Keyword

K2 SEO issue - Can it be fixed?

• Xristoph cRad
  • Radwerkz
More
10 years 8 months ago #61342 by Xristoph cRad
Replied by Xristoph cRad on topic Re: K2 SEO issue - Can it be fixed?
LMAO, glad to see your team is at least monitoring these! Great replies...I'm still giggling :silly:

I came across a post on Pasetbin which has a solution of adding a few lines in an .htaccess file. I've also seen others discussing using a .htaccess file to actually remove (vs. modifying to year/date) and was hoping somebody can provide a link to a valid, safe and trusted resource that contains the .htaccess file (code snippet) to use for resolving this issue vs. having to resort to purchasing sh404SEF as Joomla's default router does a great job.

Here's the URL I found for changing /component/k2/ to /year/date/ for anyone willing to settle on this option pastebin.com/fRTZukVA

Fotis Evangelou wrote: Chilly, please don't be a dick...

First off, noone is conspiring against you. If your submission was unpublished, it's because you edited it after it was moderated by the K2 team. It will be back on shortly.

Secondly, don't be a dick again. Saying we get kickbacks from Anything Digital is insulting the least... Get your shit straight and understand that K2 only uses the default mechanism in Joomla! to create URLs.

If I see 1 more idiotic comment you'll be banned without a warning.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Xristoph cRad
  • Radwerkz
More
10 years 3 months ago #61343 by Xristoph cRad
Replied by Xristoph cRad on topic Re: K2 SEO issue - Can it be fixed?
I believe the solution has been resolved or is at least better than it was a time of op. I'm already using sh404SEF anyway, so it helps with the duplicate URLs by assigning one as conical and allowing you, the user, to modify which of the dupes should be the main link.

Again, as with many K2 work-arounds, creating a menu to items resolves issue. In this case, create 1 menu item for each tag which will allow for more control over display of content for respective tag, otherwise, disable tagging al together.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.