Keyword

No CSS on K2 item view when logged-in!

• Brandon G. Little
  • Brandon G. Little's Avatar Topic Author
More
15 years 2 months ago #69684 by Brandon G. Little
Replied by Brandon G. Little on topic No CSS on K2 item view when logged-in!
Just tried it on two other computers... An older one with IE6 and Firefox.... same result.

And a new one with Windows Vista, also on both IE and Firefox...... same result (CSS doesn't render in Firefox, and the page won't even load in IE).

Can anyone else confirm that Item View renders the CSS properly while Logged IN on the site, www.backslashonline.com ???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #69685 by Lefteris
Replied by Lefteris on topic No CSS on K2 item view when logged-in!
The message "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site at www.backslashonline.com/. Operation aborted" indicates a javascript error. You might have a javascript error from other extensions. Try to disable some extensions and see what happens.

JoomlaWorks Support Team
---
Please search the forum before posting a new topic :)

• Brandon G. Little
More
15 years 2 months ago #69686 by Brandon G. Little
The site uses a number of MooTools scripts, which I am of the understanding conflicts with jQuery. I used to have Community Builder installed on the site, which uses a lot of jQuery in the profile component, but a few weeks ago I removed CB and installed JomSocial. JomSocial also uses jQuery, but the JomSocial pages are completely detached from the K2 pages.

I've gone through every extension, disabling them one at a time and hoping for a change, but no luck.

Am I going to have to abandon K2 ???

• Brandon G. Little
More
15 years 2 months ago #69687 by Brandon G. Little
EUREKA!!!!!!!! I got it!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So... I'm brainstorming on what could possibly cause a script error, but ONLY when logged-in. I looked at every detail on the K2 configuration, and then I got down to the "Comments" section. Comments were enabled only for registered users (the way I want it), and I figured that HAD to be it! Surely enough, I disabled comments for everyone, reloaded an item while logged-in, and voila... SUCCESS!

Now, it presents a new problem... What's the conflict with the comments, and how do I re-enable comments successfully?!?

But, for now at least, the website is functional in item view. I'll tackle the "Comments" issue after I go tackle a piece of the blueberry muffin coffeecake that just came out of the oven.

Much thanks for all your help, and if you have any thoughts on what to do about the Comments conflict so that they can be re-enabled, by all means, do share.......

:-D

More
15 years 2 months ago #69688 by Just Kat
Replied by Just Kat on topic No CSS on K2 item view when logged-in!
I too am having this issue. Man, did I think I was the only one. Individual item view is the only place where K2 seems to throw the stylesheet out of the window. Its been frustrating. I tried different browsers and it is the same thing.

Blog further describes it here, complete with screenshots (since this NING site doesnt allow blogs from other guests).
rosettesandcss.blogspot.com/2009/07/k2-extension-for-joomla.html

More
15 years 2 months ago #69689 by Just Kat
Addendum: To clarify, Brandons solution of disabling the commentary at all (I originally had it set so that everyone could comment) was the way to get individual item view to behave. So now its a choice between having CSS on individual item view or allowing commentary in any way shape or form (registered only or everyone).

Kat

• Brandon G. Little
More
15 years 2 months ago #69690 by Brandon G. Little
Got it... the problem was from the "reCaptcha". I re-enabled comments, and disabled reCaptcha, and it's working just fine.

Although, now I'll probably get spammed up the wazoo. Still, I have a fully-functioning site. STOKED!!!

• Brandon G. Little
More
15 years 2 months ago #69691 by Brandon G. Little
hey, kat... it's the reCaptcha that's causing the trouble. you can enable comments, but disable reCaptcha, and everything is working fine for me. not sure how bad the SpamBots are going to hit without the reCaptcha, but i now have a fully functioning site with comments and CSS in item view whether guest or logged-in!

• Brandon G. Little
More
15 years 2 months ago #69692 by Brandon G. Little
Just found this: forum.joomlaworks.gr/index.php?topic=7767.0

Apparently, the culprit is the public/private reCaptcha keys.

You have to go to the reCaptcha website and sign up for an account to get the keys: recaptcha.net/whyrecaptcha.html

More
15 years 2 months ago #69693 by Just Kat
Yeah. Your theory is correct. So, we have now got it pinpointed to the part *about* the comments system that is driving it wonky. Note that I did not set any sort of CAPCHA keys other than the mere act of having it enabled. How about you, Brandon? Did you set any private/public keys? Maybe we have to in order to enable CAPCHA, enable comments, and not have CSS on page issues.

My site is not live so CAPCHA is a non issue...at the moment. That I could at least live with better than not allowing comments at all. If this site ends up being like another site I had, than Ill definitly be seeing spambots.