Keyword

Gallery Not Showing

More
14 years 5 months ago #68418 by Zac Wells
Replied by Zac Wells on topic Gallery Not Showing
I have the same issue. I find that k2 uploads the galleries to /media/k2/galleries/"item#"/"OriginalZipName"/ however k2 seems to be looking in /media/k2/galleries/"ItemNumber"/ to display the image galleries

if I move the images out of the OriginalZipName folder and put them one level up in the ItemNumber folder, they then display as an image gallery. so does anyone know how to make the default zip extract location be just the ItemNumber folder and not in a folder with the same name as the zip file or alternatively have k2 look in the correct file?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #68419 by Craig Pearson
Replied by Craig Pearson on topic Gallery Not Showing
Don't zip the folder of images, just zip the images themselves.

Zac Wells said:I have the same issue. I find that k2 uploads the galleries to /media/k2/galleries/"item#"/"OriginalZipName"/ however k2 seems to be looking in /media/k2/galleries/"ItemNumber"/ to display the image galleries
if I move the images out of the OriginalZipName folder and put them one level up in the ItemNumber folder, they then display as an image gallery. so does anyone know how to make the default zip extract location be just the ItemNumber folder and not in a folder with the same name as the zip file or alternatively have k2 look in the correct file?

More
13 years 10 months ago #68420 by Keegan Green
Replied by Keegan Green on topic Gallery Not Showing
I was having a similar problem, and 2 comments helped me resolve it.

1. Don't zip the folder of images, zip the images themselves by selecting them all. (thanks Belinda Francis)
2. Create the 'galleries' folder manually. I didn't change the default plugin folder, so I created the folder images/stories/galleries (thanks Manukat)

Now I can upload .zip files through the item's gallery tab in K2. Hope that helps someone.

Joomla 1.5.2
K2 2.4.1
Simple Image Gallery Pro 2.0.5

More
13 years 6 months ago #68421 by mojito
Replied by mojito on topic Gallery Not Showing
this is working for me but do I have to set this media/k2/galleries/ in the plugin settings ? thanks

JoomlaWorks said:
When you upload the zip file in the backend and images get extracted, do you see a preview of the gallery? If you don't, it seems you're dealing with permission issues with your /media/k2/ folders.

More
13 years 5 months ago #68422 by Woodi
Replied by Woodi on topic Gallery Not Showing
I had trouble, both with Image and Image Gallery, and in both instances it turned out that my /cache folder and /media/k2/items/cache folder were not working.Once those were sorted everything worked quite happily. Incidentally I worked this out by turning on error reporting in the SIG module.