Keyword

Adding Joomla users to K2 group

• oorzaak
  • oorzaak's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #133400 by oorzaak
Adding Joomla users to K2 group was created by oorzaak
Hi,

I'm having two issues with adding Joomla users to K2 groups. I read this page of the K2 documentation but I this doesn't help: getk2.org/documentation/tips-a-tricks/201-allowing-users-to-submit-content

First: I have only one K2 user group, it's called Registered. I want new Joomla users to be added automatically to this user group. In Joomla core user administration they may have different user groups but in K2 they may have the same rights. As I think of it now, I could create different groups in K2 and grant them the same rights. However: the main question is: how can I assign a new Joomla user to a K2 group automatically, as I fail do do so until now.

Second: I already have some Joomla users in my administration. I tried to batch assign them to the K2 user group, as described on the documentation page that's mentioned above. This results in an error message:

1136 Column count doesn't match value count at row 1 SQL=INSERT INTO #__k2_users VALUES ('', 1006, 'This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.', '', '', '', '', 1, '')

In which I removed the original prefix of my database and changed the e-mail address of the user.

Joomla 3.3.6, K2 2.6.8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #133401 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Adding Joomla users to K2 group
Hi. Regarding your questions:

1. Go to K2 parameters page. There you can set the default K2 user group for new users. Once you do this, after a user registers to your site will be assigned automatically to the specific K2 user group.

2. This has already been fixed for the next release. The commit which fixed that is github.com/joomlaworks/k2/commit/ddc4ca8557a575ee141a0b7af7b9d45537351ef0 .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• oorzaak
More
9 years 11 months ago #133402 by oorzaak
Replied by oorzaak on topic Re: Adding Joomla users to K2 group
Hi Lefteris,

Thanks for your reply.

1.: I already set a group before I created this topic, but it won't work. No group is assigned to new users.

2. I've replaced the code as indicated and this is ok now.

For a moment I hoped that issue 1. would be solved as well after fixing issue 2, so I tried again but this didn't help.

Kind regards, Frits

More
9 years 11 months ago #133403 by Lefteris
You also need to enable K2 profiles in the parameters .

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• oorzaak
More
9 years 11 months ago #133404 by oorzaak
I switched it off indeed, because it changed the registration form and, what's more important, the registration procedure.

For instance, I set up the Joomla core registration procedure to (a) send a mail to the user asking them to confirm their subscription and (b) to send a mail to a moderator asking them to review the subscription and activate (or refuse) the user. With K2 profiles enabled these mails are not being sent. Is it possible to have these mails with K2?

Kind regards, Frits

More
9 years 11 months ago #133405 by Lefteris
These emails will also be sent even if you have the K2 profiles enabled.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• oorzaak
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #133406 by oorzaak

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: These emails will also be sent even if you have the K2 profiles enabled.

Unfortunately, at present they are not being sent, as a result of enabling K2 profiles.

Kind regards, Frits

Edit: when submitting the subscription form, the resulting on-screen message is different too:

"Your settings are saved"

Frits

More
9 years 11 months ago #133407 by Lefteris
Emails are only sent in registration, not in profile edit page. Which subscription form are you talking about?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• oorzaak
More
9 years 11 months ago #133408 by oorzaak
Hi Lefteris,

I think "registration" is the correct name indeed, not "subscription", sorry about that. I refer to the form that is generated by Joomla core on this url:

/index.php?option=com_users&view=registration

With K2 profiles disabled, this registration form generates the mails as described and the procedure of confirmation and review as described.

With K2 profiles enabled:
- the form is extended with K2 profile fields, which is not a big problem but not something I inteded on initial user registration;
- the mails are no longer sent and the procedure is no longer followed.

Hope this makes my topic clear.

Frits

More
9 years 11 months ago #133409 by Lefteris
What do you mean when you say "procedure is no longer followed" ? Is the form submitted when you click the button ? Do you get any message on the next page? Can you see the new user listed in the User Manager in administration?

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---