Keyword

Adding Joomla users to K2 group

• oorzaak
  • oorzaak's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 11 months ago #133420 by oorzaak
Replied by oorzaak on topic Re: Adding Joomla users to K2 group
This is only my second site with K2 and I didn't have this specific issue on the other site. Neither did I have this issue with the registration process before on a non-K2 site.

Apart from rebuilding the site from a fresh Joomla install I cannot think up any ideas either. I suppose I'll do that after the weekend.

Thanks for your helpso far,

Frits

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• oorzaak
More
9 years 11 months ago - 9 years 11 months ago #133421 by oorzaak
Hi Lefteris,

I owe you an apology: there WAS another user plugin on the site, and it turns out to be the culprit. I just forgot it was there and it didn't show up in the list when I selected user plugins because it is listed as a system plugin. It is called UserGroupSelector:

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/clients-a-communities/user-management/25329

The purpose of this plugin is, indeed, to allow users to select the user group that they will belong to (well, one from a preset list, we won't allow them to make themselves SuperUsers of course).

I will contact the developer of this plugin now. Yet I'd like to point out that the issue must be somewhere in the combination of K2 user profile and UserGroupSelector, as the plugin works ok when K2 user profile is disabled. So, as a user, I just hope this will be solved one way or another and I address both developers in my search for help.

Kind regards, Frits

Edit:

On the support forum of UserGroupSelector I found this quote, which was written by the developers 6 months ago:

Sorry to say, but Usergroup Selector can not work with k2.

This plugin add user to particular user group on the event "onUserAfterSave" and it save the user again. The same event is triggered again. K2 plugin which assigns groups, redirect user to some where else, and due to this redirection user is not assigned to that group.

I asked if there were any new developments on this point but I'm afraid that I already know the answer. So I'll start thinking of a workaround, like offering different forms for different user groups or something like that.

Kind regards, Frits

• Krikor Boghossian
  • Platinum Member
More
9 years 11 months ago #133422 by Krikor Boghossian
Replied by Krikor Boghossian on topic Re: Adding Joomla users to K2 group
Hello Frits,

Thank you for sharing the issue.
I think you need to find an extension that is compatible with K2. Since this extension cannot work with K2, then you need to ask the developer to make it compatible with K2's user groups or use another extension.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• oorzaak
More
9 years 11 months ago #133423 by oorzaak
Your reply and my edit of the former post crossed.

Thanks for your advice,

Frits

More
9 years 11 months ago #133424 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Adding Joomla users to K2 group
@Frits Jongbloets

Since this plugin is using the "onUserAfterSave" trigger it should be a user plugin and not a system plugin. If it's a user plugin you can try to reorder plugins in the administration so K2 user plugin gets executed before this plugin.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• oorzaak
More
9 years 10 months ago #133425 by oorzaak

Lefteris Kavadas wrote: Since this plugin is using the "onUserAfterSave" trigger it should be a user plugin and not a system plugin. If it's a user plugin you can try to reorder plugins in the administration so K2 user plugin gets executed before this plugin.

Hi Lefteris,

I forwarded this information to the Function90 developers who created the Usergroup Selector plugin. They instantly changed the pluging accordingly and it is now working.

Thanks for sharing you advice; both the Function90 folks and I are happy now :-)

Kind regards, Frits

More
9 years 10 months ago #133426 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic Re: Adding Joomla users to K2 group
You are welcome.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---

• oorzaak
More
9 years 10 months ago #133427 by oorzaak
Well, it works on my test site where I started rebuilding this site in order to locate the cause of this issue by elimination. So this site is not 100% the same as the original one. And on the original site I still have the same issue...

On both sites I deinstalled the plugin before installing the new version. Would there be a way to make sure that on the original site there is not a trace left of the old version? I think I should check this first. I did take some time cleaning caches at server side and client site, this does not help.

If it's clear that there is nothing left of it, I could continue rebuilding the site but I'm not looking forward to it as it will take some work...

Kind regards, Frits