Keyword

[SOLVED] K2 still showing old images after replacing it

• Yasin Karimbocus
  • Yasin Karimbocus's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 10 months ago #120413 by Yasin Karimbocus
Replied by Yasin Karimbocus on topic Re: K2 still showing old images after replacing it
Dear Krikor

Infact my using a dedicated server and no setting or configuration was changed recently, in the media folder i have the Cache folder set to 777 and the SRC folder set to 755

I believe k2 as full access to overwrite data, is there some other solution you might suggest for me to explore?

Or do you think i must reinstall k2?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Yasin Karimbocus
More
10 years 10 months ago #120414 by Yasin Karimbocus
Replied by Yasin Karimbocus on topic Re: K2 still showing old images after replacing it
Just to inform you i have another website sport.defimedia.info/

and am observing the same problem on that one too

am using joomla 3.1.5 with k2 version 2.6.7 with this one

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
10 years 10 months ago #120415 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: K2 still showing old images after replacing it
Are you experiencing it in the component view, in a module or is it a custom module?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Yasin Karimbocus
More
10 years 10 months ago #120416 by Yasin Karimbocus
In the admin panel the correct images is there even in article view, till now i notice it in News Show SP1 and another module for joomlart

• Yasin Karimbocus
More
10 years 10 months ago #120417 by Yasin Karimbocus
Hi

I managed the source of the issue and it seems coming from k2. I explain:

Lets take this article for example: www.defimedia.info/live-news/item/42067-bus-semi-low-floor-la-mauritius-bus-owners-federation-decue-de-la-mesure-annoncee-par-xld.html

The thumbnail of this article has URL: www.defimedia.info/media/k2/items/cache/5688cfd57677c832e4f6d879b37053db_XL_thumb100.jpg

And the big image inside the article has URL: www.defimedia.info/media/k2/items/cache/5688cfd57677c832e4f6d879b37053db_XL.jpg

In the URL for the thumbnail notice the end of the filename: thumb100.jpg
Every articles' thumbnail ends with this.

Now comes the tricky part, when I upload a new image over an existing image. Lets take this article as example: www.defimedia.info/live-news/item/42069-exportation-de-ferraille-les-conteneurs-en-provenance-de-maurice-contenait-des-pierres.html

The big version of the newly upload image (inside article) has this new URL: www.defimedia.info/media/k2/items/cache/9b7ee3d0350be56446d52e7073839055_XL.jpg
The old image had the same URL,meaning the new image has overwritten the old image at the same URL

Now for the thumbnail that appears on the homepage, the old image thumbnail continues to appear on the homepage with this URL: www.defimedia.info/media/k2/items/cache/9b7ee3d0350be56446d52e7073839055_XL_thumb100.jpg
Here again notice the thum100.jpg

But while investigating i gone through the k2 cache folder located at media/k2/cache where k2 stores all the versions (6 in all) of all images being uploaded and to my big surprise the new image thumbnail is well there but with a different URL: www.defimedia.info/media/k2/items/cache/9b7ee3d0350be56446d52e7073839055_S.jpg

Now why on my homepage despite clearing cache etc still the old image thumbnail is still appearing because its pointing to the wrong URL, now the question is how do i point it to the new good URL?

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120418 by Yiota
I just visited your listing page and located the item you have posted, the one with the bus. Both links seem OK.

The first link you have posted though (www.defimedia.info/media/k2/items/cache/...53db_XL_thumb100.jpg) doesn't seem to be generated from K2. All K2 images that are being generated have the size at the end of the filename, like the last url you have posted (www.defimedia.info/media/k2/items/cache/...d52e7073839055_S.jpg)

Where can I see an image that has the _thumb100.jpg at the end?

Did you use any other extension or have made any modification to K2 which would result with this filename?
Maybe you have made modifications for a mobile version of your site?

• Yasin Karimbocus
More
10 years 10 months ago #120419 by Yasin Karimbocus
Hello Yiota

Well you are perfectly right after investigation the link with the thumb100.jpg file is being generated by another module called "News Show SP1"

sorry my mistake

Its this module that is generating this image and example link here: www.defimedia.info/media/k2/items/cache/54a181c0553a93e6fea172256af3735b_XL_thumb100.jpg

the problem is that when joomla caching is enable am not able to overwrite this image,can you help please? even setting the image to 777 permission i cant overwrite it when replacing this image from backend.

• Yiota
  • Visitor
10 years 10 months ago #120420 by Yiota
This is in my opinion a faulty implementation of the module you are using. It shouldn't generate this kind of filenames for the images. Anyway, try to disable the module's cache in case something changes with that.

Otherwise you should advise the module's developers in order to help you with a solution.

More
10 years 6 months ago #120421 by Sanjiv Khullar
Replied by Sanjiv Khullar on topic Re: K2 still showing old images after replacing it
I have exported my k2 categories and items via php-admin to a new site and attempted to transfer and images to the media/k2 images folder - the categories images are correct but the items are not

Is their a solution to this without having to upload the images again

More
10 years 6 months ago #120422 by Lefteris
@Sanjiv Khullar

In order to make images work you need to transfer the items with the same IDs as they appear on the first site.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)