Keyword

K2 SEO issue - Can it be fixed?

• DINALVA ROMANCINI
More
12 years 5 months ago #61292 by DINALVA ROMANCINI
Replied by DINALVA ROMANCINI on topic K2 SEO issue - Can it be fixed?
Any update in this? Please some clue form the moderators...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Vladimir Dombrovskiy
More
12 years 5 months ago #61293 by Vladimir Dombrovskiy
Replied by Vladimir Dombrovskiy on topic K2 SEO issue - Can it be fixed?
can anyone help fix this issue?

and I see one more problem, when open article from main page (from some news module or K2 Content module), there link like component/k2/item/995 and there no module just only article %) more there

• Anna Maria Stranieri
More
12 years 5 months ago #61294 by Anna Maria Stranieri
Replied by Anna Maria Stranieri on topic K2 SEO issue - Can it be fixed?
We are facing the same problem with our parenting website in Germany. We go all the K2-features working and looking as we wished them to. As I read about your experience, we stopped all our export plans because we cannot risk our SEO standing with this project.
Today I stumbled into this extension:
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...map-extensions/10297
Would that help us arranging a K2 Sitemap and avoiding thus Google to see the content only once, as Giu Tae Kim suggested????

Any idea or experience about that.
Is there a moderator out there???

• DINALVA ROMANCINI
More
12 years 5 months ago #61295 by DINALVA ROMANCINI
This is a joke right??? 1500 views and no response???

Moderators, we are not asking for a FIX, we only need to know if this is a REAL problem or not?

Maybe I have a wrong K2 configuration, maybe I miss something.... but I need a hand to figure this out

At least tell that K2 isn't going to fix this, to continue in other way and stop killing my SEO that in my case is essential.

PLEASE may us know what is going on!

PS: I bought SIGPro of JoomlaWorks, I think that at least I deserve a short answer that explain the situation

Regards!

More
12 years 5 months ago #61296 by Luca Morè
Replied by Luca Morè on topic K2 SEO issue - Can it be fixed?
I purchased Simple Image Gallery PRO but the component K2 with these problems is impossible to use. Please you can have a solution.

Thank

More
12 years 5 months ago #61297 by Albert
Replied by Albert on topic K2 SEO issue - Can it be fixed?
It might be the way you setup the menu. I don't understand your menu
example:
your pathway: Infoiguassu>>Atraçoes>>Represa Itaipu>>Lojas de Vinho>>Adega Caminos em Puerto Iguazu

www.infoiguassu.com/pt/atracoes
www.infoiguassu.com/pt/onde-comprar/vinhos <-- why isnt this atracoes/onde-comprar/vinhos if the pathway shows it?

In K2 if you don't make the menu system exactly how the k2 categories/sub-categories are setup URL can look different. The item won't show in the correct category it belongs too.

It is hard to tell for me since you have two different menus. Anyways, that is my guess.

Giu Tae Kim wrote: mhhhh.... this is a HUGE problem

I have a very complete site of tourist information, and I fully use the tags system and every K2 tool that it offers. I use to Simple Image Gallery PRO and other 3thd party extensions. Here is my site in 4 languages: www.infoiguassu.com

But this URL issue is killing my search results:

For example, for this only item in portuguese: www.infoiguassu.com/pt/onde-comprar/vinhos/item/70-adega-caminos

K2 creates this others:

www.infoiguassu.com/pt/atracoes/item/70-vinoteca-caminos
www.infoiguassu.com/pt/atracoes/represa-itaipu/item/70-vinoteca-caminos
www.infoiguassu.com/pt/foz-do-iguacu/item/70-vinoteca-caminos
www.infoiguassu.com/pt/onde-comer/cafeteria/item/70-vinoteca-caminos
www.infoiguassu.com/pt/onde-comprar/vinhos/item/70-adega-caminos
www.infoiguassu.com/pt/onde-comprar/vinhos/item/70-vinoteca-caminos
www.infoiguassu.com/pt/onde-ficar/hotel/item/70-vinoteca-caminos
www.infoiguassu.com/pt/onde-ficar/pousada/item/70-vinoteca-caminos

It's like any visitor can acess that only article from every section of my site: only adding "/item/70-vinoteca-caminos" at the end of the URL

This is KILLING all my work

I wonder why are the JoomlaWorks team doesn't replying this topic. I supose they know that it's a HUGE problem of K2 and solving this mean a LOT of work, maybe changing the core behaviour

Hope the best cause I really like K2 design and functions, and this is a very active community. Regards!

• DINALVA ROMANCINI
More
12 years 5 months ago #61298 by DINALVA ROMANCINI
Hi AI! My menu configuration is OK...

The Menu of the sidebar is the Principal Menu. The Horizontal Menu it's only showing specific articles and tags items.

Anyway, the problem is not the menus, the problem is how K2 shows the items. BTW I am not the only one with this problem, ALL K2 SITES have this problem, including the official website.

K2 allows all visitors access to one article from anywhere in the site. That is, from the current menu path, to the path of the item. This creates very strange and unique URLs, as the fact that an item appear in a totally different menu. And Google Spider crawls that URLs too, as duplicates.

This problem combines so many URLs, that this can virtually DESTROY all meaning of SEO.

Please, Moderators help us to only understand this!

Resgards!

Al wrote: It might be the way you setup the menu. I don't understand your menu
example:
your pathway: Infoiguassu>>Atraçoes>>Represa Itaipu>>Lojas de Vinho>>Adega Caminos em Puerto Iguazu

www.infoiguassu.com/pt/atracoes
www.infoiguassu.com/pt/onde-comprar/vinhos <-- why isnt this atracoes/onde-comprar/vinhos if the pathway shows it?

In K2 if you don't make the menu system exactly how the k2 categories/sub-categories are setup URL can look different. The item won't show in the correct category it belongs too.

It is hard to tell for me since you have two different menus. Anyways, that is my guess.

More
12 years 5 months ago - 12 years 5 months ago #61299 by Harald Liebetegger
Replied by Harald Liebetegger on topic K2 SEO issue - Can it be fixed?
As it seems we are all not smart enough to use K2 ;-)

A user was referring to this threat and the answer of K2 was very quick!
Read more at
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/authoring-a-content/content-construction/8061#rev-118224

But frankly, I will not make for every category a menu entry and also if I do so, the problem isn't gone.
Isn't that bad? :unsure:

• DINALVA ROMANCINI
More
12 years 5 months ago #61300 by DINALVA ROMANCINI

Harald wrote: A user was referring to this threat and the answer of K2 was very quick!
Read more at
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/authoring-a-content/content-construction/8061#rev-118224

OK... I'll quote the answer:

First things first...

K2 is a FREE extension. Let me repeat that. It's FREE.

That being said, it's got one of the largest extension communities within the Joomlasphere. As with any community, if our post doesn't get answered this may mean a couple of things. In big communities like K2's it may mean "please dig around a bit, the answer is already there".

As for SEO, K2 is far better that the default Joomla! article system which is the base of reference in terms of content. K2 makes smart use of both HTML tags and attributes to interlink and present content as SEO as Joomla! allows any extension to be. The only culprit, which I've mentioned earlier to another poster is double URLs for content. But this happens due to the nature of Joomla! and how it structures extesion content based on menu items. In other words, if you have content categories that are NOT mapped into some menu item, then it's likely that you'll end up with double URLs for the same content. BUT... If you create a menu item that properly maps your category structure THE PROBLEM IS SOLVED. End of story. It's THAT simple.

If you're to complain about SEO, make sure you know how SEO is implemented too.

I have ALL my categories mapped in the right menu item. So that in not the point.

Answer this, why the oficial site of K2 have this problem too?

BTW, Are you saying that the solution is create a menu item for each article? Is this serious?

Please: some help from moderator! Regars! ;)

• DINALVA ROMANCINI
More
12 years 5 months ago #61301 by DINALVA ROMANCINI
Please a help form one moderator!

If someone have the same problem, please post it here!

Regards!