Keyword

Can we help for K2 v3?

• RobuustMedia
  • RobuustMedia's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 9 months ago #149906 by RobuustMedia
Replied by RobuustMedia on topic Can we help for K2 v3?
Tomorrow, it's been a year since a new stable release for K2... That saddens me...

I love to use K3 (stable) on production websites very soon..

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 9 months ago #150006 by Scott Lavelle
Replied by Scott Lavelle on topic Can we help for K2 v3?
Still 102 open issues. The most recent one appears to be October 11 (two months ago tomorrow). Still no commit since Oct 15.

Is this project ever going to launch? Since Oct 2014, we've seen all of the Joomla 3.3.x and 3.4.x releases with 3.5 in beta with a newly announced date list of expected released times. For as many Tweets that JoomlaWorks makes about how bad the Joomla team is for updating or being open about things, you'd think they might have ONE release in that time, or at least an update on expected timelines.

I really didn't expect that we'd see K2 v3 come out at Joomla Day Brazil in September, but I also didn't expect it to be this far out with as many issues as are still outstanding.

I think I'm just going to have to find ways to make Zoo do the additional things I want it to and walk away from K2 completely because it's really getting pretty ridiculous.

More
8 years 8 months ago #150407 by Scott Lavelle
Replied by Scott Lavelle on topic Can we help for K2 v3?
Really - seriously...I'm not being sarcastic...

Should we just move along? My last update to this was 3 weeks ago, where I pointed out 102 issues that still remained. Now that number is 106 and there have been 4 added since that last one I mentioned. That means that NONE have been closed.

No Happy New Year - no Merry Christmas or Happy Holidays - No closed issues - no updates to the Blog (since Aug) - no pull requests - no nothing.

Are you really still going to do a K2 v3 or is the project dead? It's not really much to ask, is it? I'm not looking for a hard-and-fast date here, since we've found this to be a pointless request, just that it's going to happen at all, in some reasonable time-frame. Seriously - I'm really close to giving up and I'm sure others are as well. Give us ANY confidence to stick around for the eventual release or tell us there won't be one.

• RobuustMedia
  • RobuustMedia's Avatar Topic Author
More
8 years 8 months ago #150410 by RobuustMedia
Replied by RobuustMedia on topic Can we help for K2 v3?
I don't want to draw this conclusion, I like K2 too much for this, but I think it's time to move on...

Unbelievable, but there's no other choice any more....
I can't believe how you can ruin such a great and perfect component and even business... Unbelievable...