hundred items are not that much but this also depends on the server resources. A decent server would be able to handle this without any issues.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

More
10 years 5 months ago - 10 years 5 months ago #113282 by Odin Mayland
Ok. I enabled it and set it up this way:

But the url is showing the item ID with a "-" instead of a "/"
108.163.203.210/~goodwin/packaging-containers/fast-packs/ppp-b-1672d-style-a-type-1-vertical-star-pack/5-xa1.html

I think it would be best to use the / because the item aliases are model names with numbers in them, "xa1". So i don't want to lose any SEO by showing "5-xa1". I think "/5/xa1" would be more google friendly.

Using: Joomla! 3.2.3 with k2 2.6.8 and sh404sef v4

More
10 years 5 months ago #113283 by Lefteris
What i told you before refers to K2 SEF settings not to SH404SEF. You should use only one of them. Otherwise you are adding extra overhead to your site with no reason. If you want to use SH404SEF disable K2 advanced SEF. Or disable SH404SEF and just use K2 advanced SEF settings.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 5 months ago #113284 by Odin Mayland
Lefteris,

Ok I disabled "K2 advanced SEF" so that I could sh404sef.

The url is still showing the item ID so I assume that the router for k2/sh404sef is working.
108.163.203.210/~goodwin/packaging-containers/fast-packs/ppp-b-1672d-style-a-type-1-vertical-star-pack/5-xa1.html

Do I have to get sh404sef or K2's router to change use a "-" instead of a "/" between the item id?

More
10 years 5 months ago #113285 by Lefteris
Since you are using SH404SEF you need to check it's settings. I don't know if there is an option to allow you to use a slash or a dash. The settings that K2 provide for SH404SEF are located at the "sh404SEF Integration" section in K2 parameters. The settings above this are only used when K2 Advaced SEF is enabled. So to summarize, if you use K2 Advaced SEF you can choose to have a dash or a slash. If you use SH404SEF you need to look for an option for this. I am pretty sure that SH404SEF can do the same.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

More
10 years 5 months ago #113286 by Odin Mayland
Here is the h404sef support response. LOL

"I`m afraid that`s not possible, the only way probably to achieve that is to modify K2 plugin for sh404sef which is maintained by K2 developers"

oh well..

More
10 years 5 months ago #113287 by Lefteris
OK that makes sense, if ti can be done by the plugin. We will look into it and might implement it in a future update of K2. Until then disable SH404SEF and use K2 advanced SEF options which already does that.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---